TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Gardaland Discussion Thread

If we are talking about a B&M design... seems logical to think that it will be a launched coaster (because if the ride is 30m heigh maximum, that can't give any speed to the train). I would think that the sistem is pretty equal as the one in Hulk. The Tire Propelled Launch

Looking at the heights of the Hulk coaster, it's 33,5 meters tall. Plus the announcement says that there will be some zero g elements, it won't be difficult to think that there are some zero g rolls in tle layout... even in the very end of the launch, as the Hulk coaster do.

Moreover, the rumours in Port Aventura about a new dive machine project (that now seems to be rejected) said that in the layout there was a big zero g roll. If we compare the "wing rider" coaster and the Dive machine car, the sensation of the passangers would be similar. So, I think that there will be some zero g rolls in the layout.

^^Also it becomes difficult for zero-g moments with trains that are twenty feet wide because when one side of the train is tilting up while the other side is going down, the lower side is being pulled out of the turn with some pretty intense laterals and verticals. So you couldn't go very fast through the element or have it have a very tight turn. My bet is a straight launch closer to the ground and throught one camel-back and one in-line twist.

If we are talking about a B&M design... seems logical to think that it will be a launched coaster (because if the ride is 30m heigh maximum, that can't give any speed to the train). I would think that the sistem is pretty equal as the one in Hulk. The Tire Propelled Launch...

No speed to the train? You do realize this ride has almost identical height and track length stats as B&M's inverted Batman The Ride, right?

I can't imagine Intamin would phone up B&M and say "Hey would you guys like our help and input in designing a rival coaster".

Why not? B&M phoned up Vekoma and asked for their help when they were designing their version of the flying coaster. Vekoma phoned up Arrow and asked them for help back in the day.

This kind of thing actually happens more often than you'd think.

--Robb

Those photos look like they are the north american manufacturing plant. I would doubt that B&M would get the track manufactured outside of Europe for a park that is in Northern Italy.

So this could even be another New B&M.

I like the idea of the original Mystery Yellow B&M Track, that might make sense, as B&M would have already made a mock up to test everything works I would have thought.

because if the ride is 30m heigh maximum, that can't give any speed to the train

30m is around 100ft! There's plenty of coasters with a height difference of that much without launches, including Batman: the Ride and Nemesis, Colossus etc

I doubt you could say these rides lack speed.

Those photos look like they are the north american manufacturing plant. I would doubt that B&M would get the track manufactured outside of Europe for a park that is in Northern Italy.

So this could even be another New B&M.

It may be cheaper to get it built in the US and ship given the cheapness of the dollar compared to the damned euro. Doubt it, but maybe.

^ Those rides lack speed. hmmm, apparently I can say that.

I think Nemesis and Batman feel faster than many coasters twice their height or more. Like, say, Millennium Force orrr Griffon. This thing could gain plenty of speed and give the illusion it's traveling even faster.

^Assuming it was you who the original quote was from, saying that the rides will lack speed, your later sarcasm doesn't matter. You're still saying something incorrect. Dunno if the original quote was you, though, just assumed. If it wasn't, why you replied in first person is beyond me.

B&M know's how to handle speed, I remember in an interview when Walter Bolliger stated that "humans don't perceive speed unless it changes" in a question about coaster speed. They really know how to do it, and the Batman clones are a great example of that.

B&M know's how to handle speed, I remember in an interview when Walter Bolliger stated that "humans don't perceive speed unless it changes" in a question about coaster speed. They really know how to do it, and the Batman clones are a great example of that.

What a fantastic quote! Link to the interview?