TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Gardaland Discussion Thread

I can't believe this ride has OTSRS. OTSRs always make any ride worse.

What? B&M is doing a wing-walker prototype? I bet it will be as forceless as all the other new B&Ms being built.

No rings? No heartline roll lift hill? I'm already disappointed. They better include seating for service animals.

If I remember correctly from reading on some other forums and mentions from friends in the business....

...The gardaland Prototype will feature modified Dive Coaster Trains - IE Take out the middle seats and lower the end seats.

In the mean time they will be tackling the possiblity of rotating seats which is what we may see over here at Thorpe in 2012.

What? B&M is doing a wing-walker prototype? I bet it will be as forceless as all the other new B&Ms being built.

No ringy dingy ding-a-ling dings? No heartline roll lift hill? I'm already disappointed. They better include seating for service animals.

OTSRs are not that bad, not everything can have a lap bar you know. And.....your are calling B&M rides forceless!? You seem to have strange expectations for this ride....but thats my opinion.

The rendering shows intamin restraints...

It's probably just the artists error though.

Not an error, just a a really lazy Photoshop job!

Went to RCDB and found the below:

p19980.jpg.35104082df6ee1f303c4780650d9fde7.jpg

Image of Furius Baco...

flipped.jpg.e548ad17287c4d3e9570867b66b38a4e.jpg

The same image flipped vertically. Hmmmm....those people on the left sure do look familiar...

imgraptor.jpg.8fd5c656b285efec4ebf4ee516bbccc9.jpg

Yup! There they are! In fact, EVERY row is a copy of the same people from the Baco image. Gardaland's graphic designers are top notch copiers! Wonder if Canobie Fan is gonna get compensation for them using his source image...

Edited by Wes

B&Ms do tend to start smooth and decline over time.

Really? Which ones? Because I've ridden most of the B&Ms in the world and I can only think of a handful that are rough or have gotten rough over the years.

Case in point, we just rode Nemesis, built 16 years ago, Katun, built 10 years ago, Nemesis Inferno, built 7 years ago, and Black Mamba, built 4 years ago, and they were all equally as smooth as each other.

I don't know. Maybe its just me, but it seems that B&Ms are either super smooth or super rattly. For instance SCREAM at SFMM is a lot rougher than it used to be (in my opinion), and also some newer ones like Dominator (also in my opinion). Maybe its just me...

^I'm not sure what's wrong with Scream, but though it doesn't "hurt", it has a very bad rattle. Yet if you ride Batman, smooth the whole way. Riddlers and Tatsu have a bit of jiggle, but Scream is as shaky as a vuvuzela is annoying

For the new ride, it actuality looks pretty cool. Siting in what I would image to be B&M flyer seats (which are comfy and easy to load and check), the "4D" coaster seems like it would be...fun.

No ringy dingy ding-a-ling dings? No heartline roll lift hill? I'm already disappointed. They better include seating for service animals.

OTSRs are not that bad, not everything can have a lap bar you know. And.....your are calling B&M rides forceless!? You seem to have strange expectations for this ride....but thats my opinion.

Trolling people on TPR is about as fun as trolling people on Omegle.

EDIT: On second thought... Gardaland is spoiled because they get a B&M prototype while SFA gets the shaft.

Edited by netdvn

I'm excited! Maybe I should start saving money and head out to England whenever this thing opens. Oh wait, nevermind...it's in Italy. Sorry Italians but I will eventually get to Italy when I'm 50.

Serious note, they are testing the trains in my back yard!

Jimmy "Arizona is hot!" Bo

Sure, this concept is cool and everything, but I fear that it's going to become a "gimmick" coaster like B&M stand-up coasters and floorless coasters.

The flyer, hyper, diving machine, and sitdown have all had new installations in the past three years.

However, the floorless hasn't had a new installation since 2005 (Hydra the Revenge), and the stand-up hasn't had a new installation since 1999 (Georgia Scorcher)!

I guess I can't make too heavy of a prediction though - the diving machine made a "comeback" when BGA introduced SheiKra. I just don't want to see B&M put all that work into the new coaster and it end up only installing two or three examples in ten years.

^Gimmicks are only really gimmicks when they can't hold up the ride. Like no one really considers hypers gimmicks because what they do enhances the ride experience. The reason some people think floorless coasters and stand ups are gimmicks is that they really don't change the ride experience at all. In cases like that, the ride's gimmick is entirely for advertising and not enhanced experience, therefore making it lame to enthusiasts.

^Gimmicks are only really gimmicks when they can't hold up the ride. Like no one really considers hypers gimmicks because what they do enhances the ride experience. The reason some people think floorless coasters and stand ups are gimmicks is that they really don't change the ride experience at all. In cases like that, the ride's gimmick is entirely for advertising and not enhanced experience, therefore making it lame to enthusiasts.

I agree with this guy. Hypers aren't gimmicks. Floorless coasters are as gimmicky as it gets....pointless!

My post wasn't to state what ride types are gimmicks (although I do believe floorless coasters and stand ups are gimmicks as they'd feel pretty much the same if they were just a standard sit down train [once again, that's MY opinion]), it was to describe what I personally define as a gimmick. If this ride feels just like a standard B&M, then yeah, it's a gimmick, but I find that hanging off the side of a train enhances the experience. So I don't think I would find this ride as gimmicky. Wow, I think I just set the record for most uses of the word "gimmick" in a post!

Stand-up coasters do change the ride experience, the reason they stopped building them is because their capacity sucks.

Huh? How do you figure the capacity on a B&M stand up is any different than a B&M floorless? If you want to talk capacity issues, then you should be finding fault with the flyers. RRv, Georgia Scorcher, & Chang all pretty much chew through the same amount of PPH that Scream, Kraken, and Hydra do. The flyers, even with the split station still seem to take way too long to dispatch trains. Now, I haven't been on Manta at Sea World yet, but I know that MM still struggles with capacity issues on Tatsu.

If this thing loads similar to Baco, then I foresee capacity probably being roughly the same as most B&M stand ups or floorless. If it loads from both sides like X, I foresee a handful of capacity issues. Time will tell as we get more details on the ride.

Guy "Regardless, I'm excited to see B&M moving in a new direction." Koepp