TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Guangzhuo stopover

therooboy

Hi

We have unexpectedly been given day long stopovers in Guangzhuo China to & from Europe this summer.

Arriving very early mornings & leaving very late both nights.

Looking at the positives, this has thrown us the opportunity to visit Hong Kong Disney, the remaining Disney park we had not been to.... bonus!

But what for the other day, if we decide to go out to another park, which one.

I've been to Ocean Park, that was ok, but nothing special. A new park would probably be of more interest.

Was thinking of Knights Valley (for its wood coaster) or maybe the nearby Happy Valley

What would you guys do?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

aah good old China Southern I presume, notorious for there stopovers. Just wanted to let you know before you go planning or pre-purchasing anything you will require a Chinese Visa to leave the airport. Otherwise sounds like a good idea, sorry I couldn't be more helpful, just thought that was vital information to know.

thanks & yes,good educated guess, i wish i was aware earlier.

Nonetheless we think we can work the change to our benefit.

Just reading up on our needs for possibly a china & hong kong visa entry.

Can you message me your email address. I work for Flight Centre and can get you all the visa information you need, forms, requirements, etc. If you want to leave the airport in both directions you will need a multi entry visa.

Thank you

I have emailed you my details.

We want to hit Hong Kong Disney first on the way over & likely hit Happy Valley or Knights Valley on our return, so we can leave it til the day to decide which, if any, of those.

Other than Ocean Park, there is also Chimelong Paradise. I think that covers whats major nearby park/coasterwise.

Would appreciate any info i may have missed.

^Keep in mind you need to allow probably 4 hours each way to be safe getting from Guangzhou to Hong Kong Disney with the border crossing and Chinese traffic in a very busy area.

May be a better idea to save Hong Kong for the future and stick to something closer to where you'll be.

Post edited.

Thanks for all the info & advise.

Yes, unless we risked flying in & out of Hong Kong on the same day, Hong Kong Disneyland is working out too difficult time wise.The wet season is too risky to chance with just the one day.

Happy Valley & Chimelong here we come