TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Halloween Horror Nights 22

We did the rush of fear pass last year. will probably do that again. What a steal! I may avoid friday and saturday nights though. Too many teenagers and the longest lines ever. When we went on the sunday, none of the houses had more than a 10-15 wait, and no tough guy 15 year olds!

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh! No more licensed properties! I feel that HHN is at its best when they have original characters and stories.

I generally feel the same way with the exception of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre house several years ago. My absolute favorite!! Nothing like having Leatherface chase you through the bloody bedsheets hanging on the clothesline.

Just a quick question...I went to HHN 3 years ago and the thing thay really ruined it for me was the constant stream of people going through the haunts. It really killed every scare in the haunts. I understand they have a huge amount of people trying to get through, however, having bought the expresss lane ticket I felt a little dissapointed due to the severe lack of scares. Did I catch them on a busy night or is it always just a constant stream of people in the houses? Thanks!

^^yeah it's pretty much always like that, at least always has been every time I've been. For me it's not necessarily the "conga line" that ruins the scares because the actors do a good job of utilizing multiple scare locations in each scene to keep you guessing. I hate the workers that aren't in costume in the houses with flashlights pushing everyone through the scenes if they fall behind the pace a little.

If its possible try and go through a house a second time if you feel like you didn't get any scares or the "full" experience. HHN has been doing more and more "show scenes" which if you catch it while it is being reset you miss the whole effect.

I am not a fan of the congo style lines either, but for capacity reasons I understand. They lines already get out of control, and you will end up missing quite a few scares if you are in the wrong spot at the wrong time.

I have been able to hit a few houses completely alone, as in I was the only one going through...and also doing the same with just one group of friends. I was not a fan of the The Thing house, but going through it alone changed that instantly....it's way more intense when everything is aimed just at you. I also had a more then personal scare on the last night when it seemed most scare actors had stopped caring about any rules...and I was followed till the end of the house all the way outside. I personally loved it because it did get to me!

The Wolfman house a few years ago was really big on "scene" scares and the one time I went through it, I caught everything on the reset! Fortunately, we had done the behind-the-scenes tour earlier, so at least I knew what I had missed otherwise I would of thought the house was full of dead space.

Very true, and some of those scenes were fantastic. The scenic aspect of the houses continues to blow me away....Winters Night was gorgeous, I can't say it was all that scary, but it was one of my favorites to walk through. Legendary truth and Winters night were great but I think we can take a break from the ghost theme. I also agree with what was said earlier, the more original houses the better.

• 2 weeks later...
Silent Hill would be cool. Sinister Pointe did a Silent Hill maze a few years back which was fun but you could tell they didn't have the budget to really go all out with the details. Plus, no actual Pyramid Head scareactor. I'm sure Universal would be able to go all out.

I'm torn. Silent Hill is by far one of the downright creepiest series of games I've played. For me, they really captured the horror/terror aspect (at least in 2 and 3). But... IMO part of what makes the scary parts of the games scary isn't necessarily what you see, but what you can't. Couple that with absurdly horrific noises out there in the dark, and it's enough to make you pause the game to get a grip for a second. I just don't know how well that would translate to a haunt at Universal, seeing as if there were any noises out in the darkness, you wouldn't be able to hear them over the hundreds of people screaming at cracks in the concrete or twittering about the crowds. Still... given the overall atmosphere of the game, I can't think of a better theme that should at least be given a shot.

I really liked Winter's night too! Although not the scariest house, I think it was really interesting to look at. I really like the ghost them, and I'd rather have another ghost house than another war house (not that it'd ever come down to that). I'm also hoping that the scarezones are beefed up this year if in fact there are only going to be 6-7 houses. The scarezones last year were not my favorite, and I only really enjoyed Acid Assault.

Alice Cooper was really good last year in Hollywood, it would be a plus for Orlando. Though they'd have to match the energy of the performers in Hollywood.

That little kid from walking dead was so annoying and got do many of them killed, if anyone sees him at HHN give him a good spanking. Walking Dead has enough action to make a scary maze. Zombie Awareness Program in 2010 had some zombies on the loose rooms that were really unnerving, and that was a comedy maze.

^Thanks for the link, I just realized I could have posted it already on my post. Whatever, lol.

Edit: ^Was the Walking Dead maze officially announced yet? I know Bloody Disgusting reported both Silent Hill and Walking Dead, but I always wait until an official announcement.

Am I the only one that thinks the overall house quality went down when they stopped doing all original IP and went with licensing deals? I haven't really been impressed with a HHN since then.

Though you could certainly make a really good maze with Silent Hill, so here's hoping...

dt

Walking Dead clue?

From the official Facebook page:

They can’t run, but we’re pretty sure they’ll getcha! They’re coming to Halloween Horror Nights, lots of them! We are one day away from making our next announcement…

http://www.facebook.com/halloweenhorrornightsorlando

Another house to be announced tomorrow!