TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Halloween Horror Nights 22

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Yes, that is correct. No icon(s) this year.

One interesting note about the House of Horrors maze: it will use the same effect/concept as the Dead Exposure house did. But, instead the strobe lights being camera flashes, it will now be a lightning effect. Should be interesting.

Edited by ernierocker

Interesting...from Wiki:

Halloween Horror Nights has amassed a number of characters, known as icons, some being original creations and some using licensed characters. These icons usually had elaborate back-stories that involved the event's theme, houses, or scare zones. Predominantly they have been used for promotional materials and merchandising. The first unofficial icon was Crypt Keeper, from the TV series Tales from the Crypt, a series popular at the time of his first event appearance (HHN V). The Crypt Keeper returned the next year for one of the houses, but was not featured in the advertising campaign. After the Crypt Keeper, the event continued for four years without an icon. Halloween Horror Nights has had an icon, and in some cases multiple icons, every year since, excluding Halloween Horror Nights XIV. These icon characters include Jack the Clown, the Caretaker, the Director, the Storyteller, Bloody Mary, the Usher, Fear and Lady Luck.

So they've had an icon like the last eight years in a row, and they've had an icon 11 out of the last 12 years? I'm very curious to know what went behind the decision to not have an icon.

^Yes, that is correct. No icon(s) this year.

One interesting note about the House of Horrors maze: it will use the same effect/concept as the Dead Exposure house did. But, instead the strobe lights being camera flashes, it will now be a lightning effect. Should be interesting.

Dead exposure was one of my favorite houses in recent years so this is exciting.

I didn't notice it in the ticket pricing but does anyone know if they will be offering the ticket option for early entrance to the Studios park that allows you to stay in the park during the change over (then as a result semi-early admission to the event)? I know they've offered this option the past few years but seems like it's never listed on the web site until closer to the event.

I think this is the most intriguing house because I'm a fan of the classic Universal monsters. Making it a "black-and-white" maze with lightning effects makes sense.

Edited by cfc

Can't say an icon will be overly missed. Some years the icon was incorporated great... But other years, like Lady Luck last year, didn't really tie things together all that well IMO. I find it interesting that they are straying from the typical scare zones as well. I wonder what we will see as far as theming throughout the park without given themes for the different areas.

^The whole "Lady Luck" concept, although I thought it worked well with the Web site, didn't really come together during last year's event. It simply required too much explaining to tie in the houses.

Awesome! Glad to see all of the updates on the website. I think this year is going to be better then most expected, but I'm completely biased. I'm not sure if I saw this discussed earlier, but are we thinking they will be able to pursue on to the sidewalks again?

I have my first rehearsal date next week!

Now that the event has been fully revealed, what is everyone's most anticipated house? Least anticipated house? Are you going to miss not having scarezones or do you think the roaming hordes will be a welcome change?

Edited by ernierocker

I think the houses, as a group, sound intriguing. I'm most looking forward to Universal's House of Horrors (because I'm a fan of the classic Universal Monsters) and Alice Cooper, Welcome to My Nightmare (because I'm an old fan of Alice). I watched Silent Hill last night, and that has potential, too. The Penn & Teller house should be a hoot.

And, as I said earlier, the wandering hordes worked well at BGT--why not at Universal? The scare zones at last year's HHN were pretty weak (although I liked the houses overall).

This is my first HHN but here is my list in order

1. Walking Dead (Huge fan of the series)

2. Penn and Teller Newkd Las Vagas

3. Silent Hill

4. House of Horrors

5. Alice Coopers

6. Dead End

7. Gothic

I am looking forward to seeing the hordes I am used to parks with the zone for the actors but I like when I see somewhere go all out which up here the only place I have seen that is Conneaut's event.

The new 20 Penny circus sounds pretty interesting, I'm a sucker for a good magic show (or a bad magic show) so this will be a welcome addition to the event.

As far as houses go the if they use the same concept as Dead Exposure a few years go the Universal House of Horrors house should be one of my favorites. I don't know anything about the Walking Dead but I expect that house to be very well done and one of the best of the event.

I am really exited about this years Halloween. It will be my first in the US and I will both attend to Halloween Horror Nights and Howl-O-Scream. And I am curious what they will make of Silent Hill, it was my favorite horror game back in the day.

^I like the whole "strobe/'lightning" idea for that one. It was pretty effective in a zombie maze they did a few years ago. Flash! Monster on the other side of the room! Flash! Monster two inches from your nose!

^If it is anything like Dead Exposure from HHN 18, this maze has the potential to scare me more than the others. The designers of Orlando's mazes tend to have fun when they put strobes in a room, and I know I've walked into several walls in the past as a result of this.