TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Gardaland Discussion Thread

The first piece of track has been placed inside the station today. You can see it from today's webcam image. There's also the lift engine sitting all alone in the middle of the clearance. This image hasn't been updated in a while so they might have placed it alreay.

I'll be at the park next Saturday for their Halloween opening weekend. I'll take some photos of the construction.

raptor.jpg.753a77f7e00f55e40c6ff3ff87c673d3.jpg

Here you can see what's going on!

I don't know if this has been asked already, but will the cars have two seats on each side or more than two? You'd think B&M would have experience with really wide trains.

As I wrote earlier yesterday at Gardaland was their first day of Magic Halloween so I went there to check out the construction progress. Since the last webcam update there was no change but I took some photos from different angles and here's what I have.

tpr001.jpg.4318e7e5ddc477aa38766a25e3c833c8.jpg

Before opening we took a small walk and from a side entrance we saw some nice B&M track pieces waiting to get placed.

tpr002.jpg.4cb0f544c411e496efa3e354d181dabd.jpg

More sexy B&M track waiting to find its place!

tpr003.jpg.002b687bfc898534e3d53b02fa518c36.jpg

This is the view from the Prezzemolo tree aka the tree with giant balls.

As you can see it's the same situation as the last webcam update. From here you could see the track piaces I've posted before but they were a bit too far.

tpr004.jpg.44ebff2bb22611728deebbd17d3d755e.jpg

I took a photo of this footer because this coaster will pass VERY close to Rio Bravo: the Western American themed area. There are some footers on the left bank of the small river on the left side of the street.

They will have to close this section of the park to finish the ride. I can't wait to see how it will interact with the midway.

tpr005.jpg.5e5ed603f000bcdb60f7cf21026764ef.jpg

Random Halloween theming!

tpr006.jpg.4c89f5b82a40dc727a17ea97ccb24a50.jpg

More track pieces are stored behind the Flying Island.

We decided to ride it to take some photos from above!

tpr007.jpg.b59a26bfcb2d0e356558b8156db78694.jpg

There are also some containers parked in this area. I wonder what's inside!

tpr008.jpg.918659ae628c070d0ae5f749f1d9bd59.jpg

I post another view of the tracks and supports because I really like those things!

tpr009.jpg.2a3c530db2baca8499558e3897c04419.jpg

Brakes! Lots of brakes!

tpr010.jpg.94032e14e5550f17302b3551e06753fb.jpg

This is probably the most interesting picture of this update.

The lift hill will start from there and it will go towards the Rio Bravo area.

Going that way they can use the terrain to create a bigger drop right next to the midway. Can't wait to see if it's true.

tpr011.jpg.d3ade0cae39cb753111b880068176c48.jpg

A close up of the brakes.

This is from the top of the Palablu where the Dolphins'show is.

I arrived when my friends where leaving so I just took a quick look and I left.

tpr012.jpg.d9985287e3705a2035cd396fd825cb6e.jpg

And this will be the inside of the station building!

tpr013.jpg.7628dec26b5e699fd6e2ca7a7002e42c.jpg

A random photo of Blue Tornado will close this update.

Perhaps it's a 'Drifting Coaster'. The Drifting Coaster was featured on RCT3 Wild!

But it has inversions so it couldn't be a drifter. The track is black so I think it would look similar to Rock N Rollercoaster!

The drifting coaster is a pipe dream. So is the splitting coaster. Imagine what would really happen if the coaster drifted over to one side in a high speed turn and went WHACK. That would be painful.

The track's probably dark to blend in with the terrain.

Perhaps it's a 'Drifting Coaster'. The Drifting Coaster was featured on RCT3 Wild!

But it has inversions so it couldn't be a drifter. The track is black so I think it would look similar to Rock N Rollercoaster!

The drifting coaster is a pipe dream. So is the splitting coaster. Imagine what would really happen if the coaster drifted over to one side in a high speed turn and went WHACK. That would be painful.

The track's probably dark to blend in with the terrain.

It could work however with hydraulics on the ride car which push the rear of the car out on corners, might be interesting

Yeah...I'm pretty sure the Italian Job coasters were supposed to include a "drifting" feature at one point, but it only come into life on Kings Island's. IIRC, the effect was so minimal that Paramount opted not to incorporate it into the two clones at KD and Canada's Wonderland, and stop using it at KI.

Has anyone else heard something similar?

Edited by DBru

^ & ^^ I'm not sure about the others (even though I've ridden them, haha), but I know for a fact that the one at Kings Island used to have a functioning drift feature because I rode it when it was working. It was barely noticeable, but it was there. I'm guessing that is why the cars sit on those platforms/boxes instead of directly on the track.