TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: The Ray's do the Road To Cedar Point!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't wait to get back to Knoebel's. It's easily a 2 day park for me - too much to do in one day! And too much good stuff to do only once. Food alone... I hope to go for Phoenix Phall Phunfest (PPP) this October. Have any of you guys done that? I've heard it's great fun, but can be crowded?

Thanks for all the comments!

Can't wait to get back to Knoebel's. It's easily a 2 day park for me - too much to do in one day! And too much good stuff to do only once. Food alone... I hope to go for Phoenix Phall Phunfest (PPP) this October. Have any of you guys done that? I've heard it's great fun, but can be crowded?

It really is a 2 day park. I missed a lot of rides, and a lot of food. Definitely hoping to get back there next year. Can't help you with Phoenix Phall Phunfest though. Hopefully someone here will know.

if you like the birch beer, there is one place in the park that sells blue birch beer..its really good. its at the stand called totem treats in the kid area. i love that knoebels is my home park. now i just need to get there this year

Good to know! Definitely will have to try that next time!

I double dog dare anyone to go to a park with Cliff and try to drink half as much beer as he does and then ride the most spinny stuff you can find. Good luck with that, let me know how that works out for ya

Haha, Knoebels was alcohol free if I remember correctly, but the next day at Hershey definitely was not. ie. Cliff and Piers.

QFT! Cliff can definitely handle his beer, and Piers can absolutely handle his wine!

I feel so mad at my parents for never taking me to Knoebel's. Oh well, there's a real possibility of going next year though, but my parents have been saying that the last 3 or 4 years.

Get new parents.

Yeah, this really is an awesome portrayal of Knoebel's. You're right - it's a 2-day park.. there's so much more than just a few coasters and a few food stands - there's so many little hidden shops/games/rides/etc.

800 photos???

Loved Knoebels and loved doing it with TPR! The memories from that day/night alone really can't even be described... thanks for helping to relive part of it! When are you going to post pics from our lesbian biker bar excursion?

HAHA! The "Landing Strip!" I'll have to find my pictures of that!

This is excellent Fat Kid Research for my trip this Wednesday. (!!!)

Always happy to help a fellow Fatty

^ LOL It wasn't an official part of the trip. It was a last minute, late night "because I had a car and we found someplace on yelp close by" kinda thing.

I'm sure Robb is noting this for future TPR trips.

PPP gets crowded, but it's still a lot of fun. You have lots of hardcore bumper car drivers, lots of hardcore Flyer pilots, and people in costume. (Although the costumes haven't been as good or as numerous lately as they used to be.)

Most of the park's rides (except water rides) are open during the daytime. The massive craft show, in the picnic area and the front edge of the park behind it, is also open. The lines for food at lunchtime are ridiculous, even though there are lots of food vendors set up in the craft show area. (Unfortunately, many of the park's restaurants are closed, and some of the little food stands moved out to the craft show.) For supper, PPP attendees take advantage of their free pizza tickets, while the rides close down to give the staff time to eat too. Then everyone gravitates to the Haunted House for a few rides, since it's the only time the whole year that it's not an upcharge. When the limited list of rides reopen for PPP, there will be a huge line for Phoenix, but they'll switch to double train operation and the line will fly. (They usually put their best operators on the ride for PPP.)

The antique cars get decorated and haunted, and so does the train. The line for the cars will be the longest in the park due to the low capacity, so try to get them out of the way early to avoid cutting into your time for the other rides. (I just skip them most of the time since I've done them once -- the decorations don't change much from year to year, just get rearranged. You can also see some of the decorations on the car track from Phoenix, which adds a lot to the ambiance of riding the coaster in the dark!) Twister's queue gets haunted sometimes.

When the rides close down at 10, people gather at the Phoenix food stand to hear the costume contest winners, and Dick's state-of-the-park speech. Then there's a bonfire and hot dog roast in the campground.