TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Gardaland Discussion Thread

Looks to me like they just took one of their standard cookie-cutter rides and slapped a new train on it. Nothing special

It's not like Intamin didn't build this same concept 3 years ago, and Arrow way back in 2002.

It's not a "cookie-cutter" ride. The only "cookie cutter" rides B&M has are Batman: The Ride, Superman: Ultimate Flight, and Skeikra and Raptor, if you could even call them "cookie-cutter" rides. Every single Sitting coaster and Standing coaster has its own unique layout.

Yes they maybe cookie cutter elements just placed in different orders to make them seam original, but it you really take alook at all of them it's always the same inversion just in different orders. Maybe an airless hop through in or an banked speed turn they're rides always look so fimilar IMO.

Starry night Ripper looks like it was designed by a completely different company just using the B&M name, that ride has most unsee B&M elements and just a flair too it that it looks utterly amazing compared to anything B&M has done.

Then they come right back with same B&M boringness with X raptor wide drawn out elements, trim brakes, they tout a 90* turn as something new and amazing. Wooden coaster are doing 90* turns now a days lol that barrel roll looks like the most longest drawn out slow element ever created beside that stupid jo jo roll on hydra. if the train is longer then 5 cars the first drop is going to feel like a kiddy drop looks like it can't be no more than about 100 feet tall and not that steep. It the seat rotated like the zipper this ride still looks boring. YET LOOKS CAN BE DECIEVING AND THIS THING MAY KNOCK YOUR SOCKS OFF LOL

Edited by Gigalyte

I frickin' hate fanboys who bash before they ride, and given the location of X-Raptor, this'll be all this thread has for the majority of its posters.

Story time: I liked AIR. People don't. People look at it and say its boring, the elements aren't unique, its tiny. I got to Alton Towers all the way from Rochester, New York, and rode it. I LIKED IT.

There's a difference between speculation and just humoring yourself because you never thought you'd get to ride it. Please, please, please, please, just stop bashing on coasters whenever a shiny trim pops up or it looks like "the same old B&M boringness". They are possibly the best at what they do in the world. That means they are smart. Smarter than fanboys looking at some pixels on a monitor. I know that speculation is what keeps these discussions alive, but it makes me hate the winter months when I should be getting excited.

Sorry, I'm in a horrible mood, so please don't hold me too accountable for pissing anyone off. Just try to think if what you are posting will be productive at all to any discussion or not.

I frickin' hate fanboys who bash before they ride, and given the location of X-Raptor, this'll be all this thread has for the majority of its posters.

Story time: I liked AIR. People don't. People look at it and say its boring, the elements aren't unique, its tiny. I got to Alton Towers all the way from Rochester, New York, and rode it. I LIKED IT.

There's a difference between speculation and just humoring yourself because you never thought you'd get to ride it. Please, please, please, please, just stop bashing on coasters whenever a shiny trim pops up or it looks like "the same old B&M boringness". They are possibly the best at what they do in the world. That means they are smart. Smarter than fanboys looking at some pixels on a monitor. I know that speculation is what keeps these discussions alive, but it makes me hate the winter months when I should be getting excited.

Sorry, I'm in a horrible mood, so please don't hold me too accountable for pissing anyone off. Just try to think if what you are posting will be productive at all to any discussion or not.

^This.

Seriously, how could you all possibly judge this ride with so little information released, especially considering we haven't even seen trains or a P.O.V.

THIS.

I for one really like the "floaty" coasters.

Go ahead! Don't ride X-Raptor! That means there's one less person in line for when I go to ride it (if I ever get to go to ride it)!

^This.

Seriously, how could you all possibly judge this ride with so little information released, especially considering we haven't even seen trains or a P.O.V.

I would counter, how can you judge a ride without riding even if you have a POV and see the trains?

Yes they maybe cookie cutter elements just placed in different orders to make then seam original, but it you really take alook at all of then it's always the same inversion just in different orders. Maybe an airless hop through in or an banked speed turn they're rides always look so fimilar IMO.

Starry night Ripper looks like it was designed by a completely different company just using the B&M name, that ride has most unsee B&M elements and just a flair too it that it looks utterly amazing compared to anything B&M has done.

The they come right back with same B&M boringness with X raptor wide drawn out elements, trim brakes, they tout a 90* turn as something new and amazing. Wooden coaster are doing 90* turns now a days lol that barrel roll looks like the most longest drawn out slow element ever created beside that stupid jo jo roll on hydra. if the train is longer then 5 cars the first drop is going to feel like a kiddy drop looks like it can't be no more than about 100 feet tall and not that steep. It the seat rotated like the zipper this ride still looks boring. yet looks can be deceiving this thing just might know your socks off lol

This, exactly. Obviously when I said cookie cutter I didn't mean it's a clone...that would be stupid. Clones aren't all bad either...I'd ride Scream and B:TR before Silver Bullet and Hydra any day of the week.

I'm not bashing B&M at all, hell, Tatsu is one of my favorite rides hands down. It's also creative, forceful, and uses the terrain extremely well. This ride on the other hand looks completely forceless and floaty, and it wouldn't surprise me at all if it turned out that way. B&M is probably playing it safe with this one to test out the train design. Because thats what B&M does: plays it safe until another company does it right, then learn from their mistakes.

I would counter, how can you judge a ride without riding even if you have a POV and see the trains?

I wasn't claiming those would really change anything in the end. However, throwing out judgements is one thing, throwing out judgements without even a clue as to how the ride will run in practice is an entirely different level of assuming.

when I said cookie cutter I didn't mean clone either.

