TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

East Coast Bash! Aug 4th & 5th - Kings Dominion & BGW

Will you be attending East Coast Bash?  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be attending East Coast Bash?

• YES!

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thinking about driving up from Charlotte with my 17 year old son for the Busch Gardens day. We have never been to the park. What ticketing options do you recommend? Do we need a QQ? What are the benefits of the optional tour? Does tour let you ride anything with no lines? Looking for a little direction before we place the order? Thanks!

^I always recommend the Quick Queue...why stand in line if you don't have to! It's a weekend day, one of the last of the summer so it should be quite busy.

The tour is very good if you're interested in behind the scenes workings of the coasters. If this is something that interests you, then the tour will be a true highlight of your day. If you're not as into that stuff and would rather be riding, then skip it. The tour does not let you ride any of the big stuff, it's all about behind the scenes.

I didn't get fast pass, can I still get one when I get to KD if I choose to?

Silly I know but my cash was limited and couldn't swing it at the time.

And again: Anyone know if something gets mailed to us? It said so in the confirmation email, but I believe the trip page said nothing would be.

Just wanna make sure my $ is there and I wont drive to VA and be denied

^As long as Fast Lane passes are still available when you go to the booth that morning you can buy one just like the normal general public could.

Nothing will be sent to you ahead of time, other than emails. Just keep checking your inbox as we get closer for final instructions.

^As long as Fast Lane passes are still available when you go to the booth that morning you can buy one just like the normal general public could.

Nothing will be sent to you ahead of time, other than emails. Just keep checking your inbox as we get closer for final instructions.

Excellent.

OK like I said Im a noob with this stuff, pay pal says the $55 has been sent but I'm not sure it has yet? lol

I'll be waiting patiently!

^It's up to you. We will have ERT in the morning before the park opens and ERT at night after the park closes, so you're looking at an at least 14 hour day at the park. It depends how long of a drive it is and how well you do driving while tired!

^ The drive to your room is definitely an important point. I've reserved a room in Williamsburg because the inconvenience of a long drive on Saturday is not as great as it would be for me to endure a long drive on Sunday when I'll have much less energy by the end of the day. Just my reasoning behind things.

I think i am going to go both days... Wanted to know if anyone is coming from NC and wanted to car pool... Also were is everyone staying overnight? Does anyone know the best place to stay? I have been to both parks before but i have not been to an TPR event and just trying to work out all the details.

There are some hotels near BGW, but there isn't much else out there (mostly offices). There are more restaurants on Richmond Road, Williamsburg's main tourist area, so you might want to concentrate on staying there.

Edited by cfc

^

1) Not sure, but an email to Robb or Elissa couldn't hurt.

2) TPR Water Challenge is exactly what it sounds like. You ride a coaster with a cup of water. Whoever comes back with the most water wins. Most people don't come back with a whole lot of water in their cup.

I've done two Water Challenges and both were amazingly fun. Hopefully there is one coming for ECB.

2. What the heck is a TPR Water Challenge?

It usually involves a cup of water and a roller coaster. The idea is to make it back to the station with some water still in the cup.

It usually involves a cup of water and a roller coaster. The idea is to make it back to the station with some water still in the cup.

Who needs water rides?

Who needs water rides?

I don't get it.

Great news everyone!!! I can confirm we will have ERT on Intimidator 305 both morning AND night at East Coast Bash!

If you haven't gotten your East Coast Bash tickets yet, get them now! http://www.themeparkreview.com/store/index.php?categoryID=22

East Coast Bash is at Kings Dominion on Saturday August 4th, and Busch Gardens Williamsburg on Sunday, August 5th.

DON'T MISS THIS EVENT!!!!

--Robb Alvey

www.themeparkreview.com