TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Best View From A Lift Hill

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always enjoy looking out over all of Magic Mountain from the lift hill on X2. Lots of trees with the coasters poking out over the top. It's quite impressive to see!

Tatsu has the best view at SFMM, certainly the most intense view from a lift hill.

My votes are Millennium Force & Magnum XL-200 for sure. I just love being able to see Canada on a clear day, the surrounding park/water park and lake views. I'd say TTD too, but the view doesn't last so long.

For some reason, I want to say Shivering Timbers. I just like the look of the area and land around the park. Then there is The Beast at King's Island (both hills). Going up the first lift and seeing the woods and then coming up the second hill to see the park skyline.

I'd say I really like American Eagle's lift at SFGAm, especially when running backwards. When one side is running backwards, you can easily just sit there and admire the Chicago Skyline from the ride.

Another good skyline view is SheiKra, which gives good views of Downtown Tampa and the Bay from the top.

With all the love for Millennium Force, I'd toss in a vote for TTD, if only you were up there for long enough to enjoy it!

Mamba's nice at sunset from the left side of the train -- downtown KC lit up in orange. I also love the views from both US dive machines, as others have mentioned. Not a coaster, but I have to mention Summit Plummet -- you can see pretty much anything over the treeline in the entire WDW resort from up there.

Allow me to toss in a vote for Little Dipper at Little Amerricka. At least, it's one of the most unique views from a coaster. I don't think I got a picture while I was there, but if you can find one online, you'll be dying to see it.

I personally love the view you get on the lift hill of i305. It may only be for a few short seconds due to how freaking fast that thing is, but you can get a great view of the Virginia forest. At the top, if you look out, you can see a beautiful landscape of forests and wilderness, but it's literally only for just half a second before the 300 ft plummet back to Earth.

With the new stadium going in next to it and weekly fireworks (that just ended unfortunately), I think the view from the Gold Striker lift at sunset/night is pretty amazing. Going to be even better once the stadium opens and is all lit up on game night.

While I wouldn't consider this the 'best view' from a lift hill, it does fit the general topic of this thread.

The top of the lift hill on Wacky Worm at O.D. Amusement park in North Myrtle Beach had a really good view of the Atlantic Ocean. This is from 2012 and I'm not sure if it is still there. Yes I did credit whore this although my main visit for the stop was the Zyklon across the street.

IMG_3864_edit.jpg.83045cb413b050adf46487132d6ce06e.jpg

While I wouldn't consider this the 'best view' from a lift hill, it does fit the general topic of this thread.

The top of the lift hill on Wacky Worm at O.D. Amusement park in North Myrtle Beach had a really good view of the Atlantic Ocean. This is from 2012 and I'm not sure if it is still there. Yes I did credit whore this although my main visit for the stop was the Zyklon across the street.

[attachment=0]IMG_3864_edit.jpg[/attachment]

I didn't see it this year.

Bizarro at SFNE has a very tasty view from the top. The river on one side, a ton of rides on the other, and Connecticut off into the distance as that 221 foot drop looms before you. I haven't ridden a whole lot of coasters, but just from one ride I could tell that it was top class.