TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Robb & Elissa's Big Gay New York City Trip!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like you guys had an awesome trip. I was in NYC for my first trip in January and feel like I did a bunch of the same stuff you guys did, the waffle place, Two Boots pizza (HAD to get a slice of the Dude and it was amazing), apple store, FAO Schwartz and all the tourists buildings, saw two shows (Memphis and Spiderman), ate at Papas Frites (which is F*ing Awesome!), did Lombardi's and Johns Pizzeria (but not on Scott's Pizza tour which I totally regret), and based on the picture from your room I might have even stayed at the same hotel as you (Affinia Dumont ?). Looks like you had an awesome trip and it makes me really want to go back!

Sucks to hear that Evita was just kinda average because of one performer although in my quasi limited experience in musical theatre that tends to happen somewhat often (looking at you Phantom and Jean Valjean). Hope it still tours because I've never seen Evita on stage but would LOVE to at some point! Also I don't know a darn thing about Newsies but based on your reviews I might have to check it out if it ever tours near me.

Here's something for Dave!

Yay! And I think we can all agree that Ice Bat is NOT gay.

Awesome report. Not a theater fan at all, but glad you guys had a good time at the shows. And the pizza tour rules. Anyone visiting NYC really needs to do it!

dt

^And thank you for that! It was a great location and property except during our trip they were doing construction on the Green Line's north bound track every night after like 9 pm so that screwed up a lot of our timing but other than having to take a few more cab rides we still had a great time.

Awesome Report! I really want to see Newsies so bad, it's one of my favorite musicals for sure! I was so excited to hear it was going to Broadway and I can't wait until it tours (if it does).

I am heading up to NY in a few weeks but we are choosing to see Sleep No More again, because I am obsessed with that show right now and you can't beat the price of the ticket for the experience. Those characters out in time square are always so sketch!

All the pizza... *wipes drool off of keyboard.*

Seriously, I thought going to Dorney last weekend would hold me over until New Hotness (I actually love the place, so shoot me with a laser-bear-launcher for all I care) but once I looked up this TR, my cabin fever immediately came back.

^ I really, really, REALLY hate the theater scene in Los Angeles. (Or complete lack thereof, really) If anything, you should go to NYC to see it!

I've never understood this. It's not like there's any shortage of unemployed actors here, or people who appreciate theater.

Looks like you all had a non coaster/theme park blast!! Scott's Pizza Tour is top notch and fun as heck. I don't know much about the shows you saw (and yes, never saw Evita-movie or play) but the cupcakes looked GOOD. Thanks for sharing the trip report.

^ I really, really, REALLY hate the theater scene in Los Angeles. (Or complete lack thereof, really) If anything, you should go to NYC to see it!

I've never understood this. It's not like there's any shortage of unemployed actors here, or people who appreciate theater.

It's because they all want to be....

MOVIE STARS!!!

Very jealous of your meals from Sarge's and Shake Shack! They're both on my "want to do" list for NYC. Glad you got to go to John's; we tried their Times Square-area restaurant (in an old church; look for photos soon in the Roadfood thread), across the street from Shake Shack, and their sausage and garlic pie was probably the best pizza I've ever tasted!

As always, thanks for sharing!

John's was actually my least favorite of the three we went to on this tour, and one of my least favorites of the eight or so pizza places we've now done with Scott. I mean, it beats any Sicilian pizza, but it's not as good as some others.

Fraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan. Gay?!? Nooooooooooooooooo! I shared a room with that guy. This explains all of those shirtless pictures of ACE fatties I saw on his computer. Seriously though this makes me want to get on a plane to one of my favorite cities today. Hopefully I will get a chance to visit NYC this summer. Thanks for an awesome report!

I'm not ashamed to admit it. I love Broadway, and I love showtunes. I just got sing in a huge salute to Broadway concert a few weeks ago, where I got to sing solos for both "Sunrise, Sunset" from Fiddler on The Roof, and "Do You Hear The People Sing?" from Les Mis. I'm also performing in The Pirates of Penzance late next month. Go ahead and think I'm gay for liking this. They all thought my Dad was gay too.

Anyway, great TR! The Pizza tours are something I simply MUST do upon my next visit to NYC. And I see that Elissa and my Mom both have the same favorite hotel in the area.

I'm a gay guy who has been enjoying this site for some time because I'm a coaster enthusiast. So, now I guess "gay" is the equivalent of "cheesy" and "ridiculous"? I don't think I need to tell you why this whole post is offensive. I don't even like musicals. Why is it ok for you to equate being gay with being silly, frivolous, and stupid?

How about the next time you go to an amusement park, you label it "Robb & Elissa's Fat and Low-Class Trip to Adventure Kingdom"?