TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

College Football Discussion

So FSU, Oregon and Alabama will all have new QBs next year, while OSU we have 3 starting QBs.

Glad to see FSU go down, but not seeing how people can say Alabama was overrated. Urban Meyer and the Buckeyes just came in with a great game plan and executed to perfection for a majority of the game.

I still would have preferred that the Rose Bowl stayed a Big 10/Pac 12 match-up with the two regional teams staying in the Southeast.

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So FSU, Oregon and Alabama will all have new QBs next year, while OSU we have 3 starting QBs.

Glad to see FSU go down, but not seeing how people can say Alabama was overrated. Urban Meyer and the Buckeyes just came in with a great game plan and executed to perfection for a majority of the game.

I still would have preferred that the Rose Bowl stayed a Big 10/Pac 12 match-up with the two regional teams staying in the Southeast.

Yeah, the playoff is a lot of fun, about 2 months ago I thought Oregon was gonna win the whole thing and that might still be true. I'll be pulling for the Ducks, Quack Quack!

Is Oregon the least unlikeable team in sports? I mean it's hard to find a reason to not cheer for them, even within the Pac-12 conference I can't imagine there's a lot of old fashion hatred towards them by anyone except Oregon State. They're just a really fun team to watch play. In the past I've thought they haven't been as good up front as the Alabama's and LSU's and Auburn but they've got some talent in the trenches these days, certainly not as soft as they used to be.

Is Oregon the least unlikeable team in sports?

At this point in time, I agree and have never rooted against them, even when they had overhyped QBs like Akili Smith and Joey Harrington. I'm sure some West Coast football fans feel differently though.

However, a few years of sustained success (and the relationship to Nike) could change all that.

I remember when Florida State was adored and admired by most fans outside of their biggest rivals.

Edited by larrygator

As a USC fan, I'll chime in and say there are certainly teams to hate more than Oregon, but I definitely don't like them either! Mariota is a class act, but outside of that...their success is based solely upon Phil Knight's money. I can't stand most of their hideous uniforms. They even got caught paying a guy to recruit for them, yet received less punishment than USC (thanks NCAA... )

One year they paid for a giant billboard to be placed in downtown LA showing off their receiving core the week USC went up to play them @ Oregon as well. They then got crushed and USC's receivers mocked the pose from the billboard. Recently, Phil Knight got jealous that USC was upgrading their facilities with the McKay center, so he paid for another wing to be added to Oregon's already insane facilities.

I'm definitely looking forward to USC playing them in Eugene next year. I may not like them, but I also know that in order for USC to make it back to the top, they have to beat the current top team. They've certainly developed their brand (flashy uniforms, nice facilities, out of this world offense) to the point they are a legitimate national title contender.

Edited by Jew

• 2 weeks later...
One year they paid for a giant billboard to be placed in downtown LA showing off their receiving core the week USC went up to play them @ Oregon as well. They then got crushed and USC's receivers mocked the pose from the billboard. Recently, Phil Knight got jealous that USC was upgrading their facilities with the McKay center, so he paid for another wing to be added to Oregon's already insane facilities.

Was that 2011? If I remember correctly Kiffin went 1-2 against Oregon, surprisingly winning in Eugene and losing at the Coliseum two times.

I'm definitely looking forward to USC playing them in Eugene next year. I may not like them, but I also know that in order for USC to make it back to the top, they have to beat the current top team. They've certainly developed their brand (flashy uniforms, nice facilities, out of this world offense) to the point they are a legitimate national title contender.

Oregon should be beatable next year without Mariota, but our defense needs to step up. We miss you Clancy Pendergast.

Also, someone tell Sark to stop calling plays. Make Clay Helton do it, and send clay to the press box.

It was 2002.

I'm OK with Sark as a play caller. Just needs to keep developing and learn to be more aggressive, which will hopefully happen with the ability to sign full recruiting classes to get the added depth back.

I'm OK with Sark as a play caller. Just needs to keep developing and learn to be more aggressive, which will hopefully happen with the ability to sign full recruiting classes to get the added depth back.

True. Consistency was also an issue. The drives this season were either first down, first down, first down, or three and out. But as you said with the depth back, hopefully this problem will go away.

One week until signing day!

Side note, I know the NCAA gets crap (rightfully so) for exploiting their athletes, but does anyone realize the athletes are exploited way before that? People are making millions of dollars off watching high school kids compete at camps (paid for by sponsors like adidas, nike, under armour, etc. that I'm sure only do it out of the goodness of their hearts and NOT to try and gain an edge on endorsement deals if they make it big) and stalking their every move on the recruiting trail...

That doesn't even account for the 7-7 leagues cashing in on them or "schools" like the IMG academy that are run by an agency....

• 1 year later...