TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Accident at Magical Midway

From this article it is not clear exactly what happened. Did part of the track collapse on to a lower track which resulted in two drivers crashing into the debris?

Not a good 12 months for Magical Midway

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-04-18/news/os-go-kart-accident-orlando-20120417_1_magical-midway-starflyer-track

Girl's leg slashed after extreme go-kart track collapses on I-Drive

7:48 a.m. EST, April 18, 2012|Susan Jacobson, Orlando Sentinel

An 11-year-old girl was taken to a hospital Tuesday after a portion of "extreme go-kart tracks" collapsed at Magical Midway on International Drive.

Two go-karts crashed during the 7:45 p.m. collapse, causing the child to suffer a cut on her leg, said John Mulhall, an Orange County Fire Rescue spokesman. She was taken to Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children in Orlando.

Ads by Google

A man complained of chest pains at the same time, but it's not clear whether his symptoms were related to the track collapse. He was taken to nearby Dr. P. Phillips Hospital, authorities said.

Magical Midway's website invites customers to ride its "fast tracks as you whip around corkscrew turns and feel the jolts at high speeds." They are advertised as "extreme go-kart tracks."

Edited by larrygator

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I just drove by there a few minutes ago, and I didn't see any major collapse on the track. There were some workers with hammers nailing in some boards on one portion of the track, so it seems like just a board or two might have broken. If that was the case, I could understand how the jolt from a go kart hitting that would cause someone to cut their leg. Now that was just what I could view from outside the park (it doesn't open until 2), so something worse might have happened further back, but that's all I could see. Seems like the media is sensationalizing what happened.