TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Gardaland Discussion Thread

It will probably be a lot smoother than S&S 4D's, even the Intamin Wingrider's.

At least for the first few years or so. B&Ms do tend to start smooth and decline over time. I'm pretty excited to see how this one turns out. I agree with SoCalCoasters about the overall layout and I hope to see a couple of flat spins as well

B&Ms do tend to start smooth and decline over time.

Really? Which ones? Because I've ridden most of the B&Ms in the world and I can only think of a handful that are rough or have gotten rough over the years.

Case in point, we just rode Nemesis, built 16 years ago, Katun, built 10 years ago, Nemesis Inferno, built 7 years ago, and Black Mamba, built 4 years ago, and they were all equally as smooth as each other.

If anything, some of the newer B&Ms are actually rougher. SFNE's Batman and Dorney's Hydra have much more rattle than Great Adventure's Bizarro or Sea World's Kraken. And Raptor was smooth as glass last summer.

And maybe it's just me, but B&M's standard restraint is pretty much amazing as far as an OTSR goes. Though the ones they use on the flyers are pretty good, too. Vekoma's Battlestar Galactica seemed to be pretty good before it imploded.

Edited by willh51

It will probably be a lot smoother than S&S 4D's

There is no 'probably' when it comes to being smoother than an S&S 4D. Anything is smoother.

Even a Vekoma SLC made entirely out of wood with concrete restraints, would 'probably' be a lot smoother than an S&S 4D...

WOW! The last 4 rows don't even have SEATS! What is B&M thinking with this type of ride?????

But seriously, this does look intriguing. I'm curious as to what the final product will look like (and what type of ride it delivers). I love how B&M waits to perfect ride concepts instead of throwing them out there to see if they will work.

Perhaps drive to Italy next year. I am curious to see how B&M will solve this difficult system. Arrow/S&S didn't manage to make it work smoothly/reliable...

Vekoma is trying it out:

Vekoma actually invented this sort of seating (and flying!) before B&M started using it. Vekoma was fist, B&M used the idea and created another technique around it (I believe there need to be something like 3 differences in terms of technique)

Edited by TPDave

...but that in the end the goal is to have spinning seats similar to X. Very anxious to see how B&M will handle that concept.

+

I've also heard that the ride will kill puppies and grandmothers.

=

X3, already in the making.

^

Exactly. But that's fine. This is just concept art, and sometimes when you are conceptualizing out something you need to pull source images from somewhere. I do not think they would have released this image unless they felt it was a fairly accurate representation of what they think the ride will look like.

Just pointing that out there there because there have already been a few posts I've had to delete regarding the use of a Baco image incorporated with this artwork.

I've had to remind people - THE RIDE ISN'T BUILT YET!!! OBVIOUSLY THEY NEED TO CREATE THEIR CONCEPT IMAGE FROM OTHER SOURCES!!!

--Robb

In regards to the lift/launch, I'm actually seeing something more like a Maverick-style launch/lift hill kinda thing. But only B&M and Gardaland truly know...

Essentially, couldn't the same concept for their dive coasters be used in this instance... just remove the middle 6 seats and lower the outside 4 seats?

I know that it isn't that simple, but the 'smooth' factor should be similar.

The real questions will come if the seats rotate.

I don't think you can compare the smoothness of riding outside seats on a dive machine to what this will feel like because the DM train will be a hell of a lot stiffer than these ones. You'll probably feel vibrations a lot more but being a B&M it should be smoother than the S&S attempts (and hopefully smoother than the wing walker trains too!)

Dave

I can expect intamin to be involved in the building/designing of the ride since they're wing-rider is exactly the same idea and there zac-spin, if they want the seats to rotate. Maybe they were the ones who suggested to use that type of restraints cause it may work better than the "hard" restraints.