TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Tokyo Disney Resort Discussion Thread

So random question, I finally got around to finishing Kingdom Hearts III, the last of the KH games I haven't beaten on my PlayStation and one of the big things that comes up throughout the series is Roxas, Axel, and Xion eating the sea-salt ice cream. Got bored and then curious so decided to look it up if this was a Japan favorite flavor that I'd missed on all my trips. I've seen a ton of weird ice-cream flavors in Japan but never that so I wondered why it was in the games.

Turns out it's not a Japanese thing I missed, but a Tokyo DisneySea thing, I've somehow missed. Despite multiple trips to TDS and playing all the games in the KH franchise I somehow missed out on this. Has anyone tried it at the park, between popcorn buckets, and where was it available? When I'm back from work I'll look through my photos and see if I've been an idiot and it's everywhere and I was too busy finding popcorn to notice this.

image.png.4cca1febd2ab2de4ed04bb66008a81f4.png

Source

8 hours ago, Garet said:

So random question, I finally got around to finishing Kingdom Hearts III, the last of the KH games I haven't beaten on my PlayStation and one of the big things that comes up throughout the series is Roxas, Axel, and Xion eating the sea-salt ice cream. Got bored and then curious so decided to look it up if this was a Japan favorite flavor that I'd missed on all my trips. I've seen a ton of weird ice-cream flavors in Japan but never that so I wondered why it was in the games.

Turns out it's not a Japanese thing I missed, but a Tokyo DisneySea thing, I've somehow missed. Despite multiple trips to TDS and playing all the games in the KH franchise I somehow missed out on this. Has anyone tried it at the park, between popcorn buckets, and where was it available? When I'm back from work I'll look through my photos and see if I've been an idiot and it's everywhere and I was too busy finding popcorn to notice this.

image.png.4cca1febd2ab2de4ed04bb66008a81f4.png

Source

I didn't have that one when I was there but had this outside the Agrabah marketplace store on the map in the Arabian coast area at one of those portable ice cream stands. It was pretty good. This was a few years back so might not be there anymore but when I was looking for a picture of it google says its available in the mermaid lagoon area too. I'm not sure about the one in your post though, I never saw that one but wasn't actively looking for it either.

Not my picture but this is what I had... spacer.png

^ Thanks, I'm only a 90 min flight from Osaka or an 2 hour flight from Tokyo so hopefully when corona is done I can get back to Japan. I think the pictured one in my post is probably not for sale anymore, since it seems although the flavor is an exclusive TDS staple, they do constantly update and change it. In the game, they're ice lollies, which was inspired by the creator's TDS trip, and that seems to have come from a really long time ago since I've never seen an official picture, only fan recreations.

• Like 1

Yes!

I had it from the mobile stand over in front of  the Boardwalk area (between Tower of Terror! and Toy Story Mania!)

the "shell" was a bit soggy, but really tasted kinda like a drumstick, and the ice cream was a slightly caramel with salt flavor.   It was quite enjoyable, tho a bit mild.

i could be mixing up with something else, but I *think* this also had a small amount of raspberry jam in the center?

IMG_2125.JPG

IMG_2126.thumb.JPG.fab20bdb827b03cb191c5f4f0b21c6e0.JPG

IMG_2127.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

Corona is the highest it's ever been in Japan, but unlike last year when numbers were much lower the parks are running, albeit, with limited capacity and lottery based ticket reservations. If even super safety conscious Japan is trying to now adjust into a 'living with corona' type situation of balancing the economy vs infection rate, I really hope travel can resume in 2022.

• Like 1