TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Eisner steps down

"Michael Eisner said Friday that the "turbulence" at the Walt Disney Co. during his reign as chief executive was just part of trying to do things better at one of the world's biggest entertainment companies.

Eisner, who survived a shareholder revolt last year, reflected on his 21 years at Disney as he planned to step down as CEO when his contract expires in three weeks. He spoke to The Associated Press at his company's newest theme park, Hong Kong Disneyland, which opens Monday."

Hmmm... Well, It should be interesting to see what happens at disney. Hopefully things get better, not worse.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe they'll stop building mediocre parks in China and build some here.

-Cal

Because we don't already have 6, and only 1 is "mediocre."

Name every park Disney has made in the last decade... besides DisneySea, how many good parks come to mind?

Disney does NOT need to build more parks here. They need to improve the ones they have. Especially MK, AK and DCA.

Disney does NOT need to build more parks here. They need to improve the ones they have. Especially MK, AK and DCA.

I'm surprised you said MK, but come to think of it, tonight I was like a) we need the kiddie rides Disneyland has, and bring back the buckets if possible and put in Matterhorney behind the chalet

AK is nothing but a propaganda machine designed by a small mind and DCA, well, maybe they need RNR starring No Doubt.

Maybe they'll stop building mediocre parks in China and build some here.

-Cal

God, I hate posts like this. Have you BEEN there? No! Do you know if it's "Mediocre?" No!

Tell you what, after we get back from HKDL I'll let you know if it's mediocre or not.

--Robb

To quote immortal WikiPedia:

"Although the ticket is the cheapest among all Disney theme parks, there are only 22 entertainment items in the Hong Kong Disneyland, comparing to 44 in each of the theme park of Paris, 45 in Tokyo and Florida, and 65 in California. The per-item cost is the highest among all Disney them parks."

No big thunder? No haunted mansion?

BUT according to WikiPedia:

The following attractions will be added soon for the Phase 1 extension:

Autopia (open in Summer 2006)

"it's a small world"

Peter Pan's Flight

Pirates of the Caribbean

Raging Spirits

We'll see what happens. Disney is still freaking out from Disneyland Paris' financial problems -- so maybe they are just playing it safe.

edit: more info from wp:

Autopia is already illustrated on the park guide map, and so therefore is definite. Raging Spirits is a jungle temple themed rollercoaster that recently debuted at Tokyo DisneySea, and will likely appear in Adventureland. Pirates of the Caribbean will take the format already created at Pirates of the Caribbean attractions at other Magic Kingdoms and mix it with the Splash Mountain format, creating a dark-ride with a log flume. Peter Pan's Flight and "it's a small world" are tried and tested classic Fantasyland slow-moving and appealing attractions.

To quote immortal WikiPedia:

"Although the ticket is the cheapest among all Disney theme parks, there are only 22 entertainment items in the Hong Kong Disneyland, comparing to 44 in each of the theme park of Paris, 45 in Tokyo and Florida, and 65 in California. The per-item cost is the highest among all Disney them parks."

No big thunder? No haunted mansion?

When you have hundreds of thousands of people who showed up over the past few weeks just to ride the train and "look" at the front gates, let alone the millions that will pour through the gates over the 1st two years, most of them probably not ever having been to a Disney park before, why not open a park with just enough attractions and shows for your average guest to fill a day, and then add more and more in the years to come.

Look, I'm not saying I agree with it, because I would much rather have all those rides there for opening day, but I certainly do understand it.

--Robb

Look, I'm not saying I agree with it, because I would much rather have all those rides there for opening day, but I certainly do understand it.

--Robb

I know, and I get the logistics too, they'll add to it, these things take time. I think there's just a part of us that wishes the full 65 attraction disneyland would be built, but that took 50 years impatience is not a virtue!

I always think back to MGM's opening year. Wow, that place had NOTHING. We were done with that in like two hours during the preview week!

I mean, what did they have, Catastrophe Canyon, Great Movie Ride, Indy Stunt Show, Superstar Television, Monster Sound Show, and the Animation Tour?

I honestly think that was about it! Star Tours wasn't even open then!

It's funny to think that Disney Studios Paris actually has MORE than MGM did for it's opening!

--Robb "And look at what MGM has become now!" Alvey

--Robb "And look at what MGM has become now!" Alvey

ToT and a bunch of other random stuff with no sense of cohesiveness? The DCA before there was a DCA?

I'm surprised you said MK, but come to think of it, tonight I was like a) we need the kiddie rides Disneyland has, and bring back the buckets if possible and put in Matterhorney behind the chalet

I am kinda bugged by the fact that Disneyland has all those Fantasyland dark rides and we don't (And I still don't understand why, seeing as MK is bigger.) I wouldn't mind seeing new versions of those added, or an improved POTC, but I'd rather see some kind of original E-ticket that exists nowhere else. MK needs something badly to set itself apart. Even our original replacement for Matterhorn, Space Mountain, was swiftly added to DL shortly after we got it. And we STILL have nothing to match.