TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Gardaland Discussion Thread

This is a bit OT but I want your opinion on this. Look carefully at this picture:

On the left, where the second row ends there's some kind of train chassis. There's people claiming that's for a wing-rider train.

IMO it's just a part of the train for the Dive Macine but I wanted to know what you think.

I didn´t recognize it before, but after the last post with the car, you really can see the seats on this picture, too:

Seats.thumb.jpg.67c4ee31fc099e904498638b626f222e.jpg

Maybe they'd use censors on the track that trigger a computer in the train to rotate the seats a certain way at parts in the track?

That's too unreliable, censors won't always work and having a seat in the wrong position for an element could cause serious discomfort or injury! It would have to be mechanical.

EDIT, oh yeah..

Edited by Richard

I have a headache just looking at the trains, reminds me too much of a 4D! I really hope they DON'T ever try and spin their new creation!

I would hope B&M could come up with a more elegant solution to rotate the seats. Arrow's millions of moving parts on exceptionally heavy trains is not great! I'm all for it if B&M can refine the idea.

I wonder if they put a cover over the wheels because if you stick your hands straight out sideways, it looks like you could get really close or possibly even grab the wheel assembly.

I'm sure the safety envelope has been designed so that you won't be able to reach the wheel assembly regardless of the cover being there. What if the cover falls off mid cycle and you could touch the really heavy fast spinning wheel? I think B&M have that covered (quite literally!)

Dave "I'm really looking forward to this thing!" Wilson

I have a headache just looking at the trains, reminds me too much of a 4D! I really hope they DON'T ever try and spin their new creation!

I would hope B&M could come up with a more elegant solution to rotate the seats. Arrow's millions of moving parts on exceptionally heavy trains is not great! I'm all for it if B&M can refine the idea.

The easiest system would be what Intamin uses; having the trains' seats freely spinning. However, I don't think that would work on a ride such as this one, since the track isn't parallel top-to-bottom like a Zacspin. A mechanical system could work, but these trains are large enough as it is; an overly complicated system like what Arrow used would indeed make the trains much heavier. Plus, X's mechanical woes are well known by all. I don't think B&M wants to risk putting a complicated system on their ride.

The sensor thing MIGHT work, but then comes the problems with computer failure. Maybe the seats can rotate to normal position (how the seats are pictured on the current trains) if a sensor or onboard system fails. Then again, I am probably reading wayyy too much into 2 pictures.

I wonder if they put a cover over the wheels because if you stick your hands straight out sideways, it looks like you could get really close or possibly even grab the wheel assembly.

I'm sure the safety envelope has been designed so that you won't be able to reach the wheel assembly regardless of the cover being there. What if the cover falls off mid cycle and you could touch the really heavy fast spinning wheel? I think B&M have that covered (quite literally!)

Dave "I'm really looking forward to this thing!" Wilson

I can't think of any instance of a B&M wheel spat falling off mid-ride. And I thought the spats were to protect the wheels from the outdoor elements rather than the riders. Like you said though, B&M probably designed the safety envelope so one can't simply reach the bogies.

I too can't wait to see this thing in action. Would love to see one here at SFNE!

Rather than using a computer sensor system, couldn't they change the trains a bit, and solder on certain pieces of track a little extra track piece, that would work almost like the Arrow system.

Or couldn't they program the ride's trains? That way at a certain time in the ride, (after disengaging the lift) the seats would move in a direction? That would seem to work..

Rather than using a computer sensor system, couldn't they change the trains a bit, and solder on certain pieces of track a little extra track piece, that would work almost like the Arrow system.

Nothing gets soldered to a ride unless it involves the rides electrical wiring.

Or couldn't they program the ride's trains? That way at a certain time in the ride, (after disengaging the lift) the seats would move in a direction? That would seem to work..

Arrow thought of this and on paper it looked good but they found it not to be possible as it wouldn't be reliable. B&M may have something up their sleeve for future "4-D" attractions but Raptor will probably stay "as is."