TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Nestled up in the Appalachian Mountains in the great state of Virginia lies Fisher Park.

The park was purchased from the Fisher family in 2003 by Herschend Family Entertainment Group, famous for Dollywood and Silver Dollar City. Since then the small mountainside park has seen some large expansions.

The park's entrance gate is rather humble, but it serves its purpose and is able to take in big crowds.

The park's arrow mine train, Renegade, is a fantastic ride for those who can't take the bigger rides but still want the thrill of a roller coaster.

Barnstormer is the newest addition to the park. It is an S&S Screamin' Swing themed to a stunt pilot performance gone wrong. As you can see, the pilot had an accident and crashed straight through the old barn.

The park's oldest and best coaster is the Virginia Vortex. Built by renowned coaster designer Anton Schwarzkopf, the ride features two vertical loops and tons of twists and turns making for an amazing experience.

The back half of Virginia Vortex. Plenty of fun to be found here.

The park's newest and first wooden coaster is Crop Duster built by Great Coasters International.

The huge layout is full of quick pops of ejector air, sharp turns, and even a station fly-by.

Speaking of the fly-by...

A shot of one of the midways leading down to Renegade.

I'll leave you with a shot of the train and the parachute drop.

Edited by Tomes1225

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This looks amazing. All of those pictures are very atmospheric and detailed. I think my favourite is the Entrance. It's so clean and fresh, yet still able to keep it's charm without looking stale. Truly brilliant work here.

• 3 weeks later...
The use of CTRS' Birdhouse is overdosed, but everything else looks spectacular. Just change some of the architecture, too much of the Birdhouse set is poignant and appears to be somewhat ugly.

Nice start, Tom!

Thanks, I only used the set in 3 buildings, I just happened to only show those buildings. I can assure you I am keeping it in reason.

Tomes, your work never fails to inspire me to become better at park building- it is THAT good. This park is no exception to that rule- and is stunning all over.

R.D.

Thanks R.D. that means a lot. As the Schwarzkopf master around here, I was wondering what your thoughts on Vortex are. I've never built a coaster like it before.

Wonderful stuff.

Thanks

This is looking like a great park so far. That wooden coaster looks fantastic
This looks amazing. All of those pictures are very atmospheric and detailed. I think my favourite is the Entrance. It's so clean and fresh, yet still able to keep it's charm without looking stale. Truly brilliant work here.

Thanks!

The first 2 shots, especially the second one, is epic!

Thanks!

You never fail to make your work look beyond amazing. Nice job!

Thanks!

I love the park. I love the building with the water wheel in that one shot of Renegade. Virginia Vortex and Crop Duster are good, as well. I also love the theming work on Barnstormer.

Thanks!

Sorry for the lack of updates, I went to Cedar Point right after posting the first update, and I kind of left the park to try and design a Maverick style ride. It didn't work, so I'm back to this park.

Virginia Vortex is my favorite ride in the park, even for it's old age, it still kicks a lot of butt.

The station is very rustic, but it fits the attraction quite well.

Crop Duster is a great woody and very smooth as well.

The pretty train station and the carousel.

Granny's Cupboard, the train station, and Parachutes in the background.

Renegade is always fun and the beautiful scenery makes it worth the ride.

It is not a smooth ride, but then again I wouldn't call it rough either.

Families love it too.

Fisher Park is holding a survey.

What do you think the park needs:

1. A new looping coaster

2. A launched roller coaster

3. A new high energy flat ride

4. A new family coaster

5. A flume ride

(no positive or negative effects, just wanna see what you guys think should be next.)

Amazing, as always.

I'm gonna go with a new family ride.

Flumes can be family rides

Great update again, I'm loving the station for Virginia Vortex. I think the park would do well with a Log flume or other type of water ride.

Thanks!

I'd say a flume ride too, but with like a country theme! That would be so cool! P.S Im loving your park very very much!

Thanks!

Well when Crop Duster was added, it replaced the park's old rotting flume. It was nothing special, but it was the only water ride in the park.

Well.... Until now.

The park spent a lot of money to bring this custom, themed flume into the park. The result is astounding.

Fisher Flume is a perfect addition to the park and plays well with the park's natural setting.

Like most of the park, the ride is family friendly. It is something the whole family can ride and enjoy together.

The River Inn Bakery was added to the new area of the park. The cinnamon bread is to die for. I think the lines for it were just as long as the new ride

Oh yeah, there's new bathrooms too.

But the most amazing part of the ride is how it looks at night. The whole thing is just spectacular.

The theming and details on Fisher Flume are just incredible. That is definitely my favorite ride in the park.

Thanks!

Once again, you raise the bar for detailed, thorough ride installation in RCT III.

R.D.

Thanks R.D. that means a lot to me.

Best screens of RCT3 I've seen for a while on this site

Wow, thanks!

The log flume is amazing. Exceptional work on the surroundings and the screens are so full of life and atmosphere.

Thanks, I tried really hard to fit it into the surroundings.

The flume, as well as the rest of the park, looks impeccable. Great work.

Thanks!

The park posted this video on their Youtube page.

Now you guys can experience this awesome GCI!

Don't forget to subscribe!

The layout's great and it feels like a GCI, but it loses too much speed. I know it's too late to fix it but don't worry about it because it's still a good coaster.

I realize it loses a little too much speed at the end, but there's not much you can do for that in RCT3.

If you haven't already, I would enable the lower physics to get the speed a bit better. Besides being a bit longer than most GCIs, I don't think I would have noticed had the speed gone up.

Overall very solid job.

Hmmm, I'll try that out, but I don't see a point now, the POV is already released.

The park has been experiencing financial problems recently. Ever since 2010, the park has experience declines in attendance. R&D shows that the addition of Intimidator 305 at the nearby Kings Dominion is one of the main causes of this drop. People look for the most thrilling roller coasters and Fisher Park has not had a large coaster addition since 2004 with Crop Duster. Even that is more of a family ride. Fisher Park needs a new coaster if it hopes to stay in competition with the other parks nearby.

And indeed it shall.

Fisher Park has partnered with Intaride, LLC for the addition of the parks fourth roller coaster. With a 100 foot 95 degree first drop, high amounts of negative g-forces, and a 70 mph launch Mustang will be the tallest, fastest ride in the park.

Construction should begin within a few days.