TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cliff's Amusement Park to receive Greezed Lightnin'

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

YAY!!!! Astroworld was my home park growing up, and Greezed Lightning was SUCH a blast! And can I hear an amen on the "lenient brakes" request? One of my biggest disappointments when riding the shuttle out at SFOG was the fact the brakes on the way back through the station slowed the train down so much I don't think the front car ever got off the horizontal. GL was allowed to travel WAY up that rear spike. What a ride!

Of course, now I just have to find a way to get to Albuquerque (no wrong left turns)

This is GREAT news!!! I have been hoping Cliff's would put in another coaster at some point. It is so awesome that it's going to be a Schwarzkopf!

I rode Greezed Lighting at Astroworld and I can't wait to ride it again. Hopefully sooner rather than later!!

Again this is just unbelievable news...who'd ever think we'd actually start to see classic Schwarzkopfs come, not to the end of the line, but furthering on. I do hope Bluegrass Boardwalk will dole out the money to get GL refurbed. That's the closest Anton shuttle to me...

This is FANTASTIC news, I love these coasters, nice to have one here.

As for where to put it, that parking lot strip might work, its usually used for adminstrative parking.

• 5 months later...

As much as I love the shuttle loop coasters, I honestly don't think they are a viable option for smaller parks. They are definitely not cheap to maintain. The complete lack of news makes me wonder if Cliff's is having second thoughts about this deal.

At this point in time I would venture to guess that you wouldn’t see anything going on at the park other that basic architectural drawing and gathering plans to be submitted to the building department. Most of the work would be taking place at Larson where the ride is being stored. I would assume that the ride would be repainted, trains refurbished and major repairs made on site and then shipped all pretty and new to the park for assembly sometime early next year.

I don't remember who it was I was talking to, but it was someone who would probably have insider info... anyway, I mentioned the coasters I was hoping to hit in 2013 and wondered aloud if it would be better to put Cliff's and Greezed Lightnin' with a Silver Dollar City trip or a Vegas trip. The person said, "you might want to plan on skipping Cliff's in 2013 if you're just going there for Lightnin' - just sayin.

No further info was given.

• 6 months later...

^^ it be cool if one of the proposed Houston theme parks could buy it or even a place already established here. Think how easy that would be advertise.

"One of the beloved coasters from Six Flags AstroWorld, right here in Houston for you to enjoy" Everyone and their mom would come out.