TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Gardaland Discussion Thread

That looks pretty cool, and, since we haven't seen much in the way of new stuff from B&M since 2002, a welcome announcement. Even if the seats don't spin, it would seem that this style train could be used to great effect with some near-misses on a highly themed ride. If I had to wager, this won't be launched since B&M didn't even design the Hulk launch system. I am, however, pretty excited about what B&M will do with this. I can imagine a glass smooth (or Hydra-rattly) ride with rotating seats gliding through some nice big Immelmans.

It's been awhile since Carowinds and Kings Dominion got a new ride, I'd say we'll take one.

Supposedly, this thing is gonna have restraints.....and possibly trims. Discuss.

UGH. Those restraints look horrible. Almost as bad as Intimidator. Why must EVERY good coaster (because this has already been built) be butchered with OSTR's?!??!111? Snarf snarf.

Supposedly, this thing is gonna have restraints.....and possibly trims. Discuss.

UGH. Those restraints look horrible. Almost as bad as Intimidator. Why must EVERY good coaster (because this has already been built) be butchered with OSTR's?!??!111? Snarf snarf.

Don't people understand that this is CONCEPT ART. Its obviously photoshopped with a picture of Furius Baco...

I never thought this would be in B&M's market for this kind of ride, but I'm sure they will find a way to make it great. (Unless this becomes B&M's first failure... I really don't want it to be )

Don't people understand that this is CONCEPT ART. Its obviously photoshopped with a picture of Furius Baco...

I never thought this would be in B&M's market for this kind of ride, but I'm sure they will find a way to make it great. (Unless this becomes B&M's first failure... I really don't want it to be )

*Facepalm*

This looks like a great coaster. CP 2012 anyone?

^^

As a big fan of B&M's coasters, this is fantastic news to me! I'm intrigued to see more about it, including the coaster's layout. I'm wondering, if this is successful for B&M, what U.S. park might take the plunge first to snag one of these things?

I doubt B&M will go for the traditional lift for this ride. I believe the ride will start underground, go though some kind of show room/ dark ride section followed by a launch to the surface. The two elements that create zero g's will most likely be air time hills . After the launch, the ride would go over the first air time hill followed by several curves and then the second air time hill several more curves and perhaps a helix or inversion (this is B&M after all) and then would dive underground and hit the brake run. I'm just speculating...but knowing B&M it will end up something like this.

Knowing Busch, one these will be heading to a Seaworld Entertainment Park. (Please BGW)

This is a very interesting ride. Can't wait to see it develop.

Also, does anybody think that B&M will use the regular B&M restraint or a newer, soft restraint?

'EDIT: Will this have a Water Splash?

^^ I think we can expect something B&M-y but also with some new elements. They have never tried tackling anything near this, and if I were them I would put some cool elements in the really make it stand out from the WingRiders and the Arrow 4th dim.

^I'm guessing it could have new restraints, but I'm not counting on it.

Knowing Busch, one these will be heading to a Seaworld Entertainment Park. (Please BGW)

Also, does anybody think that B&M will use the regular B&M restraint or a newer, soft restraint?

Heck, if any sea world park needs a coaster its Sea World San Diego.

For this ride i'm guessing they'll have a new style of OTSRs that are smaller like Baco.

I doubt there will be a water splash because of the seating style.

Why would they change the current restraints?

It's entirely possible they will have some kind of Manta style water feature, but given the train type I would have thought it would be very difficult to make a scoop (like Griffon or Dominator) work well.

Dave

Don't people understand that this is CONCEPT ART.

What...WHAT...WHAT???

You mean that's not an actual picture of a finished ride!?!?!

SHENANIGANS!!!!!!

I've also heard that the ride will kill puppies and grandmothers.

On a more serious note, I actually had a MUCH better visit to Italy this time than in 2005 so I also look forward to a return for the new ride and some more water jump love over at Aqua Studios!