TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Things to do while queuing at theme parks!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I usually do the following:

Eat

Simpson's Tapped Out App

Eat

TPR's Roller Coaster Trivia App

Eat

Make fun of other people

Eat

Nintendo 3DS StreetPass

Eat

TPR Forums

Eat

Facebook

Eat

Fixed

dt

Haha! That is totally true! I love it when they sell food throughout the lines. I love Dollywood and Silver Dollar CIty because they have skillets everywhere and I can grab one, or ten, and eat it while waiting.

I usually stare at the mechanical workings of the ride, watch other people in line, and inhale the sweet scent of the station - where the brakes and grease and whatnot all combine to form the intoxicating odor of amusement park nirvana.

Given the time spend in line, one could also presumably plot the overthrow of small nations, but I can't exactly suggest doing so for legal reasons.

• 10 months later...

Depends if I'm alone or with a group. If I'm alone I will sometimes pull out my phone and browse a bit. I also will pass the time just people watching. If I'm in a group I find it rude to be on my phone so I would just chat with them.

*In line for Maverick once, a friend of mine and I made up a very long elaborate handshake that we still do to this day.

*I usually try to meet new people around me if they're friendly. We usually talk about our respective home parks.

*I was in this long Flight of Fear queue once and everybody in the indoor cattlepen was goofing off. Random cheering, slow claps, I started a wave, fun stuff.

*I make music videos of my park visits, so sometimes I go over footage I've taken.

*Whine about how hot it is and how there's no decent shade and how loud the ride hardware is. (Dragster queue line only)

I am the jerk who likes to inform my fellow line mates about various ride accidents in line, bonus points if you can tell a story about a ride in the same park you are in or the same type of ride! I like telling the story of the coaster that killed 5 people in Canada. I also strike up random conversation with people, then I pull out the accident stories ( only true ones).

• 1 year later...

When I'm in a queue line at a park, I normally use my phone a lot. I'll check the TPR forums every now and then along with Facebook and Twitter, and sometimes I'll play the TPR trivia game. Besides those things, if possible, I enjoy just looking at the ride and watching it move. If I'm doing a trip report, I use queueing time to take plenty of pictures. If there is a TV in the queue line, I'll watch that too as long as it's not playing crappy content. I'll also talk with whoever is with me. If I'm not with anyone, I try to listen for funny GP comments because they happen all the time.