TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Head Rushing on rides

Does anyone suffer from this???

I have never experienced any head rushing at all on roller coaster until this year. I went to Thorpe park yesterday and rode Nemesis Inferno a ride I had always found tame but this time on almost every helix and bend I felt a massive pressure build up in my head it was to tell you the truth unpleasant. I didn't experience it on any other rides during the day except a tiny bit on Swarm but nothing unpleasant.

It’s a pain I experienced the same thing on the loop on Rage a few weeks ago but again nothing to bad. It seems a bit odd that its suddenly effecting me like that especially as the tight turns are normally my favourite part.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, my local doctor has a blood pressure check thing which you can do yourself think I might use that and go from there. I admit that I was a bit thirsty before going on so maybe that could be it, but it really was unpleasent. The blackpool woods seem fine but there much less intense think I will just stick to them for a bit until I see the doctor.

It could be from medicine, food, or drink. During the Deep South Bash last year I was taking a new medication....and in the morning even though I had apple juice and some breakfast; after riding DareDevilDive, Mindbender, and Batman all within an hour I got sick pretty quick. I had never ridden a coaster and felt sick after. Never. After getting sick and laying down for a bit I felt better; it was totally the medicine and I don't take it if I'm going to a park.

^ditto on that: staying hydrated can help you prevent such calamities on thrill rides, but I also experienced something like that while riding The Crypt at Kings Dominion ( Top Spin flat ride). After the ride was over and after all those spinning flips were done, I was so dizzy I had to clutch the handrails and walk slowly to the exit. I did recover my senses within a minute, but I decided I wasn't going to ride a Top Spin ride anymore ( of course, I ended up breaking that promise on my next visit and rode the Crypt, and didn't experienced any head rushes).

Now, at my advanced age, I tend to take it easy between thrill rides; such as riding a low impact ride in between thrill rides or taking breaks for window shopping or even stopping to see a show. As long as I feel fine, then I will stay inside the park longer than if I wasn't feeling fine.

"Hey, if you do feel light-headed or dizzy, then come lie down upon me. I'll get you back to feeling fine in no time, as long as you don't mind sleeping for several days that is."

I've never gotten Head Rush, but at ECB '10 night ERT on I305 I experienced a sharp pain in my chest as soon as we started dropping. Since it was around 100 degrees with high humidity I know it was definitely dehydration. Even if it's not hot outside like it was that day the most important thing is to drink lots of water so this doesn't happen, as it can completely ruin the experience and maybe even the entire day. Stop at water fountains every chance you get and buy a refillable bottle somewhere.

Yeah I'am thinking it was dehydration now. When I went on Rage (a eurofighter) I was fine on the first 4 goes but when I came back later I hadn't drunk or eat anything in hours and had that head rush on the loop. When at Thrope Park I was really thristy on the way up but missed the supermarket I normal go into for a drink then only had a tiny little bit before going on the rides.

Think I will go up to Rage at the weekend and take a giant bottle of water with me in the car and see how I feel, before bothering the doctor.