TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Magic Mountain in May

Hello,

I am new to this website.

Just wondering I am headed to SFMM in a couple of weeks May 9 (falls on a wednesday). Just wondering how busy the park will be. I know I went a couple of years back in mid March pretty much spring break and was there for 8 hours and went on 3 rides (waited 4 hours for goliath, 2 hours for X2, and another hour or so for Viper). I am concerned this is going to happen again so I was looking at Purchasing a Flash Pass.

But then again its the start of May and midweek will it be busy enough to spend the extra $100+ for the pass. I am from out of town so I would like to get a full day in and not only go on 3 rides again.

Any Advice would be great. Thanks

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As Wes said you should be fine, but make sure you are there EARLY (before opening) and go to the most popular stuff first. There is no excuse for only getting on three rides in eight hours even at the most busy poor run park out there.

If something is going on and it turns out to be busy, then grab a couple of rides first and get a Flash Pass.

Yeah I was thinking that it would be a good time people are still in school and such.

What is the approximate wait time around the start of may am i looking at 5 minute lines or 1 hour lines? just trying to decide how best to go about this. As I will only be able to spend one day at Magic Mountain and dont want to waste the whole day standing in lineups.

Another question I have if the day starts getting busier can i buy a flash pass inside the park? and if so does anyone know if the flash pass is more expensive at the park then it is online?

I'll simply echo what everyone else has said: you should be just fine. The only times I go to SFMM are either mid-week in early-mid May, or Superbowl Sunday. Flashpass should be entirely unnecessary. The only snag you might hit is if they decide to run all the rides with 1-train operations (that happened to me on a Thursday in May 2010). In that case, even a low crowd day can result in moderate lines. However, you can always get the aforementioned Flashpass. Even then, it is highly doubtful it will sell out. Get there, grab some rides, assess the situation, and buy the Flashpass if necessary (which it probably won't be).