TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

East Coast Bash! Aug 4th & 5th - Kings Dominion & BGW

Will you be attending East Coast Bash?  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be attending East Coast Bash?

• YES!

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You'll get lunch *including beer*, a backstage tour, and more TPR fun that will be announced at East Coast Bash!

That was in the email today. I don't even know how KD does beer. I'm used to getting in line or going anywhere with my beer at Busch. I was thinking of staying in Richmond Friday night to get a little closer to the park.

^KD has sold beer in a some of their restaurants for quite some time (for example, the pizza parlor in the Grove). The last time TPR held an East Coast Bash there, they had a keg of Sam Adams.

OK. So I have sort of a hard choice to make.

My buddy is working at Busch this season. I'll be crashing at his place with my friend James and we will both (James and I) be at Day 1 of ECB at KD. We have purchased tickets.

Now, we are definitely going to Busch on the fifth, but neither of my friends want to pay for the event. They instead want to use the discount my buddy can get us and just buy quick queue on its own.

I'm debating about me just buying a ticket for ECB at Busch, and letting James buy a discounted ticket. I understand that he will not be able to participate in ERT or the tour or lunch, so basically I'd be ditching them during those.

Basically, how much will I be kicking my own arse if I only do the KD day of ECB?

If you don't get in on the bash at BGW, definitely get the Quick Queue, then at least you wont have to stand in line for everything. That being said, if your friends don't mind, the event price is well worth the cost for everything Robb and Elissa put together. See you there either way!

^I'm going to have a decision made by tomorrow. My friends are not going for it though. Basically with QQ and our tickets it's about half the cost (employee discount), of coarse no ERT, no food, no tour... I think I'm going to end up ditching my friends for those parts of the day and just do it!

Either way, I'll be at KD.

I'm going for both days, it should be awesome! I'll be in town for business and already figured I'd at least make a visit to BGW, so it worked out perfectly when I realized ECB will be happening at the same time. Anyways, I'm looking forward to seeing folks from TPR trips, glorious i305 ERT, and getting my first ride on Verbolten!

I got my tickets for both days! Due to some of my friends not affording Bush's day, I'll be going alone and would love to meet up with some people and hang for the day!

I'm in the same boat!

Solo to KD so I need to hang with some of the TPR gang that day.

IDK when email with details is coming but we do have ERT for I305, Volcano and Dominator right?

Looking forward to next weekend, as the previous two weekends have kind of sucked (spent part of them at the office).

On the upside, next weekend will be a three-day one for me--yay!

First TPR event, and second coaster enthusiast event! I'll only be at Kings Dominion for the same reason as many others. That, and my family is coming with me though they won't be part of the event. I don't want to drag them everywhere.

Can't wait!

I got my tickets for both days! Due to some of my friends not affording Bush's day, I'll be going alone and would love to meet up with some people and hang for the day!

I'm in the same boat!

IDK when email with details is coming but we do have ERT for I305, Volcano and Dominator right?

Just bought tickets and same issues... If you guys want to hang out around the park let me know....

can't wait for the event!!!

First, TPR event. I'm assuming we'll get an email this week about meetup times and such? When do these things usually start?

I'm also curious. Went cheap and didn't book a hotel and chose to stay with friends...and hour away. I forsee one VERY long day ahead for me.

I'm in the same boat!

Just bought tickets and same issues... If you guys want to hang out around the park let me know....

can't wait for the event!!!

Funny I'm kind of a shy guy, not like me to just buy tickets to a coaster enthusiast event..let alone drive to VA by myself to meet with strangers.

I think it'll be a good thing for me. Deff excited to meet some awesome people!

I'm game to hang with anyone willing, just an FYI I didn't get fast pass. Though I guess I could when arriving at the park still.

I'm getting very excited.I will be flying in early on Friday and out late on Monday. I am looking forward to seeing one of my childhood friends I haven't seen in 22 years. I know the two day event will be long, but now after doing WCB for numerous years I know what to expect. I know I will carry some 5 hour energy with me . I think the coaster I am looking forward to most is Griffon. I will be my 1st dive coaster.

SOOO looking forward to this!! Anyone who is flying solo and worried about meeting people - don't worry! If anything - come find me. I'll be with friends from previous TPR Trips, but I love to meet new people and I've never met a stranger!!

My avatar is my picture and I'll be with the catty and lauging group. We're hard to miss!!

David