TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Bootleg has some amazing theming, and the area around it is stunning, however I think the ride itself looks a bit "clumsy".

But it's pretty hard to make a realistic Intamin wing rider in RCT3 due to the large trains that aren't made for tight transitions, but you've probably done the best that is possible to do with that CTR so well done

Thanks!

This park can easily give Hershey's Hawaiian Escape and Chareslton Gardens/SFSC a run for it's money...

Here I am thinking I'm good. I totally suck compared to you, I don't even know where to get all of the CTR for the coasters in this park....

Thanks!

Bootleg, the park's newest coaster has come under fire recently.

Parent group M.A.D.D. or Mothers Against Drunk Driving, is suing the Herschend group over the new coaster's theming.

A lead spokeswoman for the organisation is calling it a "shameful, unneeded reference to alcohol" They claim that the theming isn't required to make the ride enjoyable. They feel that the large amounts of "moonshine theming" poorly influences the teen group who avidly ride the large coasters in the park.

The park issued a statement saying that "The story behind Bootleg is just a small detail that may go unnoticed by the average park-goer. There is no intention to promote the consumption of alcoholoic beverages. In fact, no alcohol is served in the park. We feel as though M.A.D.D. is just using the park as a scape goat to bring media attention to their group, much like P.E.T.A. and SeaWorld. We are confident that we will win this case and keep the theming to the ride intact."

The case is scheduled to appear in court soon. M.A.D.D. wants 20 million dollars and for the theming to be removed from the ride along with a name change. Herschend lawyers are attempting to reach a settlement as of press time.

What this means for Bootleg is unknown.

The cars themselves are meant to symbolize a barrel of moonshine.

The story is that the moonshine is being shipped in a new method that brings it quickly to its location.

Hopefully the park will not have to lose this theming as the park spent several million to theme the ride in the first place.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow that is quite a twist to your park's storyline. I love how much of a real park feel you put into this the lawsuit angle definately fits in todays world where our favorite parks come under fire for some reason or other.

Thanks!

First off I love the detail in this park and secondly I love when people add stuff like this to their park, not just a lawsuit over an injury/death or a fire, but something that could very well happen to a real park.

Thanks!

Hey guys, today I went to the park for a little while.

Virginia Vortex is still an awesome ride and definatly one of the best in the park. Its very smooth for its age.

Barnstormer is a fun flat but it still scares the crap out of me.

The main gate looking very pretty.

Mustang broke down around noon and was closed for the rest of the day, luckily I rode early.

The hot Virginia sun was a great excuse to ride Fisher Flume.

Despite all the controversy with M.A.D.D. Bootleg still had two hour long lines all day.

Also, the Aileron hasn't opened in a week, and the queue house has been boarded up. It has always been plagued with mechanical issues. I wonder if this means the end for the ride.

I have to ask you something, how did you do the Intamin-esque track for the Schwartzkopf looper? It definetly looks more realistic than the default Premeir-looking track.

It looks like he used the no collision hack to build through the premier style ride.

The park looks great.

Bootleg, the park's newest coaster has come under fire recently.

Parent group M.A.D.D. or Mothers Against Drunk Driving, is suing the Herschend group over the new coaster's theming.

A lead spokeswoman for the organisation is calling it a "shameful, unneeded reference to alcohol" They claim that the theming isn't required to make the ride enjoyable. They feel that the large amounts of "moonshine theming" poorly influences the teen group who avidly ride the large coasters in the park.

The park issued a statement saying that "The story behind Bootleg is just a small detail that may go unnoticed by the average park-goer. There is no intention to promote the consumption of alcoholoic beverages. In fact, no alcohol is served in the park. We feel as though M.A.D.D. is just using the park as a scape goat to bring media attention to their group, much like P.E.T.A. and SeaWorld. We are confident that we will win this case and keep the theming to the ride intact."

The case is scheduled to appear in court soon. M.A.D.D. wants 20 million dollars and for the theming to be removed from the ride along with a name change. Herschend lawyers are attempting to reach a settlement as of press time.

That is ridiculous - and completely realistic! Considering how easily people get offended these days, I could easily see this happening in real life. Good scenario, I'm interested to see how things pan out.

