TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Tokyo Disney Resort Discussion Thread

p. 78 - TONS of new Fantasy Springs info!

-Dainan "Who knows when i'll go back ?" Rafferty

It really was (before this rehab) an *EXACT* clone of Anahiem's. Of all the rides that could be closed in TDL, this is probably the best one to have be closed! Did you enjoy TDR?

Oh, I loved TDL! It's just that SM has always been "my ride". But Journey to The Center Of The Earth was AMAZING! But I always wanted to ride the first verions od Disneyland's, and now I never will.

I really think that the WDW version could use an update/redesign. I would like the overall track design to be to the style of the current version but the ride could be so much better just from the way steel coasters are designed and built today.

As for Tokyo Disney, I guess they have to somehow try to make their version of all their rides better than the rest, even if they fail sometimes.

Space Mountain in the Magic Kingdom (WDW) is going down for a refurb. It will be getting new trains, which will now use an audio soundtrack (this being the last SM to have no music), and the track will be smoothed out. Now, in the Scream Scape article it says, rebuild (like Disneyland's), but from what I was told, that's not the case. It'll definnately be smoothed out. And the station and unload platform will be re-done to be handicap friendly. It'll use a transfer track to get on handicapped and off.

http://www.screamscape.com/html/wdw_-_magic_kingdom.htm

Here's the screamscape link!

-Dainan "I'm disagreeing on it from what the Imagineer and CM's told me" Rafferty

• 1 month later...

On April 27, 2007, Rockin' Space Mountain at Disneyland finally ended. However, Tokyo Disneyland revealed a brand-new Space Mountain. The ride has been closed for about 5 months for needed maintence and rehab.

The ride now features newly-painted rockets (but no soundtrack), new effects in the mountain, lift hills have been upgraded, air gates added, the queue line has been rethemed, and the mountain seems darker (hard to tell).

A POV video has been uploaded on www.youtube.com:

There are a few pictures and videos on this website (be careful, it's in Japanese):

www.toms-net.com/DeepDisney/

(Pick the second link from below up)

The lighting effect along the ceiling and walls of the station look awesome. Really adds a kinetic energy to the station...I like it better than the video screen we got in California. The station still seems bright like the old Disneyland version, which is a good thing IMO.

I'm also digging the lighting on the rocket booster part of the trains (is that lighting or just glow in the dark paint?) Did anyone else notice the lighting effect when the train pulled in the station and stopped in the waiting area?

I LOVE it! I'm drooling over those light strips, along the top corner of the station celing. The POV was appreciated, but you couldn't see much. First lift looks pretty damn neat, but it goes dark after that. The second lift looks cool too, with the lightning effects, but you cant really see it much. Hopefully we'll get a better POV--maybe around September time.

Hope to see some better coverage of this thing. And definitely hope to ride it one day.

-Jahan

For some reason I've always regarded as this one being the worst despite not have ridden any of them but I think I might be changing my mind...

(Its a shame they did'nt add music, its one of the rides weak spots IMO)

:b

I LOVE it! I'm drooling over those light strips, along the top corner of the station celing. The POV was appreciated, but you couldn't see much. First lift looks pretty damn neat, but it goes dark after that. The second lift looks cool too, with the lightning effects, but you cant really see it much. Hopefully we'll get a better POV--maybe around September time.

Hope to see some better coverage of this thing. And definitely hope to ride it one day.

-Jahan

September? Why September?

• 1 year later...

The Tokyo Disney Resort just opened their newest hotel and it is absolutely stunning! I know where I want to stay the next time I visit TDR!

56.thumb.jpg.4e00944088cd304053d9272a6a8937d3.jpg

One final pic, the pool area.

43bis.thumb.jpg.5f8ffe29a32548bd1bca68aea36a788f.jpg

24.thumb.jpg.3d7a1f690dee2824ef1e560b83b1184e.jpg

One of the restaurants

31.thumb.jpg.dffb37fc1a49cd23ba542314cf8e1592.jpg

One of the restaurants

18.thumb.jpg.a0a3e5a87be83d0cd94058d855a4b373.jpg

A suite

10.thumb.jpg.c00fb05ed6ccd7ed1fe5fd5c7760207f.jpg

Two pictures of a deluxe room - the same, with two different colours

6.thumb.jpg.c49d6abfeb15f1a077c74a50d9eb7ec6.jpg

Two pictures of a deluxe room - the same, with two different colours.

37.thumb.jpg.5aa4e5f49ff72dd230907a1dbb0f782e.jpg

5.thumb.jpg.445605ba03167ac3244829ee3293e9b2.jpg

4.thumb.jpg.a30baaab84c5e8d370c4a24cfdf053ba.jpg

The gorgeous lobby.

2bis.thumb.jpg.16678b2a004ff4b74fd7642ad2190c03.jpg

The entrance and courtyard.

1bis.thumb.jpg.2897ad11c192efb3b0a0cda3189246ca.jpg