TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Gardaland Discussion Thread

They are looking for 23 people who will ride Raptor before opening date. According to the video, the flying monster has left some eggs around and in order to get the coaster preview you have to find them.

You have to register and you can play the game. I've registered but I'm still waiting for the email to activate the account so I didn't play.

If the rumors are correct, the trains should arrive at the park today!

• 2 weeks later...

B&M has built some rough rides before. Just cause they normally don't make a mistake doesn't mean they cant. And there wasn't much to design really for the Intamin train, it was basically a beam that went across the track with cars attached to it, it just ended up vibrating a lot, this train cold do the same thing. We wont know till its open.

Furius Baco and this coaster can't be compared. For a lot of reasons. One of them is because FB is still the fastest roller coaster in Europe since 2007. Try to put this B&M trains to 135km/h. You'll have a "rough" surprise.

I suspect that the Intamin wing rider train in the Raptor layout will be a very smooth ride.

Furius Baco and this coaster can't be compared. For a lot of reasons. One of them is because FB is still the fastest roller coaster in Europe since 2007. Try to put this B&M trains to 135km/h. You'll have a "rough" surprise.

You know, that's actually a reason they can be compared, right?

I suspect that the Intamin wing rider train in the Raptor layout will be a very smooth ride.

Exactly what is this based on?

For all we know the B&M Wingrider Train has full suspension giving a glass smooth ride no matter what speed!

From one very small webcam image, nothing can be drawn, we at least need a POV before we can judge how it rides (airtime etc...)

So after this coaster gets revealed and shown to the public and the media, other amusement companies will be jumping up and be wanting a B&M Wing Rider in their parks. Same thing happened with the B&M Flying Coaster. No doubt Six Flags will be wanting one after they see this one.

Furius Baco and this coaster can't be compared. For a lot of reasons. One of them is because FB is still the fastest roller coaster in Europe since 2007(...)

You mean the fastest really working coaster in Europe until now (Ringracer)

the trains just made this ride way more interesting. Funny thing is the trains look like they are only minor modifications away from being 4d seats. Maybe the rumors were true after all?

Makes me wonder what kind of 4D system B&M would use.

I mean, one can have the seats attached to some assembly attached to a special rail* a la X or have the seats freely spinning like on a ZacSpin. Or heck, maybe a 3rd system we don't know about?

*This of course is a very simplified way of how X's cars rotate. I know that it's more complicated than that.

I wonder if they put a cover over the wheels because if you stick your hands straight out sideways, it looks like you could get really close or possibly even grab the wheel assembly.

My guess is most likely. There are pictures of Black Mamba testing without its wheel spats/fairings on RCDB. I'd be really surprised if they didn't put wheel spats over the bogies.

Edited by Generic Name