TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Gardaland Discussion Thread

^In Maverick's case, they already had track fabricated and ready to be shipped out to Cedar Point. It got there within what, a few days of them deeming the heartline roll unfeasible? So they know they're pushing limits, and the parks they're designing for are sometimes willing to take that chance, with a backup already in place in case everyone decides against it.

But this has nothing to do with X-Raptor at all. Hopefully B&M can figure this seating arrangement out and make it a smooth ride. I've certainly never had a rough ride on an outside dive machine seat, so here's to hoping we can expect something like that out of this!

Can anyone share with me some "notable B&M issues" ... If owned a park, I'd probably purchase a B&M because who wants to experience a major issue that could affect the general public's opinion of your park. As enthusiasts, we complain that B&M's can be forceless and repetitive, but they seem to be the more sensible purchase for many parks..

Chris "devil's advocate" Connolly.

Edited by Chroniq

^I know that they messed up the manufacturing of Apollo's Chariot and had to shave a whole 1/16th of an inch off of one of the pieces. Also, Tatsu had to have part of one of its footers shaved because it was done wrong (though that may have been the construction company's fault), plus, SFMM had to build a retaining wall to keep Tatsu from eventually sliding down the hill. And then there's Scream, which is 3985' of mess up.

^I posted facts and no opinion (except for the Scream comment, but that was a joke). I was in no way trying to slander B&M at all, I merely posted about the minor issues that I know about. Chroniq asked about B&M manufacturing errors, and I answered. Personally, I'm an Intamin man myself, but there's no doubt that B&M has been much more precise with their projects.

In my misguided opinion, the biggest selling point of B&M's rides are their capacities. Up until a few years ago, they were the only company (if not the only company, then one of a very small few) that produced trains with four-across seating. They can seat 36 people in their trains in the length of a 28-passenger Intamin or Vekoma train.

The biggest reason I like B&M coasters is how open their trains are. Just look at Wildfire at Silver Dollar City! Those aren't trains, they're seats with floors! It's flipping awesome!

Edited by A.J.

Speaking of B&M and capacity...

Will this be B&M's lowest-capacity coaster since Iron Wolf? It seems weird seeing a B&M that only seats 24 people. (Not that 24/train is bad...it's just relatively unimpressive compared to the company's other rides.)

Personally I don't see capacity as an issue. I mean yea 24 people, but you have 2 trains I would think. Now its a small quick paced coaster that will move people through rather nicely. I am more or less looking as said also at smaller B&M's out there by train sized etc and block types. Hydra pushes people very well. Krake also will have smaller trains at 18 people per train but it will push people.

This will definitely draw in crowds and keep them. After all, it is a full-blown roller coaster and not some gimmick (I'm looking at you, Sequoia Adventure).

Oblivion does really well with crowds and in the height of season where rides like Air, Nemmie and 13 have 2 hour queues Oblivion usually has less than 20 mins.

However, The track is significantly shorter than X Raptor appears to be and they have 6 trains which are very quick to dispatch. I Don't think we'd be able to compare dispatch times between the two im afraid.

This is a bit OT but I want your opinion on this. Look carefully at this picture:

On the left, where the second row ends there's some kind of train chassis. There's people claiming that's for a wing-rider train.

IMO it's just a part of the train for the Dive Macine but I wanted to know what you think.