TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Gardaland Discussion Thread

I found this nice video from TPW not only about oblivion but also about all major Gardaland attractions

Unfortunately he miss to say that this year oblivion is not the only new attraction, gardaland also made an expansion to its playground area, calling it "Prezzemolo Magic Village"

Later i'll post here some pictures

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

thanks, so it looks like a season pass makes more sense than 2 days plus parking. I'll be visiting on monday/tuesday 20-21 april. any ideas as to what queues will be like? Does the 72€ give you fastrack for the whole season or is it just one day only? trying to decide between the 62€ and 72€ pass.

also does being a passholder offer any benefits for other merlin attractions?

thanks, so it looks like a season pass makes more sense than 2 days plus parking. I'll be visiting on monday/tuesday 20-21 april. any ideas as to what queues will be like? Does the 72€ give you fastrack for the whole season or is it just one day only? trying to decide between the 62€ and 72€ pass.

also does being a passholder offer any benefits for other merlin attractions?

Yes season pass i think is better than 2 days ticket..

https://abbonamenti.gardaland.it/gardaland/b2c/index.cfm/

Price is similar but with season pass you got more.. I find quite useful Pizza menù (6,50€ pizza+nachos+0.5 lit beverage)

I know there are some vouchers for Gardaland winter opening and Gardaland sea life acquarium (~5min by foot from the park) but i don't know if there's something related to other merlin's

Both 62€ and 72€ season pass fastrack are referred to the whole season

62€ incudes 10 fastrack to use where/when you want over the season

72€ includes unlimited fastrack over the season but you have to choose between "Family Free" or "Adrenaline Free"

20-21 April.. It's monday and tuesday, i think you will find few people in the park...

I mean... this picture was taken last monday, march 30:

11080904_857744407616500_693341695863511373_n.jpg?oh=d385fd790079894fc09c7124cdcefe8d&oe=55B5228E&__gda__=1437983411_664484194d1558f90aaf2d9510ccb7cc

Imho 72€ season pass is good only if you consider visit again Gardaland this season (Magic Halloween Opening is awesome )

That's because those 2 days in april i think you probably won't even need to use your 10 fastracks included in 62€ season pass

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Blue Tornado, Magic Mountain and Mammoth (all Vekoma rides) are all currently running with only one train on the track. Maybe it has something to do with the accident on Smiler at Alton Towers.

Blue Tornado, Magic Mountain and Mammoth (all Vekoma rides) are all currently running with only one train on the track. Maybe it has something to do with the accident on Smiler at Alton Towers.

But I thought that this only applied to coasters with more than 2 trains. I would understand with Oblivion, Sequoia and Mammoth, but Magic Mountain and Blue Tornado both run max. 2 trains...

^They may have been expecting a slow day. One train on the Corkscrew and SLC isn't really a big deal, and is pretty common at a lot of parks. I doubt Merlin would run all their rides with one train, especially those made by another manufacturer, because of the Smiler incident.

No, the queues are up to 100minutes because of the one trail policy. This is the post from Gardaland Fan Page

CONSIDERAZIONI IMPORTANTI E INFORMAZIONI SUL REGIME RIDOTTO DI ALCUNE ATTRAZIONI!

