TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World Questions

I had a few questions before my trip tomorrow to Holiday World

1. Is it true that the red train is rougher than the blue train on Voyage?

2. Should I go to the waterpark when it opens at 10:30?

3. Is Raven and Legend rough rides?

4. What rides to do in what order?

5. How long of a drive from Nashville?

6. Where are the lockers in the parks?

7. Can you bring loose articles on the rides and store them in containers or do you have to put in lockers?

8. Any other tips

THANKS

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Not sure.

2. Might not be a bad idea. You can get in there before it gets too busy. When it does get busy, you can then leave and go to the dry park and the lines aren't as bad.

3. I wouldn't say rough. Legend does have a lot of laterals.

4. If you get there early and are by the rope, I would hit up Raven first. It gets a line pretty quick being the first coaster you come across. If not it might not be a bad idea to hit up Voyage first as it is in the back of the park and work your way to the front.

5. Google maps is your friend.

6. There are lo.ckers at the front of the park and in the waterpark. You can rent your waterpark lo.cker at the rental station in the main park so you won't have to fight everyone else getting a lo.cker in the waterpark.

7. They have shelves at all the rides to put stuff in and they also have lo.ckers you can use free of charge at the station if you need to lock something up. I used them all the time to lock my camera up.

8. Have fun!

Edited by Godwyn

1. Ride in the front on either train and it isn't an issue. Most reports have the ride running great this year all around.

2. YES! The waterpark can very busy even through the week. Go to Mammoth first and then over to Wildebeest. Zoombabwe, Zinga, and Bukali will also get lines pretty quickly after opening.

3. As stated above, Legend has a lot of laterals but I wouldn't call it rough at all. Ride Raven in the back.

4. If you get there at opening I would go to Voyage first and ride a few times before the waterpark opens. Then go to the waterpark at opening. The lines for the dry side really start to thin out after lunch. All three coasters are usually less than a 15-20 min wait (Raven and Legend are often much shorter) by 1:30 or 2:00.

5. Literally can be found on their website: http://www.holidayworld.com/visit/driving-directions#nash

6. There are some right to the left when you enter the park and some inside the waterpark as well (to the left after you go down the ramp next to Amazoom).

7. All three coasters have bins for loose articles.

8. Enjoy your trip, it is an awesome park with great rides, a world class waterpark, and one of (if not the) the nicest staffs in the business.

Edited by KI Kidd

They pretty much gave you all the good pointers . Both the Trains on the Voyage are the same color, One is newer than the other, but they are both Blue. Hitting Splashin Safari when it opens is a great idea, it does get BUSY about One and a half hours after opening, sometimes close to a hour and a half wait for for a couple of slides. By then the Amusement Park is dying down and waits aren't bad at all. Ride the Freedom Train, it is the only Original Ride left from the year the Park first Opened, it's a cute Miniature train ride with Nursery Rhymes display's along the way.

But Most of all , Make sure and have a Blue Ice Cream, located by the Carousel and Have a great time, you will enjoy the charm, hospitality and cleanliness of the Both Parks.

2. YES! The waterpark can very busy even through the week. Go to Mammoth first and then over to Wildebeest. Zoombabwe, Zinga, and Bukali will also get lines pretty quickly after opening.

3. As stated above, Legend has a lot of laterals but I wouldn't call it rough at all. Ride Raven in the back.

4. If you get there at opening I would go to Voyage first and ride a few times before the waterpark opens. Then go to the waterpark at opening. The lines for the dry side really start to thin out after lunch. All three coasters are usually less than a 15-20 min wait (Raven and Legend are often much shorter) by 1:30 or 2:00.

8. Enjoy your trip, it is an awesome park with great rides, a world class waterpark, and one of (if not the) the nicest staffs in the business.

Repeat on all of these - the only major tip necessary (besides enjoying yourself!) is hitting the major water rides immediately after opening of the waterpark; late in the afternoon the coaster lines thin out tremendously, so no worries there, whereas the major slides & Wildebeest/Mammoth will be busy all day.

And re-read #8, so true!

1. I have never noticed a difference between the trains. It should also be noted that the ride has undergone an overhaul since ive been there so it could be a very different ride from last time I was there

2. The waterpark gets really busy really fast. Its not a terrible idea to go there first. I have not gone to the waterpark myself since I spent most of my time on the coasters, but its worth doing

3. The Raven isn't rough at all. I personally do not consider Legend very rough, even though it does have a lot of lateral force like people say. Regardless, it is not too rough to tolerate by any means

4. If you arent going to the waterpark, id hit raven, voyage, and then legend. Raven seems to get long lines rather quickly. The voyage can get long lines, but usually its not terrible.

5 Just look it up.

6. Use the park map

7. They have places where you can put stuff away such as shelves.

8. Enjoy and dont worry if its a rainy day. They're rain policy allows them to run the coasters even if its raining. We got the opprotunity to do this last season and we basically had the park to ourselves. Remember the fact you can get free drinks. This was one of the things i love about the park!

-Kafka-