TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Gardaland Discussion Thread

The flyers can have great capacity...it is just up to the crew working. My 2009 trip to SFOG the crew when I rode SUF was stacking 1 out of every 4 or 5 cycles, and usually only for a few seconds. Same ride in 2008 was taking 2:30-3:00mins to load a train.

Stand-up coasters do change the ride experience, the reason they stopped building them is because their capacity sucks.

Huh? How do you figure the capacity on a B&M stand up is any different than a B&M floorless? If you want to talk capacity issues, then you should be finding fault with the flyers. RRv, Georgia Scorcher, & Chang all pretty much chew through the same amount of PPH that Scream, Kraken, and Hydra do. The flyers, even with the split station still seem to take way too long to dispatch trains. Now, I haven't been on Manta at Sea World yet, but I know that MM still struggles with capacity issues on Tatsu.

If this thing loads similar to Baco, then I foresee capacity probably being roughly the same as most B&M stand ups or floorless. If it loads from both sides like X, I foresee a handful of capacity issues. Time will tell as we get more details on the ride.

Guy "Regardless, I'm excited to see B&M moving in a new direction." Koepp

I have to disagree with this....

When I wen't to SFMM RR was loading and unloading slower than Goliath, Scream and even B:TR, this was mostly because of the passengers and not because of the crew.

Knowing Busch, one these will be heading to a Seaworld Entertainment Park. (Please BGW)

This is a very interesting ride. Can't wait to see it develop.

Also, does anybody think that B&M will use the regular B&M restraint or a newer, soft restraint?

'EDIT: Will this have a Water Splash?

Knowing Busch they'll probably get an exclusive "no US park can build one for x many years" contract like they did for the dive machines.

^^So whats the dissagreement? You said yourself that it wasn't an issue of operations but of GP fail. I know when Riddler has an awesome crew, and they are running 3 trains, that ride eats people up.

^^^Honestly, of the 3 flyers that I have been on, I have never seen them not stack trains. It just seems to me because the nature of the technology is much more sophisticated they take an infinitely longer time to load, unload, and dispatch.

Guy "That's just my observation." Koepp

If this thing loads similar to Baco, then I foresee capacity probably being roughly the same as most B&M stand ups or floorless. If it loads from both sides like X, I foresee a handful of capacity issues.

Guy, for those of us who are out-of-the-loop, will you please describe the differences in these loading procedures? (Specifically...how does Furious Baco load?)

I can expect intamin to be involved in the building/designing of the ride since they're wing-rider is exactly the same idea and there zac-spin, if they want the seats to rotate. Maybe they were the ones who suggested to use that type of restraints cause it may work better than the "hard" restraints.

Yeah, I doubt that...

If this thing loads similar to Baco, then I foresee capacity probably being roughly the same as most B&M stand ups or floorless. If it loads from both sides like X, I foresee a handful of capacity issues.

Guy, for those of us who are out-of-the-loop, will you please describe the differences in these loading procedures? (Specifically...how does Furious Baco load?)

Furius Baco loads from one side. people can wak between the coaches, since there are small platforms at every coach which exactly fit between both sides of the platform.

^ I enjoyed the floorless coaster I rode... I didn't think it was gimmicky at all. Nor the stand-ups. Gravity Max, now THAT is a gimmick...

Actually Gravity Max is a very cool ride.. a bit short but was fun and smooth and ya got a drop tower to kick it all off !! I'd still rather ride a floorless than a standard train given the choice..

The New B&M looks a whole lot of fun to me and as it IS a B&M it should be a pretty solid ride.. It is a prototype so it's not gonna have all the bell's a whistle's that we may see a few years down the line once they've proved the concept works.. Just look at Oblivion and G5, they have a drop and a banked turn then brakes.... a few years down the line and we have Shiekra, Griffon and the one in china that do alot more..

Do you think they could get it up and running in the next 4 weeks cos thats when I'll be visiting Gardaland !

I am a bit confussed here, what do Busch have to do with this ride? The park is owed by Merlin and many are expecting the same concept to be installed at Thorpe as well for 2012.

Busch has always traditionally stuck with B&M because of their reliability. Because B&M has pretty much run out of new options for the Busch parks to install, it's very likely that Busch will be the first US chain to pick one of these up.

Now with Blackstone investing some money into the chain, there may be a difference.

Ok I see what you mean, but Blackstone own Merlin who own this park that is what I meant.

Merlin do not seem to stick to just one company so I think in parks like Sea World and Busch there will be more of a mix going forward.

