TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hidden/Secluded Park Areas

I've always loved the grassy area behind the carousel at Kennywood where they have the carousel horse statue. And prior to Kennywood having the laser show, the bridge overlooking Racer and Jack Rabbit at night was possibly the most settling thing ever.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There has always been a favorite place of mine to sit down and relax at Six Flags Flags Over Texas. It may not be super secluded, but there is always empty benches and shade. It's off of a bridge in between the New Texas Giant and the Yosemite Sam River Adventure ride.

Here is a pic :

phpCW36UEPM.thumb.jpg.b57b4ccc0c0ac53f5df314583563a072.jpg

Hershey Park---the new path from the entrance gate to Skyrush is pure bliss: watch a great coaster over a scenic lake without the annoyance of people. But this will be gone by the time people realize you can take this path to avoid the crowds of the main path.

I suppose I could suggest the gardens at Alton Towers, doesn't get any more secluded than that but you can seriously get lost in the valley.

Oh God, don't even remind me of that lol. I made the mistake of going through the Gardens thinking it'd be a shortcut to Forbidden Valley. My God I was wrong, plenty of walking uphill that's for sure, and with dirt tracks and service roads everywhere it's hard to tell where to actually walk.

There has always been a favorite place of mine to sit down and relax at Six Flags Flags Over Texas. It may not be super secluded, but there is always empty benches and shade. It's off of a bridge in between the New Texas Giant and the Yosemite Sam River Adventure ride.

Here is a pic :

I LOVE places like this!

At my old home park, (Valleyfair in Minnesota), my "secret" place used to be the inside of the Red Garter Saloon. I was a young aspiring musical theater fan and, when I had a season pass in Highschool, no visit was complete without watching one of the shows in the Red Garter. Of course, the Red Garter Saloon was not secret, but unfortunately not many people went to the shows inside. That's why I always felt like it was my "insider tip". Air conditioned, live singing and dancing = teenage Morgan in heaven. I was so disappointed when they turned it into a sports bar!

My home park, Kings Island has many.

-The path going from Kings Island Theater to Invertigo: Very hidden, shaded, and a great short cut to Invertigo.

-Basically anywhere underneath/behind the Eiffle Tower (Starlight Experience area): Very pretty area, especially before Diamondback and Backlot were built.

-Tower Gardens: Very tranquil area of the park, now it is a smoking section unfortunately...

-Not very hidden, but Oktoberfest is always empty. Plus there are a ton of trees and a lake!

At Six Flags Over Georgia I always loved the area near Acrophobia. It is usually not nearly as busy compare to the rest of the park. And of course there are the plant tunnels and beautiful landscaping!

Also the path connection Cotton State and the Spanish Fort area is one of my favorites. Basically for the same reasons mentioned above.

I always thought that the bridge going from The Lost Continent to Jurassic Park Area, skipping the Wizarding World Of Harry Potter, was always kind of empty.

The backside of the Jurassic Park restaurant/ museum that faces the lake in the center of the park is a good place to make a phone call or relax.

I concur. I love chilling out there, even on busy days we've found it deserted around there and sat looking out over the lake.

I could have sworn I posted already on this thread. Oh well:

BGA: Pathway behind Tut's tomb towards the Crown Colony house and Edge of Africa. Unfortunately, there is a new smoking area at the old train station, so it now has more traffic, and I wouldn't hang out near there too long.

IOA: As mentioned, the shortcut through Seuss Landing and the lakeside section of the restaurant in Jurassic Park.

• 3 weeks later...

I think that Casey Jnr and Storybook land in Magic Kingdom Disneyland Paris is pretty hidden. The old mill is in front of it and then you have to walk down a sloping path and under the train bridge. Even then it just looks like theming and not 2 actual ride's there.

I also love in the same park the walkways that run parallel to Main Street USA but are at the back of the shops. A great route to get in and out of the park before/during or after the parade/fireworks.

In IOA when in Superhero Island I also feel that behind the store with Wolverine at the front you can go right down to the waters edge to the Hulk. I got some great shots here.

I think the path behind Chester and Hesters Dino treasures is a great non crowded walk to Dinosaur in Animal Kingdom, Walt Disney World.

Silver Dollar City has two. The first is the waterfall path between Wildfire and the Lumber Camp restaurant. Unfortunately, you can no longer walk behind the waterfall, but it's a beautiful area. We'll often get a skillet from the Lumber Camp and sit at one of the picnic tables in this area to eat.

The other is the circular path between Midtown and Tom and Huck's. This path was once quite busy when the Tom and Huck's area was new, but since they took out the Runaway Ore Cart (kiddie coaster) and playground to make room for the RiverBlast, this path kind of circles around the back side of the area, and it's much less used now. The fences and flowerboxes could use some repair, but it's still a pleasant walk.

Barracuda Bay at Darien Lake never seems to get a crowd anymore ever since they closed Floodgate Falls and got rid of the chaining rooms in front of 'Cuda Falls because the only way to get there now is to go over near Hook's Lagoon and cross the bridge connecting BB to the rest of the water park.

I found a nice spot at Wonderland by Swing of the Century, I believe it's called, and spotted it by the smoking section. It's a little bricked , dare I say cul-de-sac with a few benches that everyone passed, not that there was a lot of people there in that area. I took a pic of it from my phone...

In IOA when in Superhero Island I also feel that behind the store with Wolverine at the front you can go right down to the waters edge to the Hulk. I got some great shots here.

I think there's a Diner in Superhero Island, and its part of the back area of that too I think with seating and everything, so you can relax in this area having something to eat(while being quite hidden too) and watch a great coaster in action, really cool

I found a nice spot at Wonderland by Swing of the Century, I believe it's called, and spotted it by the smoking section. It's a little bricked , dare I say cul-de-sac with a few benches that everyone passed, not that there was a lot of people there in that area. I took a pic of it from my phone...

That's a great little secluded shady area and quicker path from Action Zone to the front of the park. It used to have a whole bunch of movie related junk from when Paramount still owned the park.

BGW's animal exhibits behind Lorikeet Glen between Ireland and France are nice and quiet--a good place to relax for a few minutes. The coffee house behind Grogan's in Ireland is a nice quiet place, too.

At SFoG - the Carousel is really nice - there are rocking chairs up there and usually a nice breeze. The areas on Carousel hill are all usually quiet. Also, as mentioned earlier, the path and plant tunnel between Georgia Cyclone and Acrophobia can be a good place to relax.

At BGT - the paths that go towards the animal exhibits (kind of near Rhino Rally) are usually nice and quiet along with the smoking area next to Montu.

The Haunted Mansion-Splash Mountain-Pirates area at Disneyland almost completely empties out when the firework show is going on. It can go from being packed, to being completely empty, even though you can still see the fireworks in full view (however, you cannot hear the music).

Although, Splash Mountain was closed at the time I was there, so I am not sure if this still applies when the ride is open.