TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: PortAventura Shambhala opening!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't decide what looks best: the pictures, the trains, or the skyline's twisted mass of B&M goodness. Anyone know why the park went with water jets rather than a scoop-based splash a-la Diamondback?

Is this first drop as steep as some of the other newer B&M 200+ footers? I'm not going to bust out the protractor, but there is a point during the first drop on Diamondback that the track seems to disappear under itself. Definitely adds a sort of punch to the first drop. I came to think of it almost as a sort of consolation prize from B&M for not putting the dip on their hypers after Raging Bull. Just eyeballing the video, it looks like you don't find this on Shambhala. It could just be this particular footage, and I'm not making it out to be a ramp like Goliath or Titan- just curious.

^Can you wait till 2014 or 2015? Certainly another TPR Trip back to Spain in the future!

Yea! It is about time Spain added something good so it would get back on the TPR radar.

Is this first drop as steep as some of the other newer B&M 200+ footers? I'm not going to bust out the protractor, but there is a point during the first drop on Diamondback that the track seems to disappear under itself. Definitely adds a sort of punch to the first drop. I came to think of it almost as a sort of consolation prize from B&M for not putting the dip on their hypers after Raging Bull. Just eyeballing the video, it looks like you don't find this on Shambhala. It could just be this particular footage, and I'm not making it out to be a ramp like Goliath or Titan- just curious.

Trust me, that moment is still there

Great impressions of a nice-looking coaster.

so this is what a 2 hour wait looks like?

Thats why I never go on opening or premiere days - I'd only wait that long for Schwarzkopf Thriller with the knowledge that it would be put to scrap the next day....

Thank you for doing this report. It does indeed look superb and i think B&M have done a great job with this coaster: it looks tall, fast and has a proper length. I am really looking forward to going to portaventura this summer and i just hope it rides as cool as it looks.

• 4 weeks later...

I was lucky enough to spend 3 days at Portaventura a couple of weeks ago and Shambala is a fantastic coaster. The airtime is amazing, the theming of the whole area (Dragon Khan is in the same area) has had no expense spared on it. The most amazing thing i found is that the ride is so quiet. You can stand right beside it as the cars go past and all you hear is a "swoosh" as they pass. The express pass can be used on Shambala and is great value if you are staying in a Hotel on the Park.

It has to be ridden!

Gorgeous pictures as always Hanno!! I am so glad there are talks of a Spain trip in the future. After meeting Olivier on TPR trips, I've always wanted to check out Dragon Kahn, and now with this beast next to it??!!! Sign me up!

^There will definitely be another TPR Spain Trip in the future. Will probably be a couple of years just so they can either get one new park or a couple more rides. I believe there are only four additional credits in the whole country from when we went back in 2007! Looks like they're doing worse than the Australians!

Gorgeous pictures as always Hanno!! I am so glad there are talks of a Spain trip in the future. After meeting Olivier on TPR trips, I've always wanted to check out Dragon Kahn, and now with this beast next to it??!!! Sign me up!

Oh thanks a lot David ! I'm very flattered I have been able to convey my passion for this specific coaster. You're awesome and I'm glad I took part to two trips you attended too ! hopefully more to come in the future ! By the way, anyone knows if the origin of those loose greasy parts has been found ? Is the issue solved and has the new hyper reopened full time since then ? Hopefully it's open when I ride it in August, but my nephew is going in 4 weeks and is now scared Shambhala might be closed (he DOES want to ride it before I do to make me jealous )