The park pics are looking awesome as usual. Mustang is truly awesome.

That is ridiculous - and completely realistic! Considering how easily people get offended these days, I could easily see this happening in real life. Good scenario, I'm interested to see how things pan out.

The park pics are looking awesome as usual. Mustang is truly awesome.

Thanks!

If Allerion is removed, I hope it means this park is getting a windseeker. It would be very cool!

Nope.

I have to ask you something, how did you do the Intamin-esque track for the Schwartzkopf looper? It definetly looks more realistic than the default Premeir-looking track.

It's an Option.txt hack. It allows you to intersect tracks. So I just layout over Intamin track on the Schwarzkopf track. Boom instant Mindbender type ride.

This really is one of the best RCT3 parks this site has seen. You've shown a POV of the GCI, could you please show more?

Sure haha.

OUT OF CHARACTER:

Well I went back into the main bench of Fisher the other day to replace the Aileron. I realized it looked awful. The park looked so unfinished. Half the paths were unpaved, no foliage, no lights, or anything, just a gray terrain texture. I also felt the park was beginning to lose touch with its surroundings. So I revamped the entire park. New rides, paths, and more.

BACK IN CHARACTER:

The park just completed a 10 million dollar revamp of the park. 5 new rides were added, along with the beautifying of several paths. Also Aileron was demolished.

Fisher Park looked stunning with new path details and foliage.

Twister was one of the new attractions added. It is small but great for young kids to ride.

The Enterprise took Aileron's old spot. The ride was bought second hand from a small park in Illinois.

This section of path was revamped as well.

The Antique Cars were the biggest addition here. They fill up a previous gap in the middle of the park.

The lockers outside of Virginia Vortex's entrance.

There are plenty of relaxing shaded areas of path as well.

The Ferris Wheel was the largest addition to the park. It provides stunning views of the surrounding valley.

The train was repainted as well.

A look down one of the midways.

Virginia Vortex is a classic.

The cars are a new favorite among children.

The Frog Hoppers are new as well and I have been told to watch this section of the County Fair area for a coming addition.

This overhaul looks really good! I think foliage is very over looked in RCT3, and you're executing it pretty well so far. I've always said, people like Disney Parks because of the atmosphere. Atmosphere, atmosphere, atmosphere!

However, I believe the ferris wheel just does not fit in! Same with your coaster, Crop Duster. The ferris wheel's colors are just to bright and stand out way to much for that area; but the family ride is needed! Crop Duster faces what many RCT3 user face - realism. You want the park to look nice, but some curves on RCT3's wooden coaster just do not look good. Personally, I really think an out-n-back would be awesome.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This is probably the best amusement park I've seen. I love this park, because it is very in touch with nature and it actually looks like it could be a real amusement park. I love how you did the midways too! Love this park, I hope it stays around for a good long time, because I would love to see the new additions to the park and stuff. Look forward to seeing more from you!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's the filters on this website. But yes people, i have pretty much stopped posting updates on this forum. The park has seen many new additions and a new park owner.

Recap:

Nocturnal is a large B&M invert situated at the back of the park. At 150 feet tall it dominates the back of the park. The ride opened to rave reviews, being compared to popular inverts such as Katun and Raptor.

However, tragedy struck when a teenage boy went into the ride area to reclaim his hat when he was struck by a passing train and was decapitated. The ride itself was rushed for opening day and not all the safety fences had been put in place so the park was at fault for the boy's death.

Herschend unable to handle the lawsuit and the severe drop in attendance put Fisher Park up for sale at the close of the season. A buyer was not found and the park was left to rot. Renegade deteriorated and the ride fell apart.

3 years later, Kennywood bought the park and revived it.

Several new rides were added, including Roanoke Rapids and Big Green Tractors (a small family ride). Many other rides and coasters were repainted.

Nocturnal, the infamous ride that caused the park to close, was repainted and renamed Nighthawk. Thankfully, the bad stigma surrounding the ride was all but gone and the ride saw 2 hour long lines for most of the season.

Most recently, Werewolf was opened at the park. The large Gravity Group Woodie was met with great success due to its intense airtime and impressive speeds.

Certainly Fisher Park is doing well.