TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

[RCT2] A.J. Does Retro Scenarios!

Ok, I've upgraded to the newly uploaded scenarios and I can open all of them EXCEPT for Mel's World. When I try to open the scenario I get a "File Contains Invalid Data" error. Is this something on my end? I'd really love to see this scenario, it has always been one of my favorites!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Katie's World is already on my "to-do" list.

As for Mel's World, I ran the SV6 file used to make the scenario through the Object Fixer, and I also ran my ObjData folder through the DAT checker. Everything is working correctly on my end (both on my Windows and my Wine RCT2 games), but I re-uploaded the scenario again just to make sure.

Here's the sixth RCT scenario, Bumbly Beach!

AJR_Bumbly Beach.BMP

GAME EXCHANGE LINK

Bumbly Beach is changed a bit. The first difference is that the wooden roller coaster now runs two trains with six cars each as opposed to three trains with four cars each. This does not change the ride's maximum capacity, however.

The most noticeable difference is that you are unable to expand the park. Due to RCT2's restrictions on having construction rights over pathways to the park entrance (read: you can't have them at all), you are unable to connect your current land to the land that you would like to purchase.

Keep those requests coming!

Next up is Adrenaline Heights from Corkscrew Follies!

Have fun!

Edited by A.J.

No requests today? That's okay, I just keep chugging along!

Here's the twenty-first Corkscrew Follies scenario, Adrenaline Heights!

AJR_Adrenaline Heights.BMP

GAME EXCHANGE LINK

Adrenaline Heights is completely unchanged.

At this point, I will begin to add scenarios in numbered order to my to-do list. After Grand Glacier I will start on Trinity Islands, and after Trinity Islands I will start on Dinky Park, and so on UNLESS I get a request.

Next up is Vertigo Views from Loopy Landscapes!

Have fun!

Can Frightmare Hills be added to the queue? That is one of my favorites.

Also, I have been having the same problem with Mel's World, with the invalid data error. It looks like this file is nothing but trouble.

Okay, requests have been added to the list.

The constant "file contains invalid data" errors that have been popping up have made me decide to re-do Mel's World completely from scratch. The new scenario has been uploaded, and the old one deleted completely. I've also edited all the links to Mel's World in the thread to match this.

Here's the sixth Loopy Landscapes scenario, Vertigo Views!

AJR_Vertigo Views.BMP

GAME EXCHANGE LINK

Vertigo Views is completely unchanged.

Also, here's the nineteenth Loopy Landscapes scenario, Octagon Park!

AJR_Octagon Park.BMP

GAME EXCHANGE LINK

Octagon Park is also completely unchanged.

Next up is Karts & Coasters from the original RCT!

Have fun!

Edited by A.J.

I really don't mean to be this way, but I believe it's your problem and not mine. The scenario works on both of my machines (Windows 7 as well as my Wine installation), even if the paths have to be installed again.

Other than the pathways, there is absolutely no custom content in my scenarios, and I can verify this because my Wine installation has absolutely no custom content other than my paths. The landscapes were made from RCT Deluxe SV4 files, then the scenarios were made using RCT2 Triple Thrill Pack. The pathways are not a problem either, as I can remove them from my ObjData folder and still open the scenario after the game automatically installs the pathways.

I would suggest doing a search on common "File Contains Invalid Data" errors. I refuse for this entire project to be held up by one scenario. I've already made the scenario AGAIN completely from scratch, and I'm not going to do it once more.

A problem that you may be having is that you installed a scenario from Loopy Landscapes before one of the RCT scenarios. This would cause an issue. The "RCT Dirt Footpath" should be installed as "AJR_DIRT.dat" while the "LL Dirt/Modern Footpath" should be installed as "AJR_DIRU.dat", because I created the RCT Dirt path before the LL Dirt/Modern one.

If that's the case, just remove all ObjData with the "AJR_" prefix; then open up an RCT scenario, then an LL scenario.

EDIT: This is a big issue I guess, so I'm just going to have to re-name and replace DATs again. Ugh, this is really annoying.

Edited by A.J.

Okay, this is a train-wreck now.

I'm locking this for now until I can get my act together, as well as sort out the 0 bytes file issue.