TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Tokyo Disney Resort Discussion Thread

p. 78 - TONS of new Fantasy Springs info!

That was absolutely AMAZING! *stunned*

I must say that i believe this is better then Fantasmic at DLR. I absolutely love it at DLR but I believe this was just absolutely stunning visually! Also, those barges are about as big as, if not bigger than, the stage on Tom Sawyer's Island! THOSE WERE MASSIVE! Disney is just fantastic overall! (besides the design of California Adventure )

Admittedly, when I first heard that Tokyo DisneySEA will be replacing BraviSEAmo with another "Fantasmic!" I was worried that it was going to be a carbon copy of the show in California and Florida.

Of course, this being Tokyo Disney Resort, I was blown away!

This is a fantastic version of "Fantasmic!" It retains a lot of the charm and spectacle of the other two shows and yet it also tries many new things, such as the blue Sorcerer's Hat. It even has a bit of World of Color and Epcot's Illuminations in it.

However, I'll still say that I like the California version better. You just can't beat the original!

Edited by spacemtfan

Hopefully, I'll still say that I like the California version better. You just can't beat the original!

Well, you also have to remember that most SoCal Disney nerds aren't allowed to say they like something better at another park, even if deep down they do.

Edited by robbalvey

wow, that was stunning!!

I saw fantastic at orlando and I liked it very much (altought I know that the california version is better), but this.....OMG, it's so unreal!!

the mirror is so cool and the dragon is incredible. the fireworks effects are so cool....wow, Tokyo disneyland really rules...I hope to visit it someday

Well, you also have to remember that most SoCal Disney nerds aren't allowed to say they like something better at another park, even if deep down they do.

That's not true with me. Sure I still rank California's Fantasmic overall, but I'll admit to Hong Kong Disneyland having a better Space Mountain than ours as well as Tokyo Disneyland having a better Monsters Inc. ride than the one in DCA.

The only Fantasmic I've seen, is the original in DL back in (gulps) March 1996,

a couple of years after DL had premiered it, in the Rivers of America.

And I still have the souvenir pictorial program too - squeeel! But...

Am tempted to see the vids, but I want to be surprised in June

when I stake out my viewing spot (at least

an hour) before it all starts and see for myself,

on the upcoming TPR Japan Tour, there.

In the meantime.... Woo Hoo - Can't Wait!

That is all.

^Make sure to have your parade mat ready to stake out your spot! Gosh, I love Tokyo Disney!!!!

I do! I do, Elissa!

It's actually a disgustingly useless 15th Anniversary teatowel I bought in Disneyland Paris back in 2007, LOL!

Hardly dries the dishes, and has a rough weave - but probably a perfect Parade Mat

(and park entry sitting mat, hmmm?) for sitting on, HAH!

I've been savin' this one up for that very purpose AND park(s), Elissa!

(EDIT to note, to make sure I am on every future TPR Japan Tour, with TDL & TDS as well.)

Great.... Now whenever I watch Fantasmic! at Disneyland, I'm going to be singing Imagination! Imagination! at the finale!

I honestly think this is an outstanding production, and I also believe like with WOC, the videos online do not do the show justice!

I think the show looks great. It's stunning visually. I love the main hat/video screen barge/prop thing. Very versatile. This is the perfect version of Fantasmic! for DisneySea. Really. The dragon coming through the mirror was freaking AWESOME. It really just came out of nowhere.

The only Fantasmic! I've seen in person is WDW's, which is utter crap compared to this. Hell, it's utter crap compared to just videos I've seen of Disneyland's version. I refuse to even attempt to see that show until it gets a HUGE revamp.

I wish I could afford to go on the TPR trip to Japan!

Hope they have the soundtrack cd of Fantasmic! available,

by the time our TPR tour group gets there in late June.

They probably will, and I'll find it in the main "emporium" there

near the front entrance of TDS.

I got the soundtrack cds available for TDS' two shows back in 2007...

The Legend of Mythica (daytime) and

BraviSEAmo! (night)

I loved both shows and the cd soundtracks always

bring them both back to life for me.

BraviSEAmo!_cd.jpg.75cbd9a03e1da2a6afdb5d3afa1cee8e.jpg

BraviSEAmo! cd. Where FIRE and WATER used to (ahem) "get it on" with music and lights, lol! R.I.P.

TDSlegendsOfMythicaCD.jpg.503e0a31168832b71479f70067a1ad56.jpg

The Legned of Mythica cd. A fun daytime show with great waterfloats, lots of drumming - and still "playing" at TDS!

When I were there in 2007, the new re-do of Sinbad had

just opened that year. First version was more 'dark & angry'

in Sinbad's confrontations through his travels.

GP didn't like it much, so they Small Worl'd it and now it's

all sweet and happy - but I still loved it, LOL!

I asked, but was told (back then) the soundtrack

from the revised attraction wasn't out just yet.

But now - am hoping - it's available when I'm there in June,

maybe on a Disney Sea attractions' list soundtrack cd.

(Sorry to sidetrack from Fantasmic!,

but hey - it's all TDS goodness, lol!)

I resent the fact that anyone could call WDW's Fantasmic crap!!!!

Go watch SeaWorld's fireworks show and then tell me Fantasmic at the Studios is crap!

On a lighter note, when the show first started, I liked it but it didn't feel like Fantasmic to me, and I kind of missed the openings that the Disneyland and WDW versions have. When I opened up the second part, I was awestruck! The great set pieces, amazing fountains, the dragon, the music and the (somewhat limited) pyrotechnics came together for an amazing show. The imagineers have another hit on their hands.

OMG Elissa, don't even get me started on Sinbad's Storybook Voyage! We had no idea that ride was at DisneySea - we just walked over there and were like "Sinbad's Storybook Voyage? It's probably like the storybook boats at Disneyland (which aren't very high on my favorite rides list). But what the heck, lets check it out." We were BLOWN AWAY! IMO, Sinbad's is one of Disney's best non-thrilling rides. The music is absolutely beautiful, and really meaningful too if you look up a good translation. Unlike small world, the verses of the music actually tell a story as you progress through the ride. It explains how you're seeking treasure, but at the end explains how the real treasure was the journey you took and the friends you met along the way. I think it's saying you should seek what you want in life, but follow "the compass of your heart" to get there rather than taking the path others say you should take - as the real treasure in life is the experiences you have trying to chase your goal, not the end goal itself. Gotta love rides with life messages.

I've spent HOURS looking for the song, but haven't been able to find a professional recording of it. If anyone has it, please let me know. Or if you stumble across it on the Japan trip, please pick me up a copy!

I'm hoping the ride comes to America someday, or at least an English version of the song gets made.

Edited by ILoveRides

Here's a good translation of Compass of Your Heart that I found on MiceChat:

Lift your sails to the heavens, steer straight towards the horizon.

A bright, shining dream - a treasure waits for you.

Rough waves may toss your ship, storms may rage in your path.

If you proceed without fear, friends will give you a hand.

As the winds propel you on your journey, steer with anticipation and hope.

Help everyone as you proceed, never forgetting kindness and courage.

Chorus:

Life is an adventure, although there is no map.

Seek the treasure and believe in the compass of your heart.

There is something more important than gems or gold.

The most valuable thing is a gift from the heart.

At last we find the treasure, not gems or gold.

It's the journey we take and the great friends we make along the way.

... and a Youtube video of the ride, for those who haven't ridden it:

Edited by ILoveRides