Wing Rider Contest?

mcjaco

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

RCT3 has a custom tracked Wing Coaster, but NoLimits does not. That doesn't stop people from taking the NoLimits camera, moving it to the side of the track, and shooting a POV as a Wing Coaster though. I think that there's actually one in RCT2 as well, but I'm not as sure.

RCT3 contests never have very many players though for some reason.

Hmmm. If anyone has an idea for a contest, I'll give out my bag as the prize.

It's an X-Flight tote, a water bottle, a T-shirt (XL), a folder with info, and my media pass. I may throw the X-Flight USB thumb drive in as well.

RCT II has a decent B&M Wingrider in it; even I have it- but seldom use it.

If we can get the CTR for it, I think this might be a winner, especially since everyone has gone nuts over it. I'd love to see a "Don't make it like the others" WR contest.

Idea:

We post up the RCT II CTR for the wing rider... and then run with it as this:

You have been given XXXXX amount of money to build a new B&M Wingrider coaster. You must use only the money provided to build it.

I have a few extra 'scenarios' I've been playing with as of late to do so with.

OK: Here's the rub:

Parkitect (ja227) made the CTRs for the SkyRider for RCT II- however, I can't seem to locate the track-file; when I went onto rct2objectlist site, I couldn't download it.

Any ideas if there is a floating copy of that around here?

That would be great, Matt- I've already started to cut the scenario and run it to see what needs to be changed on it. I should have the final version ready by tomorrow night or so (I'm recovering from first round surgery, so all I really have to do is sit on a pad all day...)

CPM will be posting up the wingrider track in a special post- then I'll merge that into the contest thread once it opens on Monday morning. I'd like to get everybody downloading the track and using it before we end up with 10,000 "where is it?" posts to the board.

I like the idea of using the MODS as judges; Is everybody up for this? I found it a lot easier to work with than the 'voting' threads which don't get a lot of attention. Also we really need to push this hard- so I'd like to do a mega-blast of everything: FB, Twitter, Front Page- as I think this could really, well, fly.

Let's post the draft in here, and once I get enough time to add my pics, we'll move it into the Game Forum first thing Monday morning. Maybe even Sunday night.

Wifey will be quite happy to know I'm cleaning out crap almost as fast as I brought it into the house!

Edited by mcjaco

Pic of the goodies.

690018053_IMG_06521.thumb.jpg.71916f3d132d70f32b99c064b9e724f4.jpg

One X Flight Tote bag

One X-Flight metal water bottle

One X-Flight XL T-shirt

One X-Flight luggage tag

One X-Flight USB 2GB Thumb Drive

One X-Flight Save the Date Media Invite

One X-Flight Info folder and contents

One X-Flight Media Day Media Pass

Edited by mcjaco

Excellent: I'm putting together the final version of the challenge right now- and will put CPM's thread in here once it is done- along with everything else needed in to get the game going.

The game itself will be loaded into the exchange tonight later on, so we can get people downloading it ASAP. It should be something interesting- as I'm limiting the scenery items a bit. The track download will be in the thread itself, so we can dump the original WingRider thread when done.

Extending the challenge by four days- we've got 7 entries in (so far) and I'd like to see if we can get 10 out of it.

Also: Off the grid for the next couple of days for further surgery to the leg- will be in and out through the end of the week.