TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Trip to Mt. Olympus and Noah's Ark

11slataus

I'm planning a trip to the Dells the weekend of June 29th. Want to definitely get to Mt. Olympus and Noah's Ark, so I just had some questions and if anyone who knows could answer that would be great. Sorry for the number of questions, I just figure I'll get better answers here than looking on wikipedia or something.

Are there any awesome seats on the Olympus woodies that I should know about? I know of Cyclops's backseat but are there any for Zeus and Hades? I normally just go for front and back unless there is a "money seat."

Are any of the woodies currently down for retracking?

Any rides at Mt. Olympus other than the coasters that are worth riding?

Is the Timber Falls woodie worth a ride?

Any Noah's Ark must-rides? I know of Point of No Return, Black Anaconda, and Scorpion's Tail.

Also--about how long should I expect for each park? I stay most of the day at any park, but I'm just curious.

Thanks!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the Timber Falls woodie worth a ride?

YES. Note that it's supposedly much better with a full train (I experienced my excellent rides during an ERT marathon, and I'm not sure of typical crowd levels). Also, it can be rough, and only five laps are permitted with the all-day pass.

Take this with a grain of salt because I occasionally find myself inexplicably immune to rough rides, but I was okay in the first row of the last car on Hades (the PTC seat), so you might want to consider that.

If you're into credits, note that the Go Gator at Noah's Ark does not allow adults, and Little Titans at Mt. Olympus hasn't allowed adults for the last several years, either. You could try the Miner Mike at Knucklehead's, though.

I too am immune to rough rides. I really seem to love Mean Streak, Rattler, and Boss while my friends seem to ride them once and be done. Good to know about Hades and HellCat! I was just planning on paying to ride HellCat once with the "Coaster-only" pass, however if it is a good ride than the all-day pass might be a better option (although the 5-lap limit is pretty bogus). I'll have to think about that one.

I do ride kiddie coasters but only ones that aren't much hassle and allow adults. But thanks for that info as well.

Good to know about HellCat! I'm definitely going to check it out. Also, another question--I'm there all of Saturday and most of Sunday as I have to drive 4+ hours home that night. Seeing as I won't have quite a full day on Sunday, does anyone have any recommendations as to what park should be what day (Mt. Olympus or Noah's Ark). Basically, what park is worth more time?

I am pretty sure we did both parks in a day without a problem. We started the day at Mount Olympus at park opening. Mt O is renowned for terrible operations; expect one train operation with slow dispatch times.

Yeah, I've heard of Mt. O's horrible operations (and rough woodies). Does that park usually get that busy? You'd think being surrounded by other parks and having an included waterpark that it wouldn't be too busy.

I realize that both parks could be in one day, however I've got two days there so I think I'll just get the most out of Mt.O and its waterpark that I can and do Noah's Ark the second day.

I actually went to Mount Olympus a few weekends ago (June 9th) and hopefully my information can be pretty accurate!

- Special seats - Hades is definitely a front row ride. Any other row will be a mistake. Also, there are no single riders allowed, anymore. Although they will find someone to sit next to you if you are alone. Cyclops in the last row. Zeus sucks in any seat... And Pegasus, it doesn't really matter.

- All of the rides were open.

- Timber Falls is definitely worth a visit. Even if it's for an hour or 2. I really like their log flume, it has a nice theme. And the 5 rides on Hellcat are amazing. There is never a line for it, unlike the long lines at Mount Olympus, and Hellcat is actually good! I enjoyed Hades back in 2010, but this year, it wasn't as good as I remembered.

- My favorite ride at Noah's Ark was Black Anaconda, so you got that! But the scariest inner-tube slides that I've ever been on were the Bermuda Triangle ones. They are right next to the Time Warp.

- Noah's Ark, you could spend most of the day at. It has fun slides that are actually worth sliding down again. Mount Olympus... The rides you'll only want to go on one time each, and the water park is a dump. I spent two days there (we had free passes) and it was crowded to the rim. The slides aren't anything special, even the new ones they built aren't very good. You should rather spend the morning at Mount Olympus, get the credits and ride some go-karts, then bolt to Timber Falls that night. If you buy the wristband for Timber Falls, their Skyscraper is worth checking out (you get a discount if you buy the wristband) and it's a lot of fun.

If you want to have fun in the Dells this weekend, spend the least amount of time at Mount Olympus as you can!

Hades is definitely a front row ride. Any other row will be a mistake. Also, there are no single riders allowed, anymore. Although they will find someone to sit next to you if you are alone.

Any details on this? Is it 100% strict, or is it simply for capacity reasons? Does it apply to the other coasters?

Then again, I'm not certain I'd want to suffer through this park again without TPR, anyway...

Hades is definitely a front row ride. Any other row will be a mistake. Also, there are no single riders allowed, anymore. Although they will find someone to sit next to you if you are alone.

Any details on this? Is it 100% strict, or is it simply for capacity reasons? Does it apply to the other coasters?

Then again, I'm not certain I'd want to suffer through this park again without TPR, anyway...

When I went to the park a few weekends ago, I was with my brother in line for the 2nd row. There was a guy in front of us and the ride attendant made me ride with him because he was a single rider. I really don't know why you can't ride by yourself, but when we we got back to the station, I had to ride again with my brother. And if any of you guys have been on Hades, 2 rides in a row is the worst!

Just got back from the trip and it turned out to be a great time! Noah's Ark was the best waterpark I've been to. Black Anaconda, Time Warp, and Scorpion's Tail I thought were best. Got the night pass for Timber Falls, $15, got 5 rides in on HellCat. Definitely worth it! That thing took the turns so fast I thought we'd end up in the road. Mini golf there was ok. Mt. Olympus ended up being very fun as well. Got on Zeus, Hades (x2), Cyclops (x2), Pegasus, Opa, Catapult, and the Hermes and Trojan Horse tracks. Zeus was fun but unremarkable. Rode it in back but didn't find it to be too rough. Pegasus and Opa were basically just credit stops. Rode Cyclops twice in back and was practically riding on the seat divider with all the airtime. However, while the airtime was amazing, the drop was also very rough (retracking soon?) Hades had the only long line and we waited in it twice; once for front and once later for back. Overall, I honestly thought it was great. It was WAY rougher in back, though. I have a high tolerance for painful rides, but my friends, not so much. It needs a second train but overall I thought it was still a fun ride. Thanks a lot for all the help that was given!