There is a difference between judging a ride before ever riding it and Bashing a ride before riding it imo I'm not bashing the ride at all, I keep saying looks can be deceiving and this thing can turn out amazing.

Bashing a ride before riding it or watching a pov is like formula Rossa like the comments made from the povs ...it has no airtime, it barely making it over the bunny hops, that launch had to be sped up, trim after the launch is going to ruin the ride, those turns look boring and force less. Imo that's bashing a ride just from a pov.

Anyways I can't wait to see the X-Raptor trains

If rumors are to be believed and this is indeed B&Ms first foray into the world of 4th Dimension coasters (eventually), am I the only one who seems them looking for a layout that works both as a "wing-rider" but also not crazy enough so that when things do start to move around, the forces aren't a terror?

This, exactly. Obviously when I said cookie cutter I didn't mean it's a clone...that would be stupid. Clones aren't all bad either...I'd ride Scream and B:TR before Silver Bullet and Hydra any day of the week.

I'm not bashing B&M at all, hell, Tatsu is one of my favorite rides hands down. It's also creative, forceful, and uses the terrain extremely well. This ride on the other hand looks completely forceless and floaty, and it wouldn't surprise me at all if it turned out that way. B&M is probably playing it safe with this one to test out the train design. Because thats what B&M does: plays it safe until another company does it right, then learn from their mistakes.

Another company? I'm sorry, but that's totally irrelevant. This is a first for B&M and for all we know this could have been in development for years. You can't say that B&M make mistakes, because quite simply, they never have. Look at Intamin. Mavericks roll was a cock up, big time and so many more of they're rides are silly and pointless. Furius Baco (They're Wingrider) is also stupid. It's extremely rough and the layout is pointless and boring.

This ride offers 3 inversions, including 2 that are unlike anything B&M have ever done before and yet you're saying they're playing it safe? What a load of rubbish. If they were playing it safe, the ride wouldn't even go upside down. They've obviously done a lot of computer simulations to gather all the data they need to make this product work first time. After all, if they cocked this up, then it's the companies reputation that suffers.

You go to any large park and they'd say to you they want B&M coasters. I wonder why...

This is a first for B&M and for all we know this could have been in development for years. You can't say that B&M make mistakes, because quite simply, they never have. Look at Intamin. Mavericks roll was a cock up, big time and so many more of they're rides are silly and pointless.

Ever ridden Maverick? It kicks the ass of any B&M I've ever ridden, roll or no roll. I admire that B&M has never made a mistake, but you really can't compare that to an innovative company like Intamin. If you actually come out with something new, ie, more than just a new kind of train, there are bound to be issues. And I've yet to ride an Intamin that is "silly and pointless", but those words are exactly what I would use to describe Silver Bullet. Talk about a ride with serious potential but is ruined by forcelessness and lack of any thrills whatsoever. Kinda says a lot when the Intamin a few hundred yards away from it is just a tophat and a few turns, yet its the best ride in the park.

This ride offers 3 inversions, including 2 that are unlike anything B&M have ever done before and yet you're saying they're playing it safe? What a load of rubbish.

Those inversions have all been done before, all they are doing is swapping trains.

If B&M manage to overcome the roughness that plagues ALL other "wing" type trains (X2, Furius Baco, Eejanaika, etc) I will be impressed. And it wouldn't surprise me if they could do it. Just look at how they improved on the Flyer concept.

Ever ridden Maverick? It kicks the A$$ of any B&M I've ever ridden...

Really now, Maverick? Good ride but it's not all that and if it were designed properly from the start it would not have needed to have it's roll removed. Same goes for the issues with 305. Either Intamin needs to get better computers to figure out what's going wrong with their designs to cause issues so bad that a entire sections of ride need to changed or maybe they need to stop by B&M and borrow their computers. I am not aware of any B&M ride that has had any track alterations after being built with the exception of adding trims. I will be excited to see if B&M can really pull this type of coaster off without any of the ride comfort issues that the other versions have.

^ I think this is more of an issue of the parks wanting to push the envelope with what the rides can do. Intimin is not making mistakes here, they have built several coasters that work just fine and dont need to be modified. When the ride opens, and the public is complaining about the ride (which the park asked Intimin to design) the park goes back to them and has them re-design it at their own expense.

In Mavericks case, its a bit different. Originally (supposedly) that ride was supposed to have a single car that navigated the course and would handle the track differently (Aqua Trax) and was designed with that car in mind. Cedar Fair wanted a higher capacity, so they changed the car to a train and redesigned the track to handle the new forces. Its a different issue then I305, and again was because of the park, not Intimin.

I totally understand your point but what I have an issue with is that Intamin seems to not be able to accurately calculate the forces for some of their designs. Even if the park(s) want the biggest or fasted or whatever there is always a way to design it properly so they work within certain force limits. You can't tell me that CF made the request for the train change an no one at Intamin took the time to run a few computer simulations to find out if it was going to work or not before the first section of track was ever placed on Mavericks supports. The same with 305. They should have known what kind of forces were going to be produce and designed the track to take care of the issue before it was ever built. Why would any park want to go through the issues and cost of their new big thing causing problems with riders by telling a coaster company to build them something that the general public can't physically handle? Somewhere in the design process (at least for Maverick and 305) the ball was dropped and nobody bothered to pick it up and see the potential problems that could have been avoided. My only real point was that with all the speed, twists, turns and loops that B&M puts into their rides they seem to have it nailed down as to how to make them ride-able without issue. Don't misunderstand I love Intamin rides but in the case of Maverick and 305, Intamin either messed up their calculations on forces or allowed a theme park to dictate what is acceptable when it comes to forces. In either case that is not a good thing.