TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point K'nex Contest

Me and my friend Micheal have created a roller coaster this year for the Cedar Point great thrill ride Build off this year just like we did last year. I noticed that another member posted their coaster on this site, and I thought you should get our perspective too. Last year, we also won (we had the suspended one) and we had a great time a Cedar Point, and when they added a first place we decided to try to get first place. Our coaster this year is called Project CP As you can see, our coaster is smaller than the other member's "mythos". Although we have the capacity to build one of his or her magnitude, we decided against it because we knew how hard it is to transport to Cedar Point. We also had to switch to the micro pieces for the same reason. Our goal was actually to have it fit through a doorway! We based the roller coaster with some mixed elements of B&M's new wing rider, as well as their older coaster types. We also tried to make it realistic by using supports that are actually tubes, like on a modern steel coaster. These are more complicated to make than you think. We even had cat walks and a tension wheel to help control the chain. We obviously went for realism. I am not asking you to vote for us, but to vote for your favorite, but I do ask you to consider ours, because we think it is quite impressive. Here is where you can vote http://www.knex.com/News_and_Events/Thrill-Ride-Build-Off-2012-Vote.php *you can vote once per day*

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, so...

I deleted the other thread, and left this one to put in here. Both of these guys know that the threads have been pulled.

I kind of don't like this whole advertising thing, for several reasons -

• You have to register at an external site
  • They seem to be trying to outdo each other (It IS a competition...)
  • Reading the rules of the contest, it's supposed to be student GROUPS, not individuals

I'm not so sure about this. Should we re-establish it? I'm sure the only reason the member "Knexrule11" exists is so he can solicit votes for his coaster, and he will probably disappear after the contest is over.

If we decide on re-establishing it, I'll make a thread for all the entrants at once.

Yeah, I ended up just making a "check this out" thread for that contest. Much easier, and no one gets called out for soliciting votes.