TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

[NL] California Screamin' Recreation

Hey, guys. I have been working on a recreation of California Screamin' in NoLimits for roughly 3 years now. After over 100 rides, I have carefully crafted the trackwork to be as close to the ride as possible, relative to shaping, proportions, etc. Trackwork is done, support work is roughly 85% done, and I just recently began working on 3ds. Why Screamin', exactly? Well, it's one of my favorite rides and I don't believe there is any recreation that gives the ride justice, and the size of the ride makes it such a wonderful challenge. Pics below, not everything is final yet and is still in progress, keep that in mind.

Red line is an overlay of my track versus the actual ride. I used an imported Google Earth satellite image for the ride, but still, it's very close.

A) Transfer section leaving station

B) Transfer section between the main track and storage bay

C) Transfer section between dual loading

D) Transfer section into storage bay

E) Station

F) Storage Bay

---

I'll post more when I get to it. Looking at an August release if all goes well.

A113

Edited by A113

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No other No Limits builder pays quite so much attention to detail than you do on your rides. All the transfer tracks on the ride, all the sensors and LIMs, they make me feel like I'm actually looking at the real ride! I can't even wait for this to be released. It's been a hell of a 3 years on this project, but since the beginning, it's been absolutely awe inspiring to watch!

Wow. Epic. Really looking forward to seeing this completed eventually and then being able to download it. CS is also one of my favorite steel loopers, it's a lot like something the Master Schwarzkopf would have built - full of airtime and just one single loop for effect.

Thanks, guys.

Recently (for the past week, actually), I have been having a lot of trouble with the supports and importing models into Google Sketchup, and, after much delay, the issues were resolved and progress is back in gear. The support structure has been textured and I have begun installing the railings, stars, catwalks, and tunnels. As always, more pictures to come when progress continues.

I send my best wishes to the site's American users, I hope you have a wonderful Independence day with your families.

-A113

Thanks for the comments, I dearly appreciate them.

The progress I'm showing you, as constructive as it may be, isn't very great news. Work has slowed down immensely, especially with adding these railings, which is the main culprit. The task is so tedious, there is no efficient solution such as copying along a path. The distance between each post varies throughout the course, as well as the orientation. I've tried several methods to expedite the process, and efforts proved to be unsuccessful. I at least developed a system, but it's going to take a while, and it shows that it has taken a while. I'm still pushing for that August release guys, it hasn't left my mind yet. The fact that I recently got a job limits my time further, but it's a challenge I'm up for.

A113

• 4 months later...