La settimana appena trascorsa è stata piuttosto impegnativa per tutti, in quanto sono accaduti diversi fatti, riguardanti il Parco e non solo. Primo tra tutti l'incidente avvenuto sull'attrazione "The Smiler" nel parco divertimenti "Alton Towers", situato a nord dell'Inghilterra e sempre di proprietà della "Merlin Entertainments". Il bilancio è di 4 feriti gravi, il Parco è rimasto chiuso per qualche giorno, ora è parzialmente aperto ma sono in corso ovviamente indagini sull'accaduto. Nel frattempo "Merlin Entertainments" ha chiuso per il momento altri 3 coaster in altri parchi di sua proprietà, in quanto sono stati individuati una serie di protocolli di sicurezza aggiuntivi che vanno attuati immediatamente nei coaster con più treni. Nei giorni dopo l'incidente qualcosa si è mosso anche all'interno del nostro Parco, molti di voi ci hanno infatti fatto notare che in diverse attrazioni è in funzione un solo treno. Abbiamo chiesto oggi informazioni al Parco e ci è stata prontamente fornita la seguente risposta: "la predisposizione dei treni per ciascuna attrazione segue una pianificazione interna, subordinata a disposizioni aziendali direttamente correlate a necessità manutentive sopravvenute e che richiedono ulteriori controlli ai vagoncini di supporto". Collegando tutte le informazioni è facile pensare che la motivazione risieda nel fatto che sia necessario implementare questi nuovi protocolli di sicurezza anche nelle nostre attrazioni con più treni. Questo non significa che fino ad ora le attrazioni non siano state sicure, attenzione a non capire una cosa per un'altra o a giungere a conclusioni affrettate (come purtroppo ultimamente sta accadendo piuttosto spesso da parte di alcuni fans, ma faremo chiarezza anche su questo punto in un altro momento), significa che quello che è accaduto a "The Smiler" ha probabilmente portato "Merlin Entertainments" ad elevare ulteriormente la sicurezza all'interno dei propri Parchi. A Gardaland sono avvenuti incidenti in passato, nessuno lo nega e lo sappiamo bene tutti, ma non si sono mai schiantati i treni uno con l'altro, per cui è facile pensare che si tratti di un ulteriore misura preventiva considerato quello che è accaduto in Inghilterra. Il fatto che a volte alcune attrazioni si blocchino è proprio sinonimo di sicurezza ad alti livelli e non c'è da stupirsi se qualche volta accade che un'attrazione è momentamente chiusa o un treno si blocca, in un'intera stagione accade sempre qualcosa di questo tipo, semplicemente ora se ne parla maggiormente, noi stessi spesso evidenziamo eventuali blocchi, ma siamo anche i primi a cercare di farvi capire che è tutto nella norma nel momento in cui avviene occasionalmente e non accadono incidenti. Può infastidire non vedere un'attrazione non disponibile in un giorno di visita al Parco, ma la sicurezza deve arrivare prima di tutto, si tratta di macchine e le macchine necessitano di manutenzione. Ci auguriamo tutti che le nuove misure di sicurezza vengano implementate rapidamente, in modo da rivedere in funzione tutti i treni il prima possibile, soprattutto ora che ci stiamo avvicinando al "Night is Magic".

which translates to (Google Translate):

IMPORTANT CONSIDERATIONS AND INFORMATION SYSTEM OF SOME ATTRACTIONS REDUCED!

The past week has been quite challenging for everyone, as it occurred several facts concerning the Park and beyond. First and foremost, the incident occurred on the attraction "The Smiler" in the amusement park "Alton Towers", located in the north of England and also owned by "Merlin Entertainments." The budget is 4 serious injuries, the park was closed for a few days, is now partially open but they are obviously going investigations into the incident. Meanwhile "Merlin Entertainments" closed for the moment 3 other coaster in other parks it owns, as they have been identified a number of additional security protocols that must be implemented immediately in the coaster with more trains. In the days after the accident, something moved even within our park, many of you have pointed out that in fact different attractions is running only one train. We asked today about the Park and we were promptly provided the following response: "the preparation of trains for each attraction following an internal planning, subject to corporate provisions directly related to maintenance needs have arisen which require additional controls to support wagons". By connecting all the information is easy to think that the motivation lies in the fact that it is necessary to implement these new security protocols also in our sights with more trains. This does not mean that until now the attractions were not safe, careful not to understand one thing to another, or to jump to conclusions (as unfortunately is happening quite often lately by some fans, but we will clear on this point at another time), means that what happened to "The Smiler" has probably led "Merlin Entertainments" to further increase security within their parks. A Gardaland incidents occurred in the past, no one denies it and we know it all, but they never crashed trains with each other, so it is easy to think that this is an additional preventive measure considered what happened in England. The fact that sometimes some attractions from locking is synonymous with high levels of security and it's no wonder that sometimes happens that an attraction is closed momentamente or train crashes, in a season is always something happening this, just now talked about more, we ourselves often highlight any blockages, but we are also the first to try to make you understand that everything is normal in the occurrence and occasionally accidents do not happen. It may not bother to see an attraction not available on a day visit to the Park, but security has to come first of all, it's machines and the machines need maintenance. We all hope that the new security measures are implemented quickly, in order to review all trains in operation as soon as possible, especially now that we are approaching the "Night is Magic".

• 3 months later...

http://www.traveldailynews.com/news/article/67918/gardaland-adventure-hotel-ndash-new

Gardaland Adventure Hotel – New addition of 2016

Gardaland announces an important project for 2016: the building of a second, wholly themed hotel that will expand the offer of the Resort and will join the existing Gardaland Hotel as a new structure for hospitality and catering.

