TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Gardaland Discussion Thread

I don't know, maybe without the ankle restraints. If I ever get a chance to ride one of these, I'd like my legs to have some freedom.

I actually would rather have my legs in a fixed space and not trowed around like in X, it's kinda uncomfortable specially after the 2nd raven turn. But this is B&M so this coaster ought to be waaaaaaay smoother so you never know.....

It took me a while in that last photo posted to see that it was of the lift hill going up. Looks like a very gradual ascent to me. I'm really anxious to see the layout of this thing, and even more so to see what they do when they get to the point of testing a version with the rotating seats.

Yeah...I'm pretty sure the Italian Job coasters were supposed to include a "drifting" feature at one point, but it only come into life on Kings Island's. IIRC, the effect was so minimal that Paramount opted not to incorporate it into the two clones at KD and Canada's Wonderland, and stop using it at KI.

Has anyone else heard something similar?

From POV footage of KI's ride it appears to be exactly identical to KD's & CWL's.

I havn't played RCT3 in ages so can someone post a pic of the drifting coaster? I know what the splitting coaster looks like from the game though.

In regards to Italian Job, those trains were supposed to do a lot of things. I don't remember hearing about drifting (although it very well may have been a feature) but they were supposed to vibrate as if there were an engine onboard. They were even supposed to simulate the bumpiness of driving down the stairs in that spot. I don't think that ever worked.

Perhaps it's a 'Drifting Coaster'. The Drifting Coaster was featured on RCT3 Wild!

But it has inversions so it couldn't be a drifter. The track is black so I think it would look similar to Rock N Rollercoaster!

The drifting coaster is a pipe dream. So is the splitting coaster. Imagine what would really happen if the coaster drifted over to one side in a high speed turn and went WHACK. That would be painful.

The track's probably dark to blend in with the terrain.

Is the drifting coaster a dream? Because I feel like Premier has a prototype ready to go.

Aren't Tulireki at Linnanmaki and Reaper at Amsterdam Dungeon along the same lines, except my Mack?

They're both Mack "e-Motion" coasters. Please correct me if i'm wrong but it's my understanding that these coasters feature a slight "drift" along the corners.

http://www.rcdb.com/r.htm?ot=2&mo=8415

Well, I know they are supposed to drift, but honestly you don't feel it at all when riding . The "tilting" only results as painful banging from side to side making a very uncomfortable ride. But enough of ranting about Tulireki, let's get back to X-Raptor, which by the way is indeed an interesting project. Can't wait until the layout is revealed!

the trains will not have rotating seats, but this is going to be the first step for b&M making a 4d coaster. X-Raptor will most likely receive new trains later, when the 4D technology is complete.

Do you mean 4D as in the Intamin coasters where the seats spin freely, or like the S&S version with controlled spinning? Because if you meant the latter, that would also mean adding another set of rails to the track on top of new trains, and I doubt that would ever happen.

^Maybe B&M makes the spines bigger when they can't (or don't want to) put as many supports in. A similar concept to the double spined Intamin track perhaps.

I think its to ensure there is ample room for the rider's feet to hang down. From the concept art it looks as though the track rail is about level with the rider's shoulders, so their legs will hang down to about the level of the bottom of the track spine...

imgraptor.jpg