TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Gardaland Discussion Thread

^I think that's that persons jacket, because if you look even closer you can see the same person, same shirt, and same color straps over the shoulder, towards the back of the train, I think they just reused the guy and he happened to have on a blue jacket that looked like shoulder straps.

From Screamscape:

“The terrible flight of the unknown winged creature is teeming with ruins such as...

a bride with protection barriers... ”

WTF?!

I'm envisioning the Bride of Frankenstein in a chastity belt.

(Guessing that was supposed to be "bridge" - but "bride" is far more entertaining.)

My take on seeing the restraints from the old "factory" picture of them with the Krake train near them, seem to tell me 3 things.

1. The bars for holding onto are a bit wider to keep a more open appeal and freedom of movement.

2. There will be no thick pad to restrict any movement hence I said "freedom".

3. The actually lap bar esk portion down where it will push on your lap seems to be a VERY contoured, and VERY streamlined version of the bulky BOX that is what you have on you on the flying or "prone" B&M coasters.

4.Bonus question. Is it me or does B&M have a bit of a theme going on here. Last year was alot of Red TRACKED coasters. This year alot of Dark dark drab green. Whats 2012? Dark blue it seems already.

^haha that's true.green lantern2011but raptor has brown track and supports.I really hope seeing this kind of coaster in the U.S. Maybe SFMM

Green Lantern was built years ago at SFKK, it's not a new ride. He was saying all the New B&Ms being built seem to have that color.

Also the track and supports are not brown...they're black...

4.Bonus question. Is it me or does B&M have a bit of a theme going on here. Last year was alot of Red TRACKED coasters. This year alot of Dark dark drab green. Whats 2012? Dark blue it seems already.

I think it's just Merlin! Every ride they've built in the past few years has been grey/dark/black. Saw, Thirteen, Krake Raptor, and even LC12 in Thorpe will be grey and dark green.

LINK REMOVED

wonderful...!!!

ADMIN EDIT: Not only does the link not work, but you are not allowed to post links until you have at least 50 legitimate posts on the forums as per our Terms of Service. Please be sure to post using full sentences, proper grammar and punctuation, and make sure that none of your posts are in violation of said Terms of Service. While welcome you to Theme Park Review, we have a certain standard that we expect all users to uphold.

Edited by jedimaster1227

Wow. It absolutely crawls through the inline twist.

Its not that it is moving slow, its that the twist itself is elongated... Think of the lateral forces you feel in a normal twist/zero-g roll/whatever we're calling them now... and imagine you're off the side of the track doing that... wouldn't it hurt? A major point for B&M's track record being so smooth is that they go to extreme lengths to heart line all of their elements; this looks to be no different.

With the riders being on the outside only, I don't think this kind of ride can be "heartlined." It could be that the ride instead takes any inversions slowly or leads up to them slower (the flatspins for instance are more like those horseshoe rolls than a corkscrew). I would love to feel what it's like to be pulled under instead of pushed up on an inversion such as the final inline twist.

Wow. It absolutely crawls through the inline twist.

Its not that it is moving slow, its that the twist itself is elongated... Think of the lateral forces you feel in a normal twist/zero-g roll/whatever we're calling them now... and imagine you're off the side of the track doing that... wouldn't it hurt? A major point for B&M's track record being so smooth is that they go to extreme lengths to heart line all of their elements; this looks to be no different.

With the riders being on the outside only, I don't think this kind of ride can be "heartlined." It could be that the ride instead takes any inversions slowly or leads up to them slower (the flatspins for instance are more like those horseshoe rolls than a corkscrew). I would love to feel what it's like to be pulled under instead of pushed up on an inversion such as the final inline twist.

Exactly. For this kind of ride to be heartlined, every inline twist would essentially have to be an elongated, wide corkscrew, and even then, you would only be able to heartline one side of the train. For this kind of ride, lateral forces through inversions that aren't vertical loops are un-avoidable.

On a side note, why do you think that dive machines don't have inline twists? The same reason. The Immelmanns' rolls are taken so slowly that you wouldn't notice the lateral Gs. The rolls even start before the top of the half loops.

I have to say this : Though I`m totally NOT amazed by the layout...seeing a wingrider train flying over the course looks a thousand times better/interesting/graceful than ANY normal coaster train. I`m really amazed by looking at that (rubb...rubb...rubb...aaaaaah) !!!

GeorgeT

• 4 weeks later...
^haha that's true.green lantern2011but raptor has brown track and supports.I really hope seeing this kind of coaster in the U.S. Maybe SFMM

why would SFMM want three of essentially the same ride?

Because it's yet another coaster in their collection,don't forget Dorney will have 3 inverts(two of which are shuttles right next to each other no less) next season so I wouldn't put it past the idiots at SF to do it.

Whatever happened to the name "x-raptor" for this ride? couldn't CF sue them for using the name Raptor much like they got sued by SF when using the name voodoo?