TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The South America Trip Report

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This picture is absolutely amazing. This is a great trip report.

DROOOOOLLLL My WRX and me would carve that road up...What fun that would be. Though Id need to install a stiffer suspension to really take those turns like Id want to...

Great TR! Love the bits inbetween the parks like the roads too.

Wow! I loooved this report, im from Buenos Aires and i was very surprised to see this.

The majority of the rides (rocket simulator, the super 8 volante coaster, the racing cars, etc) at Lujan are from ItalPark, a parked that was in the middle of the city of Buenos Aires and closed down in 1990 after a girl died in a ride called the matterhorn.

You missed the Parque de la Costa, its the biggest park in Buenos Aires and have a few good custom coasters, like boomerang and the vekoma inverted with 5 inversions.

You should all visit Argentina, its a very beautiful and big country.

Thanks for this report!

btw, Aconcagua was the first "big" coaster i`ve ever rode.

It was back in 1996 and i keep it in my heart! I should go to the park and hae some pics of it since i didnt know you can actually go inside the area of the coaster!

Wow! I loooved this report, im from Buenos Aires and i was very surprised to see this.

The majority of the rides (rocket simulator, the super 8 volante coaster, the racing cars, etc) at Lujan are from ItalPark, a parked that was in the middle of the city of Buenos Aires and closed down in 1990 after a girl died in a ride called the matterhorn.

You missed the Parque de la Costa, its the biggest park in Buenos Aires and have a few good custom coasters, like boomerang and the vekoma inverted with 5 inversions.

You should all visit Argentina, its a very beautiful and big country.

Thanks for this report!

I've visited Parque de La Costa in 2011, so in 2012 I decided to focus on the least famous parks. I missed Republica de Los Niños though.

It was "Robb and Elissa class" on the story! Great written / reported: Fun to see another part of the world that one is not accustomed to seeing from.Hope you can come to Sweden and give your views on the Gröna Lund / Liseberg.

A very interesting TR on some of the rarest credits on earth.

I have to say seeing Parque de la Ciudad (sp!) sitting there is truly heartbreaking in so many ways. Veritgorama would, I'm sure, have been a catalyst for more developments like those in the future- had it ever operated. In a lot of ways, it looks like a hybrid between Arrow's "Gemini" coaster (Cedar Point) and a steel mine train; either way, it is sad that giant never saw passengers.

As for the Schwarzkopf attractions: Nothing is -ever- as painful as seeing the last Speedracer (yes, Aconcagua IS the last true Speedracer!) sitting there waiting for some love, attention and restoration. The WildCat 54 is even more sad- as it is a rare credit these days. (Most of the remaining Wildcats are either the 65 version or the 45 version; the 54s did not sell well overall.) And yes, even the enterprise rotting is a tragic thing to see.

Why a city like Buenos Aires has yet to figure out that a park like that when run right is a good thing to have- especially with so many good rides there to start off.

(And yes, I'm deeply saddened by seeing all the Schwarzkopf goodness rotting there. I wonder if they take AMEX?)

R.D.

"Praise be to Anton, Amen."

What a fantastic trip report: the Andes road, the up-close-and-personal encounter with the big cats (INSANELY JEALOUS), all the funky credits, and this enormous abandoned park... Amazing. So glad you had this epic experience!

Very much dug the tile-encrusted lane dividers in that coaster boarding station. Unique.

I am so proud to see my country here, even if the report is not enought to show how beatiful and fun is Santiago.

Fantasilandia is actually the most important park in Chile, his owner, Gerardo Arteaga is the Third Vice Chairman of IAAPA(http://www.iaapa.org/pressroom/pressreleases/2012ThirdViceChair.asp), so his park is very safe and works under the higher quality standards. The only thing is that Fantasilandia is placed at a very small space, inside a urban park at the dowtown, a sort of central park.

As I sayd before, if some of you guys want to come to Chile, I'll be happy to take you on a trip.

I've visited Parque de La Costa in 2011, so in 2012 I decided to focus on the least famous parks. I missed Republica de Los Niños though.

Did you make a trip report of Parque de la Costa when you went in 2011?

No, I didn't. But I'm planning on coming back to Argentina soon and visit Parque de La Costa, Republica de Los Niños and Parque de La Ciudad one last time before they torn everything down. That will make a nice trip report

Nice words you found about the Schwarzkopf-Coaster, R.D. : -)

Agree with you of course: *High-5*

Mrenata, I forgot something to say/write: You are really courageous, to pet/to fondle the "big cat" (Tiger, etc.)... I wouldn't, I can tell you that

I can asure you that the animal contact is pretty safe. Those animals are treated like a pet from the day they were born and they were never beaten by any humans.

If you look carefully, I'm always holding a bottle of milk in my hands, so the animals pay more attention to the milk I'm giving than to the human taking a picture with them.

The only animal that you can't have full contact with is the brown bear, even though you can feed him, you are not allowed to touch or hug him.

163058_501108284242_1224121_n.jpg.1c30e593aef0e6f501d02ee1aaeec43b.jpg

163058_501108289242_1063821_n.jpg.19421bccf33d6c73e11f72824245717c.jpg

• 4 months later...