TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Gardaland Discussion Thread

Here's what I'm talking about:

Honestly, I have never seen the chassis separated from the seats. So it really could be for any arrangement of seats and its shape doesn't give anything away as to what its for. However, being right next to the Dive coaster makes me think its the second train for the dive machine and not the new one for Gardaland.

That's a very interesting bogey design, I've never seen a B&M with anything like that. Every B&M has had the bogeys mounted directly to the top or bottom of the chassis, not sort of "off to the side" like that picture. It very well could be a new chassis design.

Here's what I'm talking about:

100_8997__medium_.jpg

In amongst all this talk of how the chassis works and if it belongs to the dive machine car, you've all missed the seat attached to it! You can see a dark green restraint with black rubbery-looking shoulder straps coming off it, it looks similar to those found on a flyer. Here's another pic if you can't see it.

It's not very easy to see, but when you find the spot of dark green you can see the rest of the seat. There's another one below it too.

You've lost me... The seats appear to be similar to flyer seats (though that image is tiny, you can't tell much from it), but in your own photo of Air you can see flyers have a different chassis to this. The main part of the chassis is across the track and then there's another attachment at a 45 degree angle, then the seat. I can't think what other B&M it could be for.

You've lost me... The seats appear to be similar to flyer seats (though that image is tiny, you can't tell much from it), but in your own photo of Air you can see flyers have a different chassis to this. The main part of the chassis is across the track and then there's another attachment at a 45 degree angle, then the seat. I can't think what other B&M it could be for.

B&M have changed their flying coaster design a bit since AIR though? Didn't they completely change the mechanism for tilting the trains in the station?

^I have to say I'm not sure, but Manta's trains don't have that 45 degree 'extra' chassis, and I can't think of any other B&Ms that do.

Manta's trains: http://www.rcdb.com/4190.htm?p=26959

It's pretty hard to work off such a tiny picture! I'm sure we'll see a proper picture soon enough. I just hope that B&M have sorted out the bouncy seats that I hear make Furius Baco and the S&S 4D coasters so rough on the outside seats. Actually I haven't really heard about X2's trains, what are they like on the outside seats?

Actually I haven't really heard about X2's trains, what are they like on the outside seats?

Depends who's riding it.

For me the outside seats are only bad in the last raven turn, and that's not every time I ride, it's very hit and miss. Other than that when I ride on the outside seats they don't shake like they used to, and the ride is practically the same as being on the inside.

If that is the X Raptor train, which make sense because the restraint system is different from any other B&M's, it looks like the B&M Mega clamshell attached to OTSRs. Plus that dark green color kind of goes with the whole X-Raptor theme with Raptors being green. So it would make sense, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

If that is the X Raptor train, which make sense because the restraint system is different from any other B&M's, it looks like the B&M Mega clamshell attached to OTSRs. Plus that dark green color kind of goes with the whole X-Raptor theme with Raptors being green. So it would make sense, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Looking at the pic more closely, it looks like they have essentially taken the top restraint from their flyer and attached it to the side of the carriage, I think this is definitely a sneak peek of a wingrider car

• 3 weeks later...

Nice *link*! Thank you, robinschroder And thanks goes also to the website, which made it possible to see.

I appreciate the details in that vid. The whole coaster is under construction, but Gardaland gives the fans a really nice update. TOP! I´m excited for the next one

A quick update:

- The name of the coaster will officially be Raptor. If you go on the official website (www.gardaland.it) you'll find a link to the official page.

- They uploaded this image:

Every once in a while they make it more clear.

- A person who works in the Gardaland hotel says that the train will be on site this upcomin Friday.