TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Halloween Horror Nights 22

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is nothing frightening about Alice Cooper. I want my "scary rock stars who parlay their music careers into other mainstream entertainment avenues" to actually be somewhat scary, or at least with questionable levels of sanity. Rob Zombie? Yes. Cooper? No.

Rob's movie about the Broadstreet Bullies will probably be more frightening than what Alice Cooper's people put together at HHN.

My .02.

Yes, Alice has been around the block a few times and become an "elder statesman" of shock rock. But his core 1970s albums (Love It to Death, Killer, School's Out, Billion Dollar Babies, and Welcome to My Nightmare) hold up pretty well.

You can now buy Express and Frequent Fear with Express Passes!

http://www.halloweenhorrornights.com/orlando/

HHN fans, we know you want to feel the fear sooner rather than later….Express Passes and Frequent Fear Passes with Express are now on sale for Halloween Horror Nights 22. The official event dates are: September 21, 22 and 27-30, October 4-7, 11-14, 17-21, 24-28 and 31. Are you ready to face the horror?

Wow, I'm all for any type of skip the line pass a park can offer to it's guests but $90 for an express pass on a Saturday is a little out of my budget. Not that I can't afford it but considering how average the event has been the past couple of years (my opinion) I just don't know if it's worth it.

With my work schedule it's about the only day I can go, I may be able to squeeze in a Sunday this year but we'll see. I feel bad complaining about ticket prices for anything ever, I mean if people pay for it good for them and great for Universal, but it just feels like HHN has gotten to a point where the experience isn't worth the price of admission. I've never even considered not going to the event, I've been every year for like 6 years or something, but this year I'm really on the fence about it. The Bill and Ted show usually makes or breaks the event for me, and it has been pretty dismal for the past 3 years.

Will be interesting to see how Busch has their packages priced this year, last year they had a VIP guided tour that included admission to the event, front of the line admission for the houses, coasters, and preferred parking for $110. I guess part of the reason I'm so judgmental towards HHN these days is because the past couple of years it's been twice as expensive and half as good as Howl-O-Screams.

^Actually, we already exist in three-dimensional space. Hmm--Penn and Teller. I guess that this will be the standard "comedy" house that Universal always throws in.

I predict that through the course of the maze, you'll see Penn and Teller being taken apart piece by piece, only for them to emerge at the end to tell you it's all been faked.

Edited by cfc

I have always been very interested in being a scareactor for this event for several years. I ran a very small haunted house back home that by its 6th year had gained much popularity in the town. The last few years I have attended this event and loved every second of it. Well after going in for the "audition" last night I am very excited to be a part of this years event! I know a lot of people don't really care that much for the job, but I am pumped!

Edited by BBparks57

Will do, and thanks for the support! My buddy recently got to sit down with Rick Spencer and talk to him about the success of his career. It was really interesting to hear how much has evolved, especially this year. Although really wishing I hadn't renewed my pass last month, kind of pointless now. I'm going to try and get a day off early in the season to try and go see the other houses but if not I look forward to hearing every ones reviews!

Here is the official info for the Penn and Teller house:

http://www.facebook.com/halloweenhorrornightsorlando

Time for our next major announcement! This fall, join Penn & Teller as they take you through the nuclear wasteland that was Las Vegas.

That’s right fans. You will step into Penn and Teller’s dark, dilapidated and radioactive version of “Sin City” in an all-new, 3D haunted house at HHN 22. These two world-renowned entertainers will show you Vegas in a whole new light…or in this case darkness. And to get you prepared for your upcoming visit to “New(kd) Las Vegas,”

logo-Penn-and-Teller-sm.png.eb74611cce4b609b6957fc927620cf8f.png

Edited by ernierocker