TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

College Football Discussion

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man that game was unbelievable. It was very entertaining, but I've never seen a Nick Saban coached team make so many stupid mental mistakes. They were consistently shooting themselves in the foot. It wasn't only player errors, but coaching errors too. They did not look like a team that had won two straight national championships.

Iowa played both OSU and MSU, and I was more impressed with Michigan State. Their defense completely manhandled us for all but a 5 minute stretch in the 2nd quarter. OSU's defense can be scored on, as proven yesterday. Should be a very interesting game.

Iowa played both OSU and MSU, and I was more impressed with Michigan State. Their defense completely manhandled us for all but a 5 minute stretch in the 2nd quarter. OSU's defense can be scored on, as proven yesterday. Should be a very interesting game.

Our defense played like sh*t during the Michigan game, so the Buckeyes really gotta prove they earned that number two spot. Plenty of people are upset at our BCS ranking now.

^^I'd prefer Petersen. Anyone who calls a hook-and-ladder AND the statue of liberty play in the same game that just so happened to be a BCS bowl game is OK by me. He's recruited a lot in CA already and legitimately developed a lot of talent all the major schools passed on. Franklin has been overmatched in the SEC, though the qualifier with that is that Vandy doesn't even come close to having the resources of the other SEC schools.

I was right, the mere mention of the Ohio State Buckeyes brings on the hate!

If OSU beats MSU, the BCS title game bid is deserved. How/why should Auburn who lost to the 3 loss LSU Tigers go in front of the undefeated Buckeyes?

Yes, OSU played a huge rivalry game on Saturday and it was very close.

A win is a win, or else Auburn's win against GA would be called into question as well, right? If GA defensive backs had done what they were taught from the first day they stepped on a football field and make sure the ball gets to the ground, Auburn would have 2 losses. So "almost lost" only counts when it is the Buckeyes?

Oh well, haters are going to hate.

I get it, I have the same feelings to every team in Florida, especially thug u.

Go Bucks!

There sure were some exciting games on Saturday! I love that Auburn knocked off Alabama in dramatic fashion, but I'm not happy with the outcomes of some of the other games.

Michigan's gutsy 2-point conversion call was football at its best. The biggest rivalry, 114K in the big house, trip to the national championship possibly on the line, and it comes down to one play. Unfortunately the Wolverines couldn't topple the Buckeyes. In a typical classless move, Meyer won't suspend his player that was ejected from the game, kicked over the bench, and flipped off the stadium.

The other dissapointment was the Georgia / Georgia Tech game. Tech looked awesome in the first quarter, slicing up UGA through the air. What!? Where has that version of Vad Lee been all year? But then they blew a 20 point lead and lost it in double overtime. Thrilling, but sad. The University (sic) of Georgia moves back in to the BCS rankings.

My prediction: Florida State vs. Missouri in the BCS title game.

^^I mean a loss at LSU isn't exactly like losing at home to a nobody. If Ohio State takes care of business next week they will be in regardless, but if they lose then I think the 1 loss SEC champ gets in over them. I haven't watched a ton of Ohio State football this year but I've watched enough to know that they can score on anyone but their defense is not very good. I think they'll compete against FSU (or Bama or Auburn) but they won't be favored.

And no offense, but Ohio State fans kind of bring it on themselves, and I get it, I'm a Kentucky basketball fan! No matter how many great fans you might have they're are enough obnoxious idiots to ruin it for the good ones!

I don't see OSU losing to Michigan State but then again they gave up 30 points to an Illinois team that hasn't won a conference game in 2 years (in a crappy conference). Should be a good game, FSU vs Duke on the other hand... ugh.

I admittedly hate OSU... A lot. But I agree, if they beat MSU on Saturday they've earned a trip to the BCS title game. Auburn's schedule hasn't bee that crazy this year. I watched the LSU game, and they were never really a threat that night. This isn't your typical LSU team, either. I know, I know. The SEC is amazing and the Big 10 is terrible, but I think OSU should get in over Auburn if they win this week.

If the Buckeyes lose to MSU, then I agree, Auburn goes, provided they beat Missouri.

Not too long ago it was Auburn whining about being undefeated and not playing in the title game. Now the Auburn AD is screaming that 1 loss Auburn should go before the undefeated Buckeyes.

We agree, if Buckeyes win, they go to play FSU. And they may get beat in the title game, but that will not be known until the game is played.

I do grow weary of the Ilinois scoring on the Buckeyes stuff. On the same day Alabama beat a non ranked team by a score of 20-7. I saw no whining and crying for Alabama to be ranked lower after only putting up 20.

If Ohio State wins this weekend, they will be in the championship game. A win over Missouri, isn't going to boost a 1-loss Auburn team into the top 2 of the BCS.

I do think Ohio State has played a weak schedule compared to the top 1-loss teams, but they took care of business in all of their games and that is all that matters.

Edited by ernierocker

I admittedly hate OSU... A lot. But I agree, if they beat MSU on Saturday they've earned a trip to the BCS title game. Auburn's schedule hasn't bee that crazy this year. I watched the LSU game, and they were never really a threat that night. This isn't your typical LSU team, either. I know, I know. The SEC is amazing and the Big 10 is terrible, but I think OSU should get in over Auburn if they win this week.

Agreed, if though OSU will get destroyed by FSU. Auburn would give FSU a better game, that that shouldn't jump them ahead of an undefeated OSU team.

USC hires Steve Sarkisian. Seems like an odd move to me. He's done OK at Washington, but I feel like USC should be aiming higher. They're very weird about keeping it inside the USC family.

Chris Petersen turned them down.

This hire is definitely not the home run hire I expected, and I'm not totally sold…but not totally against it either. USC's pro-set offense was too predictable, and as much as I loved the passion Coach O brought to SC to salvage this season, the UCLA game showed his deficiency: he's not an X's an O's guy and got completely out coached by Jim Mora and made no adjustments.

Sark can still recruit well, and if he brings Justin Wilcox (in 2 years as D-coordinator at Washington they went from being 106th in total yards to 32nd) and Tosh Lupoi (he's just as good a recruiter as Coach O) along with keeping the better SC assistants (Tee Martin, John Baxter, Tommie Robinson, Mike Ekeler), that's a pretty solid foundation. Rumors also out there USC will go after UCLA's O-line coach (Adrian Klemm), who is another great recruiter.

There's also now reports out there Jim Mora is in contact with UDub, so that makes it an even better hire for USC: killing UCLA's momentum!