Some people were saying though because this new type of coaster is being built at this park they probably would not see it at a Busch part due to rights etc. What I was trying to say was all the parks such as Sea World, Busch, Alton, Thorpe and this park are actually all owned by the same group of people. I would fully expect to see this new type of coaster at Thorpe and a park in the USA within the next few years.

I do not know if I am making myself clear or not lol, I am not the best at explaining myself

Furius Baco loads from one side. people can wak between the coaches, since there are small platforms at every coach which exactly fit between both sides of the platform.

What he said.

Stand-up coasters do change the ride experience, the reason they stopped building them is because their capacity sucks.

Huh? How do you figure the capacity on a B&M stand up is any different than a B&M floorless? If you want to talk capacity issues, then you should be finding fault with the flyers. RRv, Georgia Scorcher, & Chang all pretty much chew through the same amount of PPH that Scream, Kraken, and Hydra do. The flyers, even with the split station still seem to take way too long to dispatch trains. Now, I haven't been on Manta at Sea World yet, but I know that MM still struggles with capacity issues on Tatsu.

If this thing loads similar to Baco, then I foresee capacity probably being roughly the same as most B&M stand ups or floorless. If it loads from both sides like X, I foresee a handful of capacity issues. Time will tell as we get more details on the ride.

Guy "Regardless, I'm excited to see B&M moving in a new direction." Koepp

Yeah but many of the flyers are in SF parks & we all know how horrid their capacity can be no matter what type of coaster we're riding....granted the throughput on Dominator has left something to be desired this season so far.

That original image is just an official photoshop of some cgi B&M track and furious baco - you can tell by the restraints on the seats.

Exactly. But that's fine. This is just concept art, and sometimes when you are conceptualizing out something you need to pull source images from somewhere. I do not think they would have released this image unless they felt it was a fairly accurate representation of what they think the ride will look like.

Just pointing that out there there because there have already been a few posts I've had to delete regarding the use of a Baco image incorporated with this artwork.

I've had to remind people - THE RIDE ISN'T BUILT YET!!! OBVIOUSLY THEY NEED TO CREATE THEIR CONCEPT IMAGE FROM OTHER SOURCES!!!

--Robb

But Robb...how are we theme park "fans" to criticize the ride and manufacturer before a single footer is poured?!?

B&M as of late has not been at the forefront in terms of innovation (Dive coaster exception) - they've followed an interesting business plan...let others develop the concept at high R&D cost, then they swoop in to refine the product into the reliability and capacity of a B&M: (Flying Coaster, Hyper Coaster, this thing)

Forgive me if I"m wrong, but didn't B&M have a hand in re-engineering X2's trains to be lighter and stronger?

If B&M is serious about a true 4d concept, you can bet it won't be announced and/or built until Walter and Claude have perfected it.

B&M is known not to release anything unless they have it down to a science. That is exactly why B&M's are much more reliable, smooth, and expensive than other coasters. I'm sure this 'prototype' isn't one at all. I think this is more-a-less a 1st public test. And it will be a success. I think Hank Salemi put it great when he said, "A B&M Coaster is like the Mercedes or Cadillac of cars. They have a reputation for reliability."

B&M is actually one of the youngest coaster manufacturers around. est.1990 (Iron Wolf <3)

B&Ms are high capacity, period. Even their flyers are far more efficient than Vekoma's version. I won't even mention TOGO stand ups. Oh wait, I just did. Anyway, I love B&M and am excided for the new model.

^ That's also how they stay competitive. B&M can observe mistakes made by the pioneer company and perfect it to present and idea with great reliability that makes a great long term investment.

I'm a B&M fanboy until the end of time.

I.E. Stealth at (then) Paramount's Great America.

I can expect intamin to be involved in the building/designing of the ride since they're wing-rider is exactly the same idea and there zac-spin, if they want the seats to rotate. Maybe they were the ones who suggested to use that type of restraints cause it may work better than the "hard" restraints.

I can't imagine Intamin would phone up B&M and say "Hey would you guys like our help and input in designing a rival coaster". I'm sure B&M have enough expertise to design a ride like this without having to sub contract the work to Intamin. Having ridden Baco it does have hard restraints. I'd far rather have B&M's "hard" restraints than Intamins. Now if it was vest style like Tornado I'd want Intamin to advise B&M.

Ok I see what you mean, but Blackstone own Merlin who own this park that is what I meant.

Not as much as they use to. Blackstone have reduced their ownership to 34%. DIC sold off all their shares and another company, CVC Partners, now has 28% in Merlin. The rest of Merlin is owned by the Lego family and management.