TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

East Coast Bash! Aug 4th & 5th - Kings Dominion & BGW

Will you be attending East Coast Bash?  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be attending East Coast Bash?

• YES!

Are there any people from the west coast planning to attend?

I know a few people who are planning on making a "mini trip" out of this, me included.

We are doing Hersheypark, Knoebels, Dorney, SFGAdv during the week before heading down the KD on Friday. Flying into PHI on the 30th, out of DCA on the 6th.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just grabbed my tickets. KD is my old home park. I went back when they opened I305. I look very much forward to ERT. I haven't been to BGW for over 20 years.I am definitely looking forward to this. I grabbed the La Quinta in Doswell for KD, then two nights at the Omni in Newport News for the day at BGW. Newport News was a little farther than what I really wanted, but I got The Omni for 51 a night. I couldn't pass that up!

Edited by cedarpointfangirl

I have yet to visit either park. Needless to say, I am really looking forward to visiting both KD and BGW (I will finally have the opportunity to ride Intimidator 305, Apollo's Chariot, Volcano, etc).

Of course, this is my first TPR event. Yes, I am pretty excited.

Are there any people from the west coast planning to attend?

I know a few people who are planning on making a "mini trip" out of this, me included.

We are doing Hersheypark, Knoebels, Dorney, SFGAdv during the week before heading down the KD on Friday. Flying into PHI on the 30th, out of DCA on the 6th.

Sounds fun, I've made plans to visit relatives in the area, but if you do this again next year I'd be interested in joining the group if there's room.

I may go...The only thing that is really stopping me right now is family. I'm not sure when my extended family is coming over to visit, but I think it's the weekend after this bash. That's honestly the only thing stopping me, because I have more then enough money to cover this, and I control what days I work..haha.

That being said, if they are coming over the next weekend, I'm going to be buying the tickets and booking the flights as soon as I can!

West Coast Bash was pretty fun, I'm ready for another bash!

TPR East Coast Bash Question - backstage tour – worth the additional cost?

We’re headed to ECB this year, and we’re looking at the $40 pp BGW backstage tour. We’ve been on West Coast Bash in 2010 and did backstage tours of Goliath (SFMM) and the Calico Mine train ride (KBF). While it was really cool to see behind the scenes, I don’t think it would’ve been worth an additional $40 each. What’s different about the BGW tour that has it costing so much more than the ECB entrance fees? Is it one of the standard tours listed on the BGW website? Has anyone done one of these before, and if so can you tell us what made it worthwhile?

We’ve also done US Orlando Behind the Screams tour during Halloween Horror Nights (haunts with the lights on!) and that was worth the $$ and we like seeing the inner workings of the parks, but pure coaster engineering isn’t always our biggest interest. So fellow, TPR fanatics, should we splurge and buy tix for the backstage tour at BGW?

Thanks for your input.

Backstage tours at BGW are very interesting (done them twice, myself). I can't speak for what Robb and Elissa have planned for ECB, of course, but I think you'll find the tours well worth doing.

I like KD and have been dying to ride I305 (despite quite a few people who have told me it's not that great).

Only thing is I live in NJ, and it's not that far a drive....but anyone who's been: Is it worth it?

Looks like we get some exclusive ride time and that alone is tempting! Is that part of the price?

Also...our these trips just a good time in general?

If so I'll be buying ASAP!

Oh, also sounds like we meet up early...any idea when this will/usually happens? Day of arrival? I'll think about getting a cheap hotel or staying with friends about an hour away depending.

I hope to be working by then and since I have a 5ish hour drive guess I'll need to take off work the Friday before. ha

There are some hotels near Kings Dominion--A Best Western in the park parking lot, and three across the street (Country Inn and Suites, La Quinta, and Days Inn).

It's definitely worth it.

Is this usually a group thing? Or do people often split off/do their own thing?

I only ask because I will almost certainly be making this trek alone...so I want a group and meet people!

I've gotten split off and done a park alone before and it sucks lol

This is as simple as we meet and go?

If so I'll be buying ASAP. Been wanting to do KD and I305 but had no good "reason" to go this year, so this is perfect

As long as the TPR bunch is friendly and willing to let me hang with em then ok:

Count me in for King's Dominion

Edit: Oh final...does everyone get fast pass? I'm strapped at the moment and would like to not fork out the extra 35, unless everyone does. I'll sell some blood then.

I only ask because I will almost certainly be making this trek alone...so I want a group and meet people!

If so I'll be buying ASAP. Been wanting to do KD and I305 but had no good "reason" to go this year, so this is perfect

People pretty much go off and do their own thing. Could you imagine showing up for a ride and telling the Op you have a party of 100+?

We all get together at meals, etc but for the most part people just hang out with others they know (friends/family). In fact, many people have met awesome friends at these events or TPR Trips.

People pretty much go off and do their own thing. Could you imagine showing up for a ride and telling the Op you have a party of 100+?

We all get together at meals, etc but for the most part people just hang out with others they know (friends/family). In fact, many people have met awesome friends at these events or TPR Trips.

I think ya know what I meant ; ) and sure enough my question was answered. Like I said, I'm going solo just dont wanna end up alone but TPR seems like a fun bunch, surely some wont mind if I tag on. I could use awesome new friends anyway, mine dont like coasters enough.

And I'm stoked for this ERT.

I would imagine u would find someone to hang with. I remember the first year I went to West Coast Bash I went solo. First time in L.A. I met Jim and we stayed together the rest of the day. Year after year we met up for the Bash. Last year I went for two weeks and we did Disney and a bunch of other things around L.A. This year I skipped WCB to meet him for a week for us to do Knotts Haunt, and other stuff like The Queen Mary. U meet some great people at these events. Share the love of coasters with people who truly appreciate them like u do. I like to be on my own at times. Shop, take pics at my own speed. I have friends in VA who are gonna meet me at the parks during normal hours . Regardless, TPR events are priceless. You will have the time of ur life.

Edited by cedarpointfangirl

I would imagine u would find someone to hang with. I remember the first year I went to West Coast Bash I went solo. First time in L.A. I met Jim and we stayed together the rest of the day. Year after year we met up for the Bash. Last year I went for two weeks and we did Disney and a bunch of other things around L.A. This year I skipped WCB to meet him for a week for to do Knotts Haunt, And other stuff like Queen Mary. U meet some great people on these trips. Share the love of coasters with people who truly appreciate them like u do. I like to be on my own at times. Shop, take pics at my own speed. I have friends in VA who are gonna meet me at the parks during normal hours . Regardless, TPR events are priceless. You will have the time of ur life.

Awesome!

Don't get me wrong, I couldn't turn down a good park and ERT anyway!

You have a good point, I love taking pics but hate being that guy who slows things up, and though I have some great coaster friends they aren't willing to..lets say take an impromptu 5 hour drive to KD

I'm stoked

I can definitely vouch for making friends on the bash days... I met lots of awesome people at WCB day, but in particular 3 people from San Diego, i even booked a detour on the way home from LeviaTHON and New Hotness to stop in San Diego for a day.

Awesome. Stoked for this. Would love to make some coaster enthusiast friends.

The confirmation order mentioned tickets (or something) being mailed to me but the event page said they would not be...and tickets are at KD for pick up.

I'm guessing it's the latter?

End of n00b questions I swear.