TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Tokyo Disney Resort Discussion Thread

p. 78 - TONS of new Fantasy Springs info!

I like this as much as I like the DLR version. This had no villlians or dragon version, but is better then both woc and fantasmic orlando. Had this had murphy or something it would have far surpassed other versions though... but holy crap that was still damn impressive!!!!!

Nice job Disney! It looks like they combined the best of all their shows into one, and really took advantage of the space they have for the show at DisneySea. I like that they kept the core of the show and story the same, but dramatically improved the technology and scale of it.

I do still like the scenes on the Mark Twain and Columbia in Disneyland's Fantasmic better than the Japan counterparts, but the DisneySea show seems more impressive overall.

I do still like the scenes on the Mark Twain and Columbia in Disneyland's Fantasmic

These scenes will always remain my favorite at Disneyland's Fantasmic. It's just such great use of props that already exist. It's going to be hard to re-create that at any other park. I've still never seen the version in Orlando (not a big enough fan of the show in the first place to go wait in line for it), but since there's doesn't seem to be any "show pass" silliness in Japan, I'll be happy to just walk up and watch the show 2 minutes before showtime...which is how all shows should be! (Yes, that's a WoC dig!)

--Robb

^ Orlando Fantasmic is not good at all IMO. I was very dissapointed in the stadium, like WOC doesnt annoy me, but I hated going into the giant stadium cause I still got a terrible seat in the back. Then there was crappy murphy and they had none of the awesome props from Disneyland. This I would 100% see and go out of my way, but not for WDWs fantasmic.

I understand all of the SoCal people missing the Columbia and Mark Twain being part of the show, but I gotta say having a huge ass Volcano back up the show is pretty cool too.

I look forward to riding Journey several times with no wait while the show is going on!!!!

I understand all of the SoCal people missing the Columbia and Mark Twain being part of the show, but I gotta say having a huge A$$ Volcano back up the show is pretty cool too.

Well, you also have to remember that most SoCal Disney nerds aren't allowed to say they like something better at another park, even if deep down they do. They'll get banned from the group!

--Robb "Was banned from the So Cal Disney group many years ago!" Alvey

That was absolutely amazing! I really thought that when they announced WOC this is the kind of thing they had in mind. They did an awesome job! That is definitely a show I would stay to watch.

I understand all of the SoCal people missing the Columbia and Mark Twain being part of the show, but I gotta say having a huge A$$ Volcano back up the show is pretty cool too.

Well, you also have to remember that most SoCal Disney nerds aren't allowed to say they like something better at another park, even if deep down they do.

I like it better! Including what Elissa said (missing the big boats) the ONLY thing I would say is that I do like that Disneyland's is closer to the audience and you can really see all the actors on the stage. But likewise, I really like the grandeur of this production.

Fantasmic at WDW combines the "fun" of show pass, without the actual order. Instead they shove you in a pen for an hour then it's a free for all to the seats. YAY! The WDW show is inferior to DL, it really is.

Fantasmic at DL & WDW is more of a stage production with some water screens and barges to entertain. This is more of an Illuminations or WoC style show first and foremost with actors and characters on barges to support it.