It is a pretty hefty investment: an impressive 25 million Euro for the new Gardaland Adventure Hotel, commissioned by Gardaland - part of the Merlin Entertainments International Group – to welcome guests starting from June 2016.

The new structure will be made of two different pavilions: the first one will be completely devoted to rooms while the second one will house the restaurant along with other rooms. The two buildings will be accompanied by a structure boasting great scenic impact, made to serve as a reception. In the new Hotel every room will be themed, with settings that will be inspired by the different worlds of adventure present inside the Park. There will be 100 very spacious rooms, inspired by four different themes, to keep experiencing at Gardaland Adventure Hotel the emotion of an unforgettable adventure also during relax hours: from the jungle to the wild west, from the arctic, among ice and mammoths, to Arabian atmospheres that look out of “One thousand and one nights”. Jungle Adventure, Wild West Adventure, Arctic Adventure and Arabian Adventure: names chosen in reference to the themes developed inside the rooms, promising all-round explorations within the “adventure” paths of the Park and beyond!

A really special experience will be offered by the setting of the restaurant, which will have a unique and original “taste”, with walls and columns narrating the history of Ancient Egypt. Evocative right from the name, the Tutankhamon Restaurant will offer its Guests the opportunity to dine among the ruins of an old temple, immersed in a captivating Egyptian adventure that will accompany them throughout the dinner.

Gardaland Adventure Hotel is truly a very important project, born from the need to welcome the increasing number of tourists – both Italian and foreign - who choose Gardaland and the Garda Lake area as a destination for short holidays or for a long weekend. “Day-long visits still represent 70% of the entries to the Park, but our desire is to become a touristic destination for short stays, increasing the number of hotel bookings” affirms Aldo Maria Vigevani, Amministratore Delegato (CEO) of Gardaland - “And for this reason we have decided to expand our hotel offer with new accommodation, with the aim of intercepting new public”.

“The current size of the Park and of Gardaland SEA LIFE Aquarium, the fantastic experiences that the whole Resort offers” continues Aldo Maria Vigevani “are an open invitation to stay for a few days in an area that also offers mild climate and a relaxing natural scenery.”

The Garda Lake is indeed one of the only tourist destinations in Italy to have registered, in the last few years, continuous growth, reaching approximately 4.5 million presences; the Italian tourist market sees the Garda Lake as its favourite destination for long weekends. 70% of stays at the Garda Lake is represented by foreign tourists, who spend in this area medium-to-long holidays. In the past few years visits from abroad have increased to the point that 30% of Guests come from overseas. The biggest contingents come from Germany, the Netherlands, Switzerland and England, but several are the visitors arriving from Belgium, Denmark, Ireland, Slovenia, Croatia, Russia and Israel.

And to support this big influx of arrivals from abroad, Gardaland Resort is developing new collaborations with the main Tour Operators of the various European Countries; this makes it possible to be present in most travel agencies across the border, presented as the number 1 destination for amusement in Italy.

“Gardaland is not just Italy’s number 1 Theme Park but also one of the greatest Amusements Parks in Europe and one of the most important structures of the Merlin Entertainments Group; we strongly believe in the potential that Gardaland Resort offers both to the Italian and foreign market”, concludes Aldo Maria Vigevani.

Gardaland – celebrating its 40 years this past 19th of July – has welcomed 80 million visitors since 1975. The Park was recently reconfirmed at the top of the 2015 Traveller’s Choice Awards ranking, the prize awarded by Tripadvisor – the greatest travel website in the world – to the most popular locations among its users. Gardaland ranked first among Amusement Parks in Italy and 5th in Europe.

• 3 months later...

Quite a shock they go with this kind of ride. So I had to do some research to believe it.

This is what I heard, keep in mind this is based on a rumor:

So with Thorpe park getting a Darkride in 2016 Gardaland isn't due until 2017. So this coaster is nothing more then a quick replacement ride.

^Heide park and Chessington are the two Merlin parks listed as getting a serious investment in 2017, not Gardaland. Alton Towers were originally listed for 2017, but it was changed to Heide after the Smiler accident.

I've heard about Alton Towers plans being changed but this is the first I've heard about Heide Park. Any details on what the big investment will be?