TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR - A.J. goes to a Six Flags Park!

Front row on the two airtime machines in the park? Man, I expected a lot more out of you Andrew...I'm glad you seemed to have a good time though. I also took my very first trip to SFGAdv the day after you, and I must say their selection of rides is pretty awesome compared to some of the other Six Flags parks I've been to. It seems Sunday was a lot less busy than Saturday as we were able to ride every coaster in the park at least once (except Rolling Thunder left) and El Toro seven times (yup, seven). You definitely should have went straight to KK and ET first, as no one was in line when we went and were able to re-ride the backseat 3 times in a row without having to get up! Some remarks about your TR and general comments:

- I also noticed that a lot of the park's rides looked like they were in dire need of a paint job, but complaining about rusting bolts is a little over the top. There's nothing the park can really do about rusting bolts aside from painting them, and honestly the only people who notice this are coaster enthusiasts.

- When we first got in line for S:UE, cycles were taking about ~2 minutes. I think a manager might have said something to the crew because they were FLYING after awhile and had very little stacking.

- I did not find KK to be rough at all. We waited 4 cycles for the front seat and the ride seemed fine to me. If the ride didn't have OTSRs, I'd probably say it was better than TTD (not saying much as I don't like TTD at all). My gripe with the ride was the ride operator who repeated "Unbuckle your seatbelt" 500 times from the time the train entered the station to when we got out of the train.

- Green Lantern was decent, but I haven't been on Mantis is quite some time. There was really only one part that I had any serious headbanging and overall I enjoyed the ride.

- Worst ride in the park: Road Runner Railway. Whoever designed this ride (including the last turn into the station) should seriously stop making rides. I really don't know how parents take their kids on this ride after being slammed to the side and almost having my sunglasses tossed.

- Rolling Thunder reminded me of a wooden Arrow looper. Unnecessary banking and pretty rough. Still doesn't top Grizzly at CGA for roughness though. Also, whats with the random 2x4s over the track before the brake run?

- Lastly, after riding El Toro I feel like I have ruined riding any other wooden coaster. It's going to be extremely hard for another wooden coaster to dethrone ET as my favorite woody.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

- Lastly, after riding El Toro I feel like I have ruined riding any other wooden coaster. It's going to be extremely hard for another wooden coaster to dethrone ET as my favorite woody.

QFT!

I find every other woodie pales in comparison.

Guy "Have to ride Balder & T-express!" Koepp

I really like riding in the front though! I mean, I know if I would have done El Toro in the back I would have gotten to experience the OMGLIFEFLASHINGBEFOREMYEYES first drop, but I think the outrageously long airtime going over the camelbacks (and going over the hill in the middle) was worth it; ejected about three-quarters of the way up, back on the seat about halfway down.

Something else, I'm not the kind of person who goes out of their way to get every single credit. I thought I was that kind of person before, but I realized that I go to parks to have fun, not to go out of the way to get every single coaster. I ride coasters that I think I'll like a lot, because that way I have little to complain about; and I definitely have little to complain about Nitro, El Toro, and even Blackbeard's Lost Treasure Train.

My gripe with the ride was the ride operator who repeated "Unbuckle your seatbelt" 500 times from the time the train entered the station to when we got out of the train.

"How was your ride? Unbuckle your seatbelt, unbuckle your seatbelt, unbuckle seatbelt, unbuckle your seatbelt, unbuckle, unbuck-, unbuckle your seatbelt, unbuckle, unbuckle and exit to the left."

My gripe with the ride was the ride operator who repeated "Unbuckle your seatbelt" 500 times from the time the train entered the station to when we got out of the train.

"How was your ride? Unbuckle your seatbelt, unbuckle your seatbelt, unbuckle seatbelt, unbuckle your seatbelt, unbuckle, unbuck-, unbuckle your seatbelt, unbuckle, unbuckle and exit to the left."

And there was probably still one person on the train that tried to get up without unbuckling their seatbelt.

I agree the visual scans look stupid but they are necessary to look if anyone is in "danger" and remember we're in sue-happy USA!

The visual scan looks like a particularly awkward dance move.

Maybe the whole point of the visual scan is to let dispatch know you did look. It would be hard to tell if all the ops did a visual like they are supposed too but by looking a little silly you know. Just a thought.

Maybe the whole point of the visual scan is to let dispatch know you did look. It would be hard to tell if all the ops did a visual like they are supposed too but by looking a little silly you know. Just a thought.

^Bingo! And that makes the lawyers happy. Laws are not consistent by state and I don't know why only SFGAdv has this policy but I'm sure someone in the legal department is behind it.

Entertaining Trip Report AJ!

I must admit and concur that you missed out on something incredible by NOT trying the back seat of El Toro (MY #2 ranked woodie). What an awesome experience!!

I've found that the same coaster can give you completely different ride experiences depending on your position on the train. For instance, the first time I rode your #1, Phoenix, I rode in the back. Meh. It probably doesn't crack my top 20. BUT THEN I rode in the front! OMFG!!!! What an amazing ride!!! After a dozen or so spins in various rows, I concluded that the best ride on Phoenix (MY #3 ranked woodie) is in ROW 3. VASTLY different ride experience between front and back on that one.

So what's my #1 woodie???? VOYAGE. Based on my 2006 rides when it was brand new.

-MR Bebe

At SFoT we do visual scans but don't do a silly "shied" thing that just looks soo odd. We look back and forth one time left to right. It is like a final safety check called "Dispatch 180" at coasters we just say "Visual Scan" and look for people in the station or in the Danger Areas of the ride. At flats we count down from 5 and go left to right to ensure no people are in danger in the ride area. It looks strange to a guest but to a ride operator it seems very logical to use. I do think they help us catch things that we might not regularly see. At Titan I have caught things I would have never seen if Visual Scan was not in place. It also helps you pay more attention to the ride and not stare into space. At SFoT our scans are slow and not a fast dash from left to right, but we take our time and get in trouble if you do it to fast. Now at Great Adventure I think they have turned that in to an Extreme thing with the shield thing just looks stupid they need to tone it down and go slower.