TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Gardaland Discussion Thread

I don't understand all of the negative posts about this thing. NONE of you have ridden it so is there really any room to criticize it?

It looks to be the same concept of Furious Baco, minus a launch.

Regardless of competition or what it does, it looks a lot like X2, so you will get the comparisons. I do think this is a 'step 1' for B&M in that direction, but thats just my opinion.

The ride looks great! Very elegant. I think it is the natural evolution from their '10 seats wide' train design. If the outside seats are more popular, this is a good way to emphasize those seats.

This will "ride" just like any other B&M. They wouldn't ruin their reputation taking such a chance. They engineer further than most companies would consider. Their coasters are smooth vs. the majority of other roller coasters.

Are we really doubting them now?

Overall, I agree it's no different than a floorless (or one could argue an inverted). You may have a few "newer" sensations based on that final inversion. I'm not sure U.S. parks will flock to install these.

The trains look great though! It's funny to see them in reality. I drew a train concept just like this back in the 90's. I called it "Hammerhead." I dropped the seats to level with the track by way of a downward structured "bent" arm. Should be a fun ride!

Edited by Visioneer

right when i saw the picture i "JIZZED, IN MY PANTS"

Maybe this video will help your describe your "jizzing" experience

Why are you people complaining??

No one has even ridden yet!! But there are people who wish to complain none the less.

Edited by Pablo237

Yeah I know. Sorry about that double post. I clicked twice on accident

Sure it may be similar to the floorless coaster. But the people are not on the track. so they have a thrill that they are going to fall off over the edge. They are sitting so it's different from a suspened.

Two things:

Anyone notice the first that one of the first, and I've heard possibly greatest B&M invert is of the same name. I wonder if there's any connection

And also, I'm extremely curious how those restraints are. I know they have the form fitting kind on the flyers, but their standard loopers all still have those super bulky restraints. I'm curious as to what the restraints are like on this thing.

^Raptor @ Cedar Point is FAR from being one of the best inverts. The Batman clones, Talon, Alpengeist, and Afterburn are all superior in my opinion. I know I'll get some heat for saying that

You'll only get heat for not mentioning Nemesis, Katun and Montu are also highly respected.

Edited by larrygator

^Raptor @ Cedar Point is FAR from being one of the best inverts. The Batman clones, Talon, Alpengeist, and Afterburn are all superior in my opinion. I know I'll get some heat for saying that

You'll only get heat for not mentioning Nemesis, Katun and Montu are also highly respected.

Long live Nemesis!

Well, nothing beats "Bench: The Ride"! I think that this may just be the first B&M variant of their own Floor-less design. The seats being closer to the ground may give riders a better experience? (or at least a fun effect, while I like X2, the spinning is a little seizure-ish) I think that this would be fun, the whole "being closer to the ground" effect. I would like to ride it either way, just so I can experience the ride.

For everyone saying its designers/manufactures sales competition/upgrade for X2, I disagree. If anything I believe its a seating placement design thats already been in B&M's concept list for years, at the same time Intamin was already introducing the seating placement for their wingspan coaster Furious B. So being that both coasters are cabapale of having an optional lift hill, or their own versions of powered launch, i would say its a closer comparison to the ride type of Furious B. 4D coasters such as X2 are still in their own class as they requir much more specific track placement design, as there is a 2nd set of rails that the rotating arms of the wings conform to, to have them rotate to a specific postion at a specific time all still while traveling through the course of the main load bearing tracks. This gardaland monster is nice looking but seems to be a typical B&M twister with a 'side of track' wing seating design, however with the that seating design, and the fact that there is little riding on top of the track, it does alow for the inversions to be more stretched out to give the riders more hang time through inversions, (not different from Intamins same style coaster) wich I think is very cool about this type of coaster. Just look at the barral rolls,,,, they are hardly in line twist for the riders because if you look at the track it hardly wraps around the position of the coaster train, but more so the train just rolls over and around the track so i can imagin the feeling ,depending on what side your sitting on at a time, of the train/seats pulling itself away from your butt, which would be pretty fun. And the length of the rollovers being amazing (like that of Volcanoe, and Furious B.,).

I apologize for my ignorance, but is this a 4d ride like X or are the vehicles stationary like Furius Baco? College makes keeping up a challenge to say the least

i know the feeling. as you can see i've been a member since 2007 and only posted 36 times on the site. just not enough time in a day to post as much as i would like....school. bah humbug.. someone just give me a degree. but the seats are stationary to answer.

ADMIN EDIT: Please do not double post. If you wish to post in a topic where you were the last poster, please edit your previous post.

Edited by TPDave