TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Gardaland Discussion Thread

I've always wondered how other companies would tackle rotating seats if they decided to. Perhaps an onboard computer system that controls them electronically. But I also think that could get really problematic.

Not a good idea to use an onboard PLC to control rotation,remember how much trouble vekoma has had on the two 2nd gen flyers that used onboard PLC's?...and that was just to raise & lower the seats,as well as monitor restraints let alone rotating them during the ride.

Tame? Possibly. Fun? Hell yes!

Anything with a new concept has to be taken slowly, but I have a feeling that this one will be fantastic. I can't wait to see what they'll do with that design in the future, once they know for sure how all the forces and whatnot play out. We can only imagine...

Anything with a new concept has to be taken slowly, but I have a feeling that this one will be fantastic. I can't wait to see what they'll do with that design in the future, once they know for sure how all the forces and whatnot play out. We can only imagine...

The only thing that came to mind, was Xcelerator. But I guess compared to other versions of the "rocket coaster", Intamin did take it slowly. =p

I'm excited to see what they do with these concepts though. The theming on this one is incredible!

I can see 1 at a Busch or Cedar Fair park......[/qu

I agree...this wouuld be so cool where Big Bad Wolf was at BGW or flying over Cedar Point. I wish they had one of these coming to the States, but looks like they're testing them out in Europe before they come here. Oh well, the longer the wait the better the ride!

^I actually don't like the look of them at all. They look even larger and more bulkier than the old OSTR style. It looks like it holds you in tighter, while the bars going around on each side serve only to obstruct one's view and make it feel more like a cage. The train and ride looks good though.

All the thematic elements really seem to make this ride - it's definitely not about forces. I think Gardaland was receptive to the concept because it gave them a novel excuse to indulge on thematics more than excess height and ride features, but I don't think that most customers will have similar wants. I don't see this set-up serving much more purpose unless they can advance it somehow with rotating seats or some other feature. It seems like another gimmick that will catch on to a few parks, then die off like the stand-up.

^I think that the bars do seem to stick a little too far out, but I would disagree in thinking the restraints would be anything short of incredibly comfortable, i.e. flier restraints. And I think, at least relative to my shortness, the uniform B&M OTSR's are much more obstructing to the rider's view than anything else. I personally don't think they're very comfortable at all, but flier restraints are AMAZINGLY comfortable.

Also, I think that what makes coasters more exciting isn't extreme/unique forces, but rather unique and bizarre movement. For example, in my opinion, what makes Tatsu's pretzel loop amazing isn't the extreme forces involved, but simply the idea that no other element makes you flip forward. Most elements are backflip-type movement. I think Raptor is going to have really unique movement since the seats move more up and down than typical coasters (being on the outside, of course), and especially since the idea of the heartline is kind of out the window with this design.

I must say I am not too surprised that this prototype is getting a lot of criticism, considering all people tend to do nowadays is talk a coaster down until they actually ride it and have their minds changed...(or the opposite)

Although the ride looks cool, the coolest thing seems to be the restraints. I really hope B&M chooses to use these on their future looping coasters. these things would be qwesome on a Dive Machine!!

Sadly, I don't see that happening, considering the original restraints are much cheaper and allow the seats to be closer together, which is a big deal considering B&M only does 4+ across seating.

next friday I'll go to the park for the great opening of raptor. Can't wait to try this!!!

I really really wanted to go next Friday but my friends are making a big group trip for Sunday so I've decided to wait a few more days.

Can't wait!!!

I'm very excited. Especially on the first reviews

I have been among the lucky ones that tried Raptor during the filming of the tv add and I really loved it! I can tell you that it's incredibly smooth even on the back seats (or so I have been told since I rode only the front) Rather intense first drop and throughly enjoyable layout, the very best head choppers ever seen; I have seen myself splattered on the theming from the first to the last ride I took: lasting effect! A definite 360 winner finally! Can't wait to see it completed with all the water effects, and hope when you'll get the chance to try it out, you'll enjoy it as much as myself...! Brava B&M !!!

POV !!!! with Armin Zoeggeler. Omg, I just fell in love with the guys from parksmania !!

There's about 10 seconds of actual POV in that video! Most of it is the reverse from POV, with us looking at the bored guy just sitting there riding (and not really reacting to the ride at all!)

Still, I'm looking forward to riding it in July.

Has anyone been able to find the patent for the trains?

I did a patent search and found all the patents for every other train design they have but not this one.

I'm sure B&M filed a patent for these trains but it's possible that the patent office is backlogged and have yet to publish